Is there such a thing?

richardpick

Dec 7, 2005
A XC/Jump bike or rather a mountain bike that I can ride around town, trails, and satisfy my jumping needs?

I'm looking for these things:

Steel frame or same strength and longevity

Can be single speed or gears, been scoping the SS's though

Don't wanna sit to low to the ground, looked at some dirtjumping bikes but they only go up to like 17", I don't wanna look like I just stole some kids bike and am parading it around town. I'm 5'11".

29" wheels ... spinners... j/k.

Stay around the 1000k mark

Please offer any suggestions, links, pics.

Also, I've been looking at the santa cruz chameleon, but the guy at the lbs told me santa cruz only offers a 2 year warranty on their bikes "because they know how people are going to treat them". Would this mean that their frames aren't as durable and tough or maybe it's because they expect it to last longer than you would need a warranty. Any comments?

Oh and thanx again.

OK, so how would YOU design and warranty a jumping bike?

If you design and build the frame to handle, say, a drop off of a 4' loading dock, somebody is going to try to ride it off of the roof.

If you build it to withstand a jump off of the roof, it's going to weigh more and cost more - and - there will always be a higher roof.

If you want to do that kind of riding, you're just going to have to pay your money and take your chances.

Have fun and good luck!