Is this VDB's new performance aid?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Mar 13, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Tags:

  2. Ben

    Ben Guest

    On 14 Mar 2003 02:24:43 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2847557.stm Yummy stuff! I wonder if the WADA has developed a
    >test yet? Bill C

    Wasn't it Frigo the leader in Paris-Nice that was proven positive in a race last year... So please
    justify your sarcasm based on press articles.

  3. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

  4. I've seen the Robert Maplethorpe (precursor to Graham Watson) photos.

    Mark VandenBerghe

    "Louison Bobet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2847557.stm Yummy stuff! I wonder if the WADA has developed a
    > > test yet? Bill C
    > >

    > This is what really killed my old friend Coppi. I tried to tell him it
    was
    > no good but the Lady In White enjoyed it and he had to go along.

  5. But have you seen the Maplethorpe, very private "X Collection?"

    --

  6. "ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 14 Mar 2003 02:24:43 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:
    >
    > >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2847557.stm Yummy stuff! I wonder if the WADA has developed a
    > >test yet? Bill C
    >
    > Wasn't it Frigo the leader in Paris-Nice that was proven positive in a race last year... So please
    > justify your sarcasm based on press articles.

    Did Frigo test positive last year? I thought he was caught with "stuff" in his hotel room in 2001

    -T

  7. No. Maplethorpe had many photos of people drinking piss. One of which was apparently Fausto Coppi. I
    do believe there may also have been Kunich photos.

    Mark VandenBerghe

    "Kevinm31" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Mark vandenBerge wrote:
    > >I've seen the Robert Maplethorpe (precursor to Graham Watson) photos.
    >
    > You're thinking of Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ", not Maplethorpe. Maplethorpe is famous for
    > homoerotic photos--like the one of Kunich with
    his

  8. "Mark VandenBerghe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No. Maplethorpe had many photos of people drinking piss. One of which was apparently Fausto Coppi.
    > I do believe there may also have been Kunich photos.

    Kunich's is far too ugly for Mapplethorpe. Mapplethorpe's subjects were paradigms of the human form.
    He had them engage in strange acts for shock value while maintaining purity of form. Some of it was
    disturbing stuff.

    So while Kunich wouldn't be a Mapplethorpe subject, it wouldn't be surprising if Kunich whacks off
    to that sort of thing.

  9. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    > Kunich's is far too ugly for Mapplethorpe. Mapplethorpe's subjects were
    paradigms of the human form.

    Kunich is much more suited to Joel-Peter Witkin. Come to think of it, does't this Witkin pic look
    more than a bit like Tommy Boy?

    www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/witkin/JPW6.jpeg

    www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/witkin/jpwdefault.html

  10. Sparhawk

    Sparhawk Guest

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:07:25 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <kgringioni.remove.[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Mark VandenBerghe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> No. Maplethorpe had many photos of people drinking piss. One of which was apparently Fausto
    >> Coppi. I do believe there may also have been Kunich photos.
    >

    >Kunich's is far too ugly for Mapplethorpe. Mapplethorpe's subjects were paradigms of the human
    >form. He had them engage in strange acts for shock value while maintaining purity of form. Some of
    >it was disturbing stuff.
    >

    >So while Kunich wouldn't be a Mapplethorpe subject, it wouldn't be surprising if Kunich whacks off
    >to that sort of thing.

    Sparhawk

  11. Tim Mullin <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > Kunich's is far too ugly for Mapplethorpe. Mapplethorpe's subjects were paradigms of the
    > > human form.

    > Kunich is much more suited to Joel-Peter Witkin. Come to think of it, does't this Witkin pic look
    > more than a bit like Tommy Boy? www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/witkin/JPW6.jpeg
    > www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/witkin/jpwdefault.html

    In TK's dreams. Kunich is the perfect Diane Arbus subject. In fact, here is Diane Arbus's "Portrait
    of Tom Kunich as a Young Man":

    http://www.masters-of-photography.com/A/arbus/arbus_hand_grenade_full.html

  12. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In TK's dreams. Kunich is the perfect Diane Arbus subject. In fact, here is Diane Arbus's
    > "Portrait of Tom Kunich as a Young Man":
    >
    > http://www.masters-of-photography.com/A/arbus/arbus_hand_grenade_full.html

    That's a very funny shot, Benjamin. The fourth one along (Brooklyn family) is pretty good, too,
    especially the kids.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Read. Think. Type. Send.