Is this a Chorus cassette?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pete Biggs, May 23, 2003.

  1. Pete-<< Looks like a Veloce to me.

    When 9s came out in 1997, the cogs were all loose, including Chorus, Spidered carriers came out in
    1998...Could be Chorus.

  2. On Fri, 23 May 2003 17:13:55 +0000, Paul Southworth wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Pete Biggs
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3609961658
    >>
    >>...Looks like a Veloce to me.
    >
    > Not Chorus - no carrier, full set of amber spacers. Could be Veloce. Seller may have been confused
    > by taking that cassette off an otherwise Chorus bike, it would be a predictable OEM corner to cut.

    In all fairness, if it is really new and it has the sizes you want (13-23). then the 15 pounds he is
    asking is pretty good, even if it is Veloce.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | Enron's slogan: Respect, Communication, Integrity, and _`\(,_ | Excellence. (_)/ (_) |

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > When 9s came out in 1997, the cogs were all loose, including Chorus, Spidered carriers came out in
    > 1998...Could be Chorus.

    Were they better than the current Veloce cassettes in any way? Lighter?

    I feel sorry for any bidder who ends up paying over the odds.

    ~PB

  4. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    >
    > > When 9s came out in 1997, the cogs were all loose, including Chorus, Spidered carriers came out
    > > in 1998...Could be Chorus.
    >
    > Were they better than the current Veloce cassettes in any way? Lighter?
    >
    > I feel sorry for any bidder who ends up paying over the odds.

    Nobody stupid enough to make that mistake will bid, especially on campy stuff.

    But I'm probably wrong.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Pete-<< Were they better than the current Veloce cassettes in any way? Lighter?
    >
    > Nope, when Chorus and Daytona went to 'carriers' and spiders, the Chorus became
    > Veloce-identical...

    They did change the shape of the cogs around 2001 for slightly better shifting. I have a 2001 Veloce
    9sp cassete on one wheel and a 2000 Daytona on another and the Veloce does shift slightly quieter
    and more smoothly. It's not a big difference but if it is a '97 Chorus cassette you've be better off
    with a new Veloce one anyway.

    Bruce Dickson.

    To win any race you have to stay on your bike. Chris Boardman