Is this a good MTB? GIANT XTC SE3 (with pic)

maxbuwaya

Aug 12, 2003
Hey guys im new here:)

What can you say about this MTB?

GIANT XTC SE3
pic
http://www.pbase.com/dmaxbuwaya3/my_bike

I just bought it yesterday

Are the parts good? Will it level with the Shimano Deore? Im not quite familiar with the brand in it. i bought it because of the original frame. (htere are lots of fake frame here in asia)

The ony thing i dont want is the gripshift:)

Tnx for the replies:)

Your frame and set up look ok. I used to own a Giant XTC Ds2 and it was fine fine. If i were you I'd replace all the Deore for XT or XTR depending on whether you want to do any racing in the future. Also the tyres, Maxxis Larsen are great or Panaracer Trailblaster 1.95 or 1.8's for racing. I'm over 188 cm tall and weigh around 79-80kg. This didn't mix well with the Giant. After only 3 months of hammering the poor machine off road., I found that the bushings near the bottom bracket were shot. If you're lighter than 75kg then you're fine, if not then check the bushings regularly. But overall they're a good frame with options to upgrade components when the cheapo ones break.
Hope this helps.
Marty

SE4 is a good old hard tail so anything up the Giant listings must be better! If you're doing 60-80 Km a week through Forest and Single track, you'll love it cos I do on my SE4.
My only problem with your bike is it's too clean. Get out there and ride!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha :) Yup its too clean coz its like a day old. Ive rack about 40km already. Its now rainig hard in here I dont wanna go out coz it can be very dangerous

Tnx guys for the info:)

I would have thought you would have asked this before you bought the bike. Do you not find it a bit heavy? I was looking into one of these but it weighs quite alot so not too sure whether it will work with 90lbs of me.

Yes Devil, I thought that with my old Giant Xtc Ds2 so I upgraded a few things on it to lighten the load so as to speak. Tyres are a mojor weight so consider getting lighter kevlar beaded tyres, seats, seat posts, handlbars, chainsets, and of course forks all add up so look to upgrade to carbon posts and bars, titanium seat and lightweight forks by Rockshox or Fox are sweet.

Enjoy the trails,

Originally posted by Martystan
Yes Devil, I thought that with my old Giant Xtc Ds2 so I upgraded a few things on it to lighten the load so as to speak. Tyres are a mojor weight so consider getting lighter kevlar beaded tyres, seats, seat posts, handlbars, chainsets, and of course forks all add up so look to upgrade to carbon posts and bars, titanium seat and lightweight forks by Rockshox or Fox are sweet.

Enjoy the trails,

This bike is probably not nearly as heavy as the DS2.. It also has no bushings because its a hardtail. no need to check those.. :)

Originally posted by maxbuwaya
Hey guys im new here:)

What can you say about this MTB?

GIANT XTC SE3
pic
http://www.pbase.com/dmaxbuwaya3/my_bike

I just bought it yesterday

Are the parts good? Will it level with the Shimano Deore? Im not quite familiar with the brand in it. i bought it because of the original frame. (htere are lots of fake frame here in asia)

The ony thing i dont want is the gripshift:)

Tnx for the replies:)
:D : Hi I need help I am on my way to Thiland in October to Bangkok i would like to buy a high end mountain bike duel suspension would you know where the cheepest place would be to buy one and how much cheeper is it than in the USA

tHANKS

sEAN