Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

"Zen Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> LBS is offering me this new 2007 Fuji Team Pro for $1350:
> http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=267&subcat= (or
> http://tinyurl.com/2j6ejm)
>
> Seems like a good deal. Comments?

It's a really good deal. I have a Fuji Newest which is very similar to the
prior Fuji Team Pro which was used by a couple of pro teams here in the
States. I think that Health Net had them? In any case my brother bought one
and rode it for about 5 years before moving "up". Actually it took him
awhile to actually move up. He went through a lot of expensive bikes before
finding something that was actually better than the Team Pro.

"David Kerber" <ns_dkerber@ns_WarrenRogersAssociates.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>> LBS is offering me this new 2007 Fuji Team Pro for $1350:
>> http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=267&subcat= (or
>> http://tinyurl.com/2j6ejm)
>>
>> Seems like a good deal. Comments?

> Must be something wrong with it, if he's selling it at that price. Or
> is it just the frame?

It's the full bike and I rode it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing
wrong with it. It's a reputable shop.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I was wrong about the year. It's a 2006. Still...

That makes sense. Snap it up!

newsgroups if possible).

On Jun 12, 7:57 pm, "Zen Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
> LBS is offering me this new 2007 Fuji Team Pro for $1350:http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=267&subcat=(orhttp://tinyurl.com/2j6ejm)
>
> Seems like a good deal. Comments?

That's a good deal. If the frame fits and you like the ride, go for
it.
-------------------
Alex

As someone who has collected a new frame based on failure of a carbon
frame after 5 years and 4000 mi of use, I repeat: This bike has a
3-year warranty (mine was lifetime). Need I say more??

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

"Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> As someone who has collected a new frame based on failure of a carbon
> frame after 5 years and 4000 mi of use, I repeat: This bike has a
> 3-year warranty (mine was lifetime). Need I say more??
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

I like things that are well made, and tend to keep serious purchases a long,
long, time but I have never once considered the warranty as a key feature of
any bike that I have purchased.

I have noticed from your posts that you seem to put the warranty at the top
of features to review on bikes. Can you share the reasoning behind it?

Donald Gillies wrote:
> As someone who has collected a new frame based on failure of a carbon
> frame after 5 years and 4000 mi of use, I repeat: This bike has a
> 3-year warranty (mine was lifetime). Need I say more??
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

Dumbass,
Who cares, just buy a new one after 3 years - you'll probably be bored of
it by then anyway. After all some frames only have a warranty of 364 days.

On Jun 13, 9:17 pm, [email protected] (Donald Gillies) wrote:

> 3-year frame warranty. Need i say more ??

Probably, since this is what appears on the Fuji website:

"What is your warranty policy?
Fuji Limited Lifetime Warranty

POLICY:
Advanced Sports, Inc. provides the original retail purchaser of each
new Fuji bicycle a limited lifetime warranty against defects in
materials and workmanship for the bicycle frame and rigid fork when
purchased from and assembled by an authorized Fuji dealer."

> As someone who has collected a new frame based on failure of a carbon
> frame after 5 years and 4000 mi of use, I repeat: This bike has a
> 3-year warranty (mine was lifetime). Need I say more??
>
> - Don Gillies
> San Diego, CA

----------------
I do 4000 miles in 4 months, that seems like a very short life span for a
frame. What kind of frame was that, or did I read your comment correctly?

Thanks for the advice. I offered $1300 out the door and they accepted. This
ought to be a good entry-level carbon unit. Anybody wants a link to the bike
shop please let me know. It's in OC, CA.

On Jun 13, 7:53 pm, "Zen Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. I offered $1300 out the door and they accepted. This
> ought to be a good entry-level carbon unit. Anybody wants a link to the bike
> shop please let me know. It's in OC, CA.

Zen, not sure if you got my note - I would be interested in knowing
who has this bike available - I was getting ready to purch an all
carbon Fuji bike