is this creepy?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by T. Lists, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. T. Lists

    T. Lists Guest

    Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being weird

    I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment store,
    so the closet is looking rather sparse.

    My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done anything
    with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and found several
    things that I can wear! My mother was a short woman, so I
    can't wear the pants, but for some reason she tended to buy
    large size shirts. It's the shirts that are fitting. It is
    actually quite exciting, because I always thought of my
    mother as a petite woman.

    So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    isn't any article that I've found that particularly reminds
    me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags on it -
    she liked to buy things but then never wear them). Plus, I'm
    in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want to buy a
    whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope to be down
    one more size before I'm done with all of this.

    <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?

    Tracy

    Tags:

  2. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use for
    her clothes.

    When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    me dad's to wear. I now have a little piece of him with my
    at all times. I just don't know what I am going to do when
    my own rings start to fit again.

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  3. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use for
    her clothes.

    When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    me dad's to wear. I now have a little piece of him with my
    at all times. I just don't know what I am going to do when
    my own rings start to fit again.

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  4. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Tracy,

    Think of the new clothes that she purchased as a present she
    left for you because she knew you would get to this stage.

    If you're not freaking about the situation, then who cares.
    If you find it creepy...well...that's its own answer.

    Julie

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  5. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Tracy,

    Think of the new clothes that she purchased as a present she
    left for you because she knew you would get to this stage.

    If you're not freaking about the situation, then who cares.
    If you find it creepy...well...that's its own answer.

    Julie

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  6. Not at all creepy or weird. Wear and enjoy and thank your
    mom for the contributions to your closet. Wear them as a
    memorial to her love for you and yours for her.

    One of the motivating factors for me to begin my weight loss
    effort was the desire to wear some of my dad's clothes that
    my mom gave me after his death. The first time I was able to
    comfortably wear one of his favorite sweatshirts (and it
    still smelled like him too), I cried tears of joy and
    gratitude and sadness. Now most of his things are too big!!!
    But even as I'm typing this I'm wearing a pair of his
    sweatpants...

    On 11 Mar 2004 15:43:06 -0800, [email protected] (T.
    Lists) wrote:

    >Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    >weird ...
    >
    >I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    >What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    >problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    >for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    >last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    >store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    >My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    >her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done anything
    >with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and found several
    >things that I can wear! My mother was a short woman, so I
    >can't wear the pants, but for some reason she tended to buy
    >large size shirts. It's the shirts that are fitting. It is
    >actually quite exciting, because I always thought of my
    >mother as a petite woman.
    >
    >So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    >isn't any article that I've found that particularly reminds
    >me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags on it -
    >she liked to buy things but then never wear them). Plus,
    >I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want to buy
    >a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope to be
    >down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    ><sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    >Tracy

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  7. Not at all creepy or weird. Wear and enjoy and thank your

    Lists) wrote:

    >Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    >weird ...
    >
    >I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    >What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    >problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    >for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    >last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    >store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    >My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    >her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done anything
    >with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and found several
    >things that I can wear! My mother was a short woman, so I
    >can't wear the pants, but for some reason she tended to buy
    >large size shirts. It's the shirts that are fitting. It is
    >actually quite exciting, because I always thought of my
    >mother as a petite woman.
    >
    >So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    >isn't any article that I've found that particularly reminds
    >me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags on it -
    >she liked to buy things but then never wear them). Plus,
    >I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want to buy
    >a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope to be
    >down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    ><sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    >Tracy

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  8. NO it's not creepy. Just thank Mom and move ahead. See,
    she's still keeping an eye on you.

    And Laura - I wear my Dad's wedding ring. Depending on how
    swollen my fingers are determines which finger I wear it on.
    Right now I'm wearing it with my wedding rings. When I lose
    enough weight so I can wear Mom' s sweetheart ring again,
    I'll switch hands, and wear their rings together. They wore
    their rings over 50 years, and it comforts me to wear them,
    now they're gone. Sharon

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  9. NO it's not creepy. Just thank Mom and move ahead. See,
    she's still keeping an eye on you.

