Is this TT position OK enough???

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by BlueJersey, Mar 11, 2007.

1. BlueJersey

BlueJersey New Member

I don't believe I can get the stem any lower since I am using a 73 degree stem. 100mm long. Thomson seatpost with "0" set back. SLR saddle all the way pushed to forward.

Tags:

2. DesFlurane

DesFlurane New Member

Didn't your mother tell you not to sit so close to the television?:p

3. AndROOb

AndROOb New Member

BlueJersey,
    post your position-pix on this site, and you should get some good constructive criticism in the main.
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/

4. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Keep in mind that in a time-trial you'll actually have your head up and looking forward (I hope). Consequently, at those angles it will be more prominent above your shoulders than this picture suggests. Since you can't get the stem any lower I guess I'm not helping, am I? :eek:

5. BlueJersey

BlueJersey New Member

Went out did a short test run on the setup. Saddle height is good. The picture is a bit deceiving. When I am sitting on the nose of the saddle, my feet is actually flat at the bottom of the stroke. Since I couldn't get any lower, I focus on stretching out my arms more. Drop the shoulders. Tuck down my head. By doing so, I think I have reduced the trunk angle or the hole from my elbows to my shoulders. I have posted the pictures at SlowTwitchMucle message board. Since my head tube is still a bit too tall, I couldn't use a shorter stem to bring my knees closer without increasing the trunk angle. Power output hasn't dropped though. I guess because my road setup I am very stretched out and low to begin with.

6. russw

russw New Member

Based on your upper arm angle and hip angle (closed) , it looks like you're stretched out too far. Have you tried a reverse set back seat post? This would allow you to move forward relative to seat tube, opening up your hip angle more for better breathing, as well as allowing your upper arms to reach a more comfortable 90 degee angle.

7. BlueJersey

BlueJersey New Member

I thought a zero set back seatpost would do the trick given that my frame is a bit smaller for me. Will try a reverse set back seatpost when I have the chance.
    So far, I think I can literally sit on the nose of my SLR. Tomorrow is the real test. Will spend 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes riding outside.

8. squidwranglr

squidwranglr New Member

This is somewhat tri-bike specific, but you may want to give it a read:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/techctr/bikefit.html

Berend

9. BlueJersey

BlueJersey New Member

Here is an updated shot of my TT position. Using a Profile Design reversed set back seatpost. I am having problem getting enough pictures taken because my family member is annoyed by it. :rolleyes: I guess I should spare them the finer pointer of TT positioning.

10. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Saddle looks to have a big tilt down from back to front. Is that the case? I didn't think that was UCI legal as the saddle support is supposed to be horizontal.

11. BlueJersey

BlueJersey New Member

The saddle is flat and level. I am on the trainer so the back end could be a bit more higher. Anyway, I don't think UCI rules apply here to our low level TT events. :)

12. jeff828

jeff828 New Member

Now thats funny :D :D :D