Is there such a thing as Schredar to Presta Adapter?

Me

Guest
Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
know if there is an adapter that works in reverse?

Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages and its presta only and I
would like to be able to use it on my new tandem that for reason I wont go into here I've decided to
run Schrader valves on.

cheers

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
> know if there is an adapter that works in
reverse?

> Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages and its presta only and I
> would like to be able to use it on my new tandem
that
> for reason I wont go into here I've decided to run Schrader valves on.
>
> cheers

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
> know if there is an adapter that works in
reverse?

> Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages and its presta only and I
> would like to be able to use it on my new tandem
that
> for reason I wont go into here I've decided to run Schrader valves on.
>
> cheers

Yes there is. The one I have came with a Silca type pump head kit. You can get one here

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ and search for 'SI-2220'.

Mike

> "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
> > know if there is an adapter that works in
> reverse?
> >
> > Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages
and
> > its presta only and I would like to be able to use it on my new tandem
> that
> > for reason I wont go into here I've decided to run Schrader valves on.
> >
> > cheers
> >

> Yes there is. The one I have came with a Silca type pump head kit. You
can
> get one here
>
> http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ and search for 'SI-2220'.

There are good ones and bad ones; the link does not say enough to tell which one this is.

The bad ones are just a bit of brass with the right threadings on each end.

The good ones have a valve-depresser for the schraeder end and an internal valve.

The bad ones are bad because they don't work.

I know because I have both types.

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
> know if there is an adapter that works in reverse?
>
> Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages and its presta only and I
> would like to be able to use it on my new tandem that for reason I wont go into here I've decided
> to run Schrader valves on.
>
> cheers

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?id=217106290916&d=single&c=Tire%20Tube&sc=Accessories&tc=Valv-
e%20Adaptors&item_id=SI-2220

"jt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does
> > > anyone know if there is an adapter that works in
> reverse?
> > >
> > > Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages
> and
> > > its presta only and I would like to be able to use it on my new tandem
> that
> > > for reason I wont go into here I've decided to run Schrader valves on.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >

> > Yes there is. The one I have came with a Silca type pump head kit. You
> can
> > get one here
> >
> > http://www.biketoolsetc.com/ and search for 'SI-2220'.
> >

> There are good ones and bad ones; the link does not say enough to tell which one this is.
>
> The bad ones are just a bit of brass with the right threadings on each end.
>
> The good ones have a valve-depresser for the schraeder end and an internal valve.
>
> The bad ones are bad because they don't work.
>
> I know because I have both types.

I have the one from BikeToolsEtc. It has a valve-depresser at the Schraeder end. I don't know about
the internal valve. It seems to work fine, although I've only had call to use it twice.

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I know I can buy a Schrader valve (i.e. car tires) to presta valve adapters, but does anyone
> know if there is an adapter that works in
reverse?

> Curious as I have a really nice road frame pump that I've had for ages and its presta only and I
> would like to be able to use it on my new tandem
that
> for reason I wont go into here I've decided to run Schrader valves on.

Of course! Please see: www.yellowjersey.org/NUVALVE.HTML

(we call them adapteurs polonaises)

back in ancient times when i needed presta for me and schrader for my gf's bike, i went to the local
schwinn shop (that's how long ago this was), got a standard schrader replacement hose with the chuck
on the end, hacked the presta valve from an inner tube and clamped it onto the end of the hose
opposite the chuck with an auto hose clamp and presto! er, presta!

i think i still have this thing hanging around.