Is This Heretical

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Feb 10, 2006.

  1. Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    it! I've been distracted.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-10-2006, How Much is Enough?

    Tags:

  2. aem

    aem Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    > it! I've been distracted.

    Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
    I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
    after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
    the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.

    Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
    different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
    about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
    yellow one.

    A side dish I make sometimes with mole is simply zucchini diced small
    and fried with some minced garlic in 50-50 olive oil and butter until
    barely cooked, then corn (canned is okay) stirred in and the whole
    thing seasoned with salt, pepper, and ground cumin. -aem

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
    > I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
    > after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
    > the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.
    >
    > Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
    > different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
    > about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
    > yellow one.

    ¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
    I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
    for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
    refries were the best part. :-/
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-10-2006, How Much is Enough?

  4. aem

    aem Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > ¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
    > I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
    > for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
    > refries were the best part. :-/

    It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
    chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
    or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
    leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem

  5. aem wrote:
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    >>¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
    >>I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
    >>for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
    >>refries were the best part. :-/

    > It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
    > chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
    > or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
    > leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem

    'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    email:
    anisaerah at s b c global.net

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  6. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
    >> I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
    >> after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
    >> the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.
    >>
    >> Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
    >> different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
    >> about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
    >> yellow one.

    > ¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
    > I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
    > for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
    > refries were the best part. :-/

    I serve it on anything from chicken to pork chops to tofu and seitan. It goes
    on everything. I usually do rice and black beans that I spice for my sides.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  7. me

    me Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

    > aem wrote:
    > > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > >
    > >>¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
    > >>I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
    > >>for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
    > >>refries were the best part. :-/

    > > It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
    > > chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
    > > or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
    > > leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem
    > >

    > 'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

    It probably is not in the freezer at Casa Schaller, but it wouldn't
    be hard to get. There is a substantial Somali/Eritrean/Ethiopian
    population in town as well as a sizable number of Mexican
    immigrants/transients.

    sd

  8. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:17:24 -0600, me wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > aem wrote:

    > > 'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

    > It probably is not in the freezer at Casa Schaller, but it wouldn't
    > be hard to get. There is a substantial Somali/Eritrean/Ethiopian
    > population in town as well as a sizable number of Mexican
    > immigrants/transients.

    IMO: one of the tastiest ways to use mole is with turkey.

  9. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    > it! I've been distracted.

    Mole sauce. Inna box.

    What is the world coming to?

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

  10. On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Miche?

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    >> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    >> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    >> it! I've been distracted.

    > Mole sauce. Inna box.
    >
    > What is the world coming to?
    >
    > Miche

    Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  11. In article <[email protected]>,
    Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    > > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    > > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    > > it! I've been distracted.

    > Mole sauce. Inna box.
    >
    > What is the world coming to?
    >
    > Miche

    Well, where've YOU been? How's La Twerp?
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

  12. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Miche <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    > > > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    > > > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    > > > it! I've been distracted.

    > > Mole sauce. Inna box.
    > >
    > > What is the world coming to?

    > Well, where've YOU been?

    At work, mostly.

    > How's La Twerp?

    Up to my shoulder! Not that that's _much_ of an achievement...

    And in Brownies and taking swimming lessons and cycling to and from
    school with her dad and oy _vey_.

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

  13. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    > On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Miche?
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
    > >> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
    > >> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
    > >> it! I've been distracted.

    > > Mole sauce. Inna box.
    > >
    > > What is the world coming to?
    > >
    > > Miche
    > >

    > Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    Ack! Gag!

    Thhhbbbbt!

    Miche

    --
    WWMVD?

  14. Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    >> Miche?

    >> > Mole sauce. Inna box.
    >> >
    >> > What is the world coming to?
    >> >
    >> > Miche
    >> >

    >> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    > Ack! Gag!
    >
    > Thhhbbbbt!
    >
    > Miche

    Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
    thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
    bird?

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  15. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > Miche posted:
    > > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    > >> Miche posted:

    > >> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    > > Ack! Gag!
    > >
    > > Thhhbbbbt!

    > Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
    > thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
    > bird?

    http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=31735&itemType=PRODUCT&searchid=inceptor

  16. Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    i dont think that's a word, it don't sound right

    maybe you mean hereditary?
    or hysterical?
    or dissentary

  17. On Sat 18 Feb 2006 06:48:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    > Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    >>> Miche?

    >>> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    >> Ack! Gag!
    >>
    >> Thhhbbbbt!
    >>
    >> Miche
    >>

    > Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
    > thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
    > bird?

    It _was_ a reality, but I think it is no longer produced.

    http://flickr.com/photos/vortech/6744141/in/set-168193/

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  18. On Sat 18 Feb 2006 07:42:45a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Switch,
    MD/PhD?

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >
    > i dont think that's a word, it don't sound right
    >
    > maybe you mean hereditary?
    > or hysterical?
    > or dissentary

    he·ret·i·cal (h?-ret'i-k?l)
    adj.
    Of or relating to heresy or heretics.
    Characterized by, revealing, or approaching departure from established
    beliefs or standards.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  19. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> In article <[email protected]>,
    >> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    >>> Miche?

    >>> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

    >> Ack! Gag!
    >>
    >> Thhhbbbbt!
    >>
    >> Miche
    >>

    > Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken?
    > The
    > thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole
    > canned
    > bird?

    There was a news item in Uk the other week. A couple were celebrating
    their 50th wedding anniversary and the man opened a tin of whole chicken
    which was bought for them when they first married. Apparently it was
    ok:) Just a whole chicken in jelly:)

  20. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote

    >> Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
    >> thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
    >> bird?

    > There was a news item in Uk the other week. A couple were celebrating
    > their 50th wedding anniversary and the man opened a tin of whole chicken
    > which was bought for them when they first married. Apparently it was
    > ok:) Just a whole chicken in jelly:)

    I've heard of that before ... around rfc no doubt. Can I imagine a
    less appetizing prospect? Yes. But that sounds pretty damned disgusting.

    nancy