Is this a good idea on a new bike?

ironviet

May 12, 2007
I am currently riding a 2006 Fuji Team Pro 54 cm. I am leaning towards switching it out for a 52 cm. Though I fit a 54 cm I think a 52 cm would fit me better and would ease the effort in getting on and off the bike. I am a recreational rider so since I was trying to get another size, what is comparable this current bike that I have or should I just get a newer model of the same bike in the new size? Any idea how much my I should be asking for my bike on the used bike market? Thanks

ironviet said:
I am currently riding a 2006 Fuji Team Pro 54 cm. I am leaning towards switching it out for a 52 cm. Though I fit a 54 cm I think a 52 cm would fit me better and would ease the effort in getting on and off the bike. I am a recreational rider so since I was trying to get another size, what is comparable this current bike that I have or should I just get a newer model of the same bike in the new size? Any idea how much my I should be asking for my bike on the used bike market? Thanks
Get yourself fitted properly befor you buy anything

ironviet said:

try:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

It will give you some basic parameters...top tube length, saddle height, saddle to handle bar length, etc... which you could use as a starting point. "Size" varies with manufacturers so make sure you understand the 3 types of "fit". Nothing beats riding the "fit" to make sure it's OK...
Price: check ebay for similar bikes.