    And Laura - I wear my Dad's wedding ring. Depending on how
    swollen my fingers are determines which finger I wear it on.
    Right now I'm wearing it with my wedding rings. When I lose
    enough weight so I can wear Mom' s sweetheart ring again,
    I'll switch hands, and wear their rings together. They wore
    their rings over 50 years, and it comforts me to wear them,
    now they're gone. Sharon

    "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, the only way I see it as creepy, if Tracy is a
    GUY!!! (gd&r)

    You'd probably honor her by wearing the stuff if it fits and
    she might be happy you are more slender, too.

    I have some of my dad's stuff and he passed away last Sept.
    A fleece jacket he really liked and was in good shape and
    fit my more slender self!

    Lists) wrote:

    >Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    >weird ...
    >
    >I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    >What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    >problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    >for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    >last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    >store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    >My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    >her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done anything
    >with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and found several
    >things that I can wear! My mother was a short woman, so I
    >can't wear the pants, but for some reason she tended to buy
    >large size shirts. It's the shirts that are fitting. It is
    >actually quite exciting, because I always thought of my
    >mother as a petite woman.
    >
    >So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    >isn't any article that I've found that particularly reminds
    >me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags on it -
    >she liked to buy things but then never wear them). Plus,
    >I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want to buy
    >a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope to be
    >down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    ><sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    >Tracy

  11. Fred

    Lists) wrote:

    >Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    >weird ...
    >
    >I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    >What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    >problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    >for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    >last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    >store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    >My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    >her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done anything
    >with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and found several
    >things that I can wear! My mother was a short woman, so I
    >can't wear the pants, but for some reason she tended to buy
    >large size shirts. It's the shirts that are fitting. It is
    >actually quite exciting, because I always thought of my
    >mother as a petite woman.
    >
    >So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    >isn't any article that I've found that particularly reminds
    >me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags on it -
    >she liked to buy things but then never wear them). Plus,
    >I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want to buy
    >a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope to be
    >down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    ><sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    >Tracy

  12. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    "T. Lists" wrote:

    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

    Think of them as a gift from her to you. I wear my husband's
    mother's engagement ring - it's now mine. She died a long
    time ago and I never met her, but my husband, his father,
    and my adoreable (step)MIL all wanted me to have it, so I
    wear it with pride.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  13. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    "T. Lists" wrote:

    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

    Think of them as a gift from her to you. I wear my husband's
    mother's engagement ring - it's now mine. She died a long
    time ago and I never met her, but my husband, his father,
    and my adoreable (step)MIL all wanted me to have it, so I
    wear it with pride.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  14. Its not the least bit creepy. It is in fact a tribute to
    your mother that you are wearing things she choose. and if
    she is like my mother she would appreciate that you are not
    wasting money by purchasing things that you do not need by
    wearing what she left you. You are also recycling and that
    is another tribute to her. Lee
    T. Lists <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  15. Its not the least bit creepy. It is in fact a tribute to
    your mother that you are wearing things she choose. and if
    she is like my mother she would appreciate that you are not
    wasting money by purchasing things that you do not need by
    wearing what she left you. You are also recycling and that
    is another tribute to her. Lee
    T. Lists <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > weird ...
    >
    > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > problem when I'm desperately searching through the closet
    > for something that I can wear to work. I've taken all of
    > last years fat spring/summer stuff to the consignment
    > store, so the closet is looking rather sparse.
    >
    > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full of
    > her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    >
    > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the tags
    > on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear them).
    > Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I don't want
    > to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now, since I hope
    > to be down one more size before I'm done with all of this.
    >
    > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    >
    > Tracy

  16. Kd

    Kd Guest

    I don't see any problem with this. Go for it! I am in the
    same boat size-wise...just getting back on weight watchers
    (the fat clothes were coming dangerously close to fitting me
    again!), and I need something to wear to work. Wish I had a
    hidden stash of size 16s around!

