Is there such a thing as a UK bike show?

Random

Guest
I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the motor show type of
events but based on cycling.

Is there such an event held anually or are there any smaller regional shows?
Finally, is there a site that lists cycling related events like this
(assuming they happen)

By regional, I'd prefer it being north West England!

In message <[email protected]>,
Random <[email protected]> writes
>I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the motor show type
>of events but based on cycling.
>
>Is there such an event held anually or are there any smaller regional shows?
>Finally, is there a site that lists cycling related events like this
>(assuming they happen)
>
>By regional, I'd prefer it being north West England!

The Cycle Show in London, in October: http://www.cycleshow.co.uk/

Less like a motor show but the year's biggest cycling event is the York
Rally run by the CTC every June. (http://www.yorkcycleshow.co.uk/ but
the home page seems to be a bit broken at the moment!)

There was one called the Bike Show which was held at Stoneleigh Park in
Warwickshire (which is North West England from where I'm sitting!) but
it's been cancelled this year.

in message <[email protected]>,
Random ('[email protected]') wrote:

> I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the motor show type
> of events but based on cycling.
>
> Is there such an event held anually or are there any smaller regional
> shows? Finally, is there a site that lists cycling related events like
> this (assuming they happen)
>
> By regional, I'd prefer it being north West England!

I don't know of one in north west England. There's an annual London show
in, I think, September, and I think there's an officially-trade-only
show in Birmingham as well. If it's mountain bikes you're interested in
there's what is effectively a good trade show at Fort William when the
mountain bike world series comes through - all the big (and many of the
not-so-big) manufacturers are there, with their latest and best on show.

'You cannot put "The Internet" into the Recycle Bin.'

Well there's this http://www.cycleshow.co.uk/ but Excel is a pain to get to,
even when you live and work in London.

news:[email protected]...

Random a écrit :
> I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the motor show type of
> events but based on cycling.
>
> Is there such an event held anually or are there any smaller regional
> shows?
> Finally, is there a site that lists cycling related events like this
> (assuming they happen)
>
> By regional, I'd prefer it being north West England!

There have been at least two cycle shows in London at the Islington
Design Centre since I have been following these forums. I met my current
favorite bike at one of them!

I'm not sure if they were annual or biennial.

EFR
Ile de France

"POHB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Well there's this http://www.cycleshow.co.uk/ but Excel is a pain to get
> to, even when you live and work in London.

Found it easy to get to. Web site gave good instructions & the route was
well signposted. Travelled down from Norfolk and had no probs following the
directions.

Cheers, helen s

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>,
> Random ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> I was just wondering if there is an equivalent to the motor show type
>> of events but based on cycling.
>>
>> Is there such an event held anually or are there any smaller regional
>> shows? Finally, is there a site that lists cycling related events like
>> this (assuming they happen)
>>
>> By regional, I'd prefer it being north West England!

> I don't know of one in north west England. There's an annual London show
> in, I think, September, and I think there's an officially-trade-only
> show in Birmingham as well. If it's mountain bikes you're interested in
> there's what is effectively a good trade show at Fort William when the
> mountain bike world series comes through - all the big (and many of the
> not-so-big) manufacturers are there, with their latest and best on show.

There is of course the CTC York Rally on the racecourse,last weekend in
June.

Not exactly North West but nearer than Excel.

Sam Salt