Is this a good bike for me?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave4x, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Dave4x

Dave4x New Member

im a beginner to mountain biking, but i ride dirtbikes alot. i want a bike that i can ride on the trails, the same trails i ride my dirtbike on. im only 13, so moneys tight (i do have a summer job with my dad, and thats paying for the bike) Right here is the bike i was thinking. do you think it could well suit me? and if it matters, i am:
    13 years old
    5'6"
    130 lb

thanx! (by the way, this is my first post here!)

p.s. what is Shimano EF-29 EZ-Fire? is it like click-shift?

Tags:

2. Dave4x

Dave4x New Member

Ya know what? nevermind that bike, i may be able to spend the extra money for this one . only questions are... yes this has disc brakes, correct? and how many gears are there/ what shifting method is used? btw, i just showed my dad this bike he says "oh, now its $500?" i say "yeah, but the other doesnt have rear suspension" he replies with "yeah, well u need that" so, the extra $100 is no problem

3. Bommer

Bommer New Member

for a budget bike, you're better off going for the hardtail. If you desperately want full sus, either go for an '02 model, so you get a better bike for the same cash or try looking at some second hand.

The shifters are similar to shimano's rapidfire. A thumb trigger and a flickie lever for your index finger

4. frey

frey New Member

Both bikes are good, have read really good reviews of the second one (the full suspension one). Although it is true that you'll pay for that rear suspension, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you like the way it looks, rides, feels, then buy it... :)

5. Dave4x

Dave4x New Member

thanx guys, thats a good price for the second bike?