Is This Heretical

Melba's Jammin'

Guest
Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
-- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
it! I've been distracted.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-10-2006, How Much is Enough?

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
> it! I've been distracted.

Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.

Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
yellow one.

A side dish I make sometimes with mole is simply zucchini diced small
and fried with some minced garlic in 50-50 olive oil and butter until
barely cooked, then corn (canned is okay) stirred in and the whole
thing seasoned with salt, pepper, and ground cumin. -aem

In article <[email protected]>,
"aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
> I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
> after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
> the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.
>
> Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
> different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
> about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
> yellow one.

¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
refries were the best part. :-/
--

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> ¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
> I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
> for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
> refries were the best part. :-/

It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem

aem wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
>>I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
>>for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
>>refries were the best part. :-/

> It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
> chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
> or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
> leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem

'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mole is such a great thing that even the boxed version might be tasty.
>> I know the jarred ones are. When you have the time and inclination,
>> after you have collected all the spices and ingredients, you can make
>> the real thing in volume and freeze some for future use.
>>
>> Around Oaxaca there are, I think, no fewer than seven completely
>> different mole sauces. One could make a long project out of learning
>> about them all. I especially like the most common dark red one and the
>> yellow one.

> ¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
> I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
> for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
> refries were the best part. :-/

I serve it on anything from chicken to pork chops to tofu and seitan. It goes
on everything. I usually do rice and black beans that I spice for my sides.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

In article <[email protected]>,
sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

> aem wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> >>¿But does it (the mole) go with anything other than pollo?
> >>I fixed some white rice with it, some canned refritos para mi, a salad
> >>for Rob -- and a cabbage strudel for me. The strudel and the canned
> >>refries were the best part. :-/

> > It was probably an attempt at mole Poblano, the dark chocolate with
> > chiles kind. It works pretty well as a simmer sauce with pork shoulder
> > or "boneless pork ribs" as well as chicken. Try that with your
> > leftover sauce, if you feel like it. -aem
> >

> 'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

It probably is not in the freezer at Casa Schaller, but it wouldn't
be hard to get. There is a substantial Somali/Eritrean/Ethiopian
population in town as well as a sizable number of Mexican
immigrants/transients.

sd

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:17:24 -0600, me wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> sarah bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > aem wrote:

> > 'I've had mole poblano with goat, but I'm not sure she has that on hand :)

> It probably is not in the freezer at Casa Schaller, but it wouldn't
> be hard to get. There is a substantial Somali/Eritrean/Ethiopian
> population in town as well as a sizable number of Mexican
> immigrants/transients.

IMO: one of the tastiest ways to use mole is with turkey.

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
> it! I've been distracted.

Mole sauce. Inna box.

What is the world coming to?

Miche

--
WWMVD?

On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Miche?

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
>> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
>> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
>> it! I've been distracted.

> Mole sauce. Inna box.
>
> What is the world coming to?
>
> Miche

Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

In article <[email protected]>,
Miche <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
> > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
> > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
> > it! I've been distracted.

> Mole sauce. Inna box.
>
> What is the world coming to?
>
> Miche

Well, where've YOU been? How's La Twerp?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups

In article <[email protected]>,
Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Miche <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
> > > -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
> > > cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
> > > it! I've been distracted.

> > Mole sauce. Inna box.
> >
> > What is the world coming to?

> Well, where've YOU been?

At work, mostly.

> How's La Twerp?

Up to my shoulder! Not that that's _much_ of an achievement...

And in Brownies and taking swimming lessons and cycling to and from
school with her dad and oy _vey_.

Miche

--
WWMVD?

In article <[email protected]>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Miche?
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Supper plans have changed from that crescent roll and sausage thing to
> >> -- ready? -- Chicken with Mole sauce. Knorr's Mole sauce from a
> >> cardboard box. Probably with some rice, if I get out there and get on
> >> it! I've been distracted.

> > Mole sauce. Inna box.
> >
> > What is the world coming to?
> >
> > Miche
> >

> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

Ack! Gag!

Thhhbbbbt!

Miche

--
WWMVD?

Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> Miche?

>> > Mole sauce. Inna box.
>> >
>> > What is the world coming to?
>> >
>> > Miche
>> >

>> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

> Ack! Gag!
>
> Thhhbbbbt!
>
> Miche

Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
bird?

Michael

--
“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
_Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Miche posted:
> > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Miche posted:

> >> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

> > Ack! Gag!
> >
> > Thhhbbbbt!

> Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
> thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
> bird?

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=31735&itemType=PRODUCT&searchid=inceptor

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

i dont think that's a word, it don't sound right

maybe you mean hereditary?
or hysterical?
or dissentary

On Sat 18 Feb 2006 06:48:11a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
"Dog3" Lonergan?

> Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> Miche?

>>> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

>> Ack! Gag!
>>
>> Thhhbbbbt!
>>
>> Miche
>>

> Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
> thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
> bird?

It _was_ a reality, but I think it is no longer produced.

http://flickr.com/photos/vortech/6744141/in/set-168193/

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

On Sat 18 Feb 2006 07:42:45a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Switch,
MD/PhD?

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> i dont think that's a word, it don't sound right
>
> maybe you mean hereditary?
> or hysterical?
> or dissentary

he·ret·i·cal (h?-ret'i-k?l)
adj.
Of or relating to heresy or heretics.
Characterized by, revealing, or approaching departure from established
beliefs or standards.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Miche <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon 13 Feb 2006 01:55:15a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> Miche?

>>> Now all you need buy is the chicken in a can. <g>

>> Ack! Gag!
>>
>> Thhhbbbbt!
>>
>> Miche
>>

> Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken?
> The
> thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole
> canned
> bird?

There was a news item in Uk the other week. A couple were celebrating
their 50th wedding anniversary and the man opened a tin of whole chicken
which was bought for them when they first married. Apparently it was
ok:) Just a whole chicken in jelly:)

"Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote

>> Does chicken in a can exist? I mean something like a whole chicken? The
>> thought is disgusting. Seriously, does someone manufacture a whole canned
>> bird?

> There was a news item in Uk the other week. A couple were celebrating
> their 50th wedding anniversary and the man opened a tin of whole chicken
> which was bought for them when they first married. Apparently it was
> ok:) Just a whole chicken in jelly:)

I've heard of that before ... around rfc no doubt. Can I imagine a
less appetizing prospect? Yes. But that sounds pretty damned disgusting.

nancy