is this a new trick?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling archive' started by Onetrack, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Onetrack

    Onetrack Guest

    one wheeled stallion wrote:
    > *Is this the trickI've seen that's shot through a fish eye
    > lens? Guy on a black uni with Green Miyata seat? Looks
    > really cool if it's what I'm thinking of, any links would
    > be much appreciated.
    >
    > Wheel spin's not a good name, as it generally refers to
    > the wheel spinning without traction underneath the vehicle
    > doesn't it? Would be confusing! *

    you must be thinking of something else, their is no traction
    underneath the vehicle, as both rider and unicycle are in
    the air. -mike

    --
    onetrack - street terrorist
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

  2. Darchibald

    Darchibald Guest

    one wheeled stallion wrote:
    > *Wheel spin's not a good name, as it generally refers to
    > the wheel spinning without traction underneath the vehicle
    > doesn't it? *

    onetrack - Up their OWS says generally. I don't think he was
    refering to a uni trick. He was saying how its already used
    with cars and bikes and stuff.

    OWS - I think that is the guy. I watched it like 14 times
    straight in a row and the sound annoyed the hell out a me.
    I'll try and find it.

    David

    --
    darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

    "Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
    suicide mount.
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

  3. Darchibald

    Darchibald Guest

  4. Darchibald

    Darchibald Guest

  5. Onetrack

    Onetrack Guest

    yeah, the rider's name is Nik Caffroy. for the srory behind
    the clip read the first page of this thread towards the
    bottom after John's post.

    sorry, my mistake. on my last post

    --
    onetrack - street terrorist
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

  6. Tugboat

    Tugboat Guest

    > I have to beg no-one names any tricks with really stupid
    > names like Mizou and Mistral etc. And that no-one uses the
    > term "fakie" in unicycling! I just couldn't stand it!

    sorry dude. but backwards riding is fakie. people are
    already using the term. ive hopped a couple small sets
    fakie, and dan heaton has done some fakie stuff in universe
    2. haha too bad man. but when names already come out, theres
    not much you can do. i don't like the term unispin, but
    theres no way to stop it. or koosh-koosh... i wish we got
    rid of that name.

    Kevin

    --
    tugboat - Street Unier named Kevin

    "You won't get hurt if you land it!"
    tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

  7. Leo

    Leo Guest

    undertaker, tailwhip, funcky chicken, McCircles, flair,
    surfing, tire-tap... No BMX is clear....

    But that koosh-koosh, I always wondered where this name
    came from?

    --
    leo - errorist

    Leo Vandewoestijne [-lay?oh! fun-duh-wwho-styne-uhh-]
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)
    866-UNI-CYCL

    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  8. Darchibald

    Darchibald Guest

  9. James_potter

    James_potter Guest

    That sounds pretty awesome. The closest thing I've seen to
    it is someone did a rolling hop onto something, but took
    his feet off and let the wheel spin 360, then did a jump
    mount off of the obstacle. But yours is like 10 billion
    times as cool.

    --
    James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

    -If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
    pizza, for it is, wicked."-
    --Thedan

  10. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:02:20 -0500, "leo" wrote:

    >But that koosh-koosh, I always wondered where this name
    >came from?

    Allegedly from the sound that your shoe soles make while
    they scuff the tyre.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat
    post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the