    KD

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    > beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use
    > for her clothes.
    >
    > When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    > me dad's to
    wear.
    > I now have a little piece of him with my at all times. I
    > just don't know what I am going to do when my own rings
    > start to fit again.
    >
    > "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > > weird ...
    > >
    > > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > > problem when I'm desperately searching through the
    > > closet for something that I can wear to work. I've taken
    > > all of last years fat spring/summer stuff to the
    > > consignment store, so the closet is looking rather
    > > sparse.
    > >
    > > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full
    > > of her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    > >
    > > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the
    > > tags on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear
    > > them). Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I
    > > don't want to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now,
    > > since I hope to be down one more size before I'm done
    > > with all of this.
    > >
    > > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    > >
    > > Tracy

  17. Kd

    Kd Guest

    I don't see any problem with this. Go for it! I am in the
    same boat size-wise...just getting back on weight watchers
    (the fat clothes were coming dangerously close to fitting me
    again!), and I need something to wear to work. Wish I had a
    hidden stash of size 16s around!

    KD

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    > beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use
    > for her clothes.
    >
    > When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    > me dad's to
    wear.
    > I now have a little piece of him with my at all times. I
    > just don't know what I am going to do when my own rings
    > start to fit again.
    >
    > "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > > weird ...
    > >
    > > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > > problem when I'm desperately searching through the
    > > closet for something that I can wear to work. I've taken
    > > all of last years fat spring/summer stuff to the
    > > consignment store, so the closet is looking rather
    > > sparse.
    > >
    > > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full
    > > of her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    > >
    > > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the
    > > tags on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear
    > > them). Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I
    > > don't want to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now,
    > > since I hope to be down one more size before I'm done
    > > with all of this.
    > >
    > > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    > >
    > > Tracy

  18. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Wear it on a chain or have it crafted into a special ring
    just for you in a design your mom picks out or something.

    Julie

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    > beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use
    > for her clothes.
    >
    > When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    > me dad's to
    wear.
    > I now have a little piece of him with my at all times. I
    > just don't know what I am going to do when my own rings
    > start to fit again.
    >
    > "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > > weird ...
    > >
    > > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > > problem when I'm desperately searching through the
    > > closet for something that I can wear to work. I've taken
    > > all of last years fat spring/summer stuff to the
    > > consignment store, so the closet is looking rather
    > > sparse.
    > >
    > > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full
    > > of her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    > >
    > > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the
    > > tags on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear
    > > them). Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I
    > > don't want to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now,
    > > since I hope to be down one more size before I'm done
    > > with all of this.
    > >
    > > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    > >
    > > Tracy

  19. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Wear it on a chain or have it crafted into a special ring
    just for you in a design your mom picks out or something.

    Julie

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
    > Don't let it creep you out. Look at it as a gift from
    > beyond. Your mother would be happy that you found a use
    > for her clothes.
    >
    > When I could no longer wear my wedding ring my mother gave
    > me dad's to
    wear.
    > I now have a little piece of him with my at all times. I
    > just don't know what I am going to do when my own rings
    > start to fit again.
    >
    > "T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ok ya'll, tell me if this is creepy or am I just being
    > > weird ...
    > >
    > > I've been having a problem lately - no clothes that fit!
    > > What a wonderful problem to have, HOWEVER, it is still
    > > problem when I'm desperately searching through the
    > > closet for something that I can wear to work. I've taken
    > > all of last years fat spring/summer stuff to the
    > > consignment store, so the closet is looking rather
    > > sparse.
    > >
    > > My mom died 3 years ago, and I've still got a bin full
    > > of her clothes that I haven't sorted through and done
    > > anything with. On a hunch, I went through the bin, and
    > > found several things that I can wear! My mother was a
    > > short woman, so I can't wear the pants, but for some
    > > reason she tended to buy large size shirts. It's the
    > > shirts that are fitting. It is actually quite exciting,
    > > because I always thought of my mother as a petite woman.
    > >
    > > So, is it creepy to wear my dead mother's clothes? There
    > > isn't any article that I've found that particularly
    > > reminds me of her (a bunch of the stuff still has the
    > > tags on it - she liked to buy things but then never wear
    > > them). Plus, I'm in desperate need of the clothing. I
    > > don't want to buy a whole lot of new clothes right now,
    > > since I hope to be down one more size before I'm done
    > > with all of this.
    > >
    > > <sigh> .... why can't I just let things be easy?
    > >
    > > Tracy

  20. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I'll have to talk to mom about her giving me at least her
    wedding ring when she passes. I'd like to have the pair.

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    rthlink.net...