is this a fraud

ilovestacy

Jan 23, 2005
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7151472802

New 2001 Bianchi XL EV2 Reparto Course with new sloping geometry, and Bianchi carbon fork. Close to $4000. invested. Bike is brand new.

Campy Centour Group

American Classic CR-420 wheels

Fredestein Fortezza TriComp tires

Connex chain

Easton EA50 bar

Easton EA50 120mm stem

American Classic seat post

Biolink Intercool seat and seat pack

Elite bottle holder

Look 396 pedals

With a lighter seat this is a true 16lb bike with out pedals!!

$1200. doesnt this seem low? anything to be wary of? anyone use paypal? does it provide protection? anything else is appreciated. oh anyone have this bike? thank yall-pc

If you think a 4 year old bike with Centaur for $1200 is too good to be true, I would love to sell you a 2002 with Record for the same price :rolleyes: . It isn't real estate, seems average deal at best. If the guy sells it for that much, he will be lucky, but if you feel like it is a good deal, I don't see anything funny in the ad, go for it.

ilovestacy said:
please respond guys/dolls.
It's a deal--that's a solid, quality setup--but I agree with Wilmar; it's not an unbelievable deal. You'll see new bikes of old model years being sold at significant discounts routinely. For a 2001 model year, Centaur-level aluminum Bianchi to go for $1200 in a 2005 private sale doesn't sound too off the mark.

Both Ebay and PayPal have provisions for dealing with fraud, though they vary depending on the users and te circumstances. If in doubt, email the seller, or scroll through his feedback and email some of the persons he'd recently dealt with. Get a sense fro who you're dealing with. Still worried? Pass the offer up. Sometimes you need to go with your gut.

lokstah said:
It's a deal--that's a solid, quality setup--but I agree with Wilmar; it's not an unbelievable deal. You'll see new bikes of old model years being sold at significant discounts routinely. For a 2001 model year, Centaur-level aluminum Bianchi to go for $1200 in a 2005 private sale doesn't sound too off the mark.

Both Ebay and PayPal have provisions for dealing with fraud, though they vary depending on the users and te circumstances. If in doubt, email the seller, or scroll through his feedback and email some of the persons he'd recently dealt with. Get a sense fro who you're dealing with. Still worried? Pass the offer up. Sometimes you need to go with your gut.
Personally, I'd rather buy a bike I know is new from a local dealer for a few more bucks. Ride the bike, inspect it, and then take it with me after paying my money.

It's the classic "risk vs reward" decision. Like Lokstah said, best to email with the seller and see how much confidence you have in his answers. I'd be curious to know how he got a "new" 2001 bike, how many miles are on it, and why he's selling it.

ilovestacy said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7151472802

New 2001 Bianchi XL EV2 Reparto Course with new sloping geometry, and Bianchi carbon fork. Close to $4000. invested. Bike is brand new.

Campy Centour Group

American Classic CR-420 wheels

Fredestein Fortezza TriComp tires

Connex chain

Easton EA50 bar

Easton EA50 120mm stem

American Classic seat post

Biolink Intercool seat and seat pack

Elite bottle holder

Look 396 pedals

With a lighter seat this is a true 16lb bike with out pedals!!

$1200. doesnt this seem low? anything to be wary of? anyone use paypal? does it provide protection? anything else is appreciated. oh anyone have this bike? thank yall-pc

I don't think it's that unbelievable of a deal. And it doesn't have the "red flags" of a fraudulant auction (foreign seller, wire transfer only for payment method, hijacked account, etc.). I bet it's legit. Your best be is to contact the seller and see if they seem legit. If you get a response like: "Very happy to contact. Have to quickly sell. Please wire transfer funds", then I'd be a little suspicious.