Is this your bike?

Damn. I loaned him that bike more than a week ago. No good deed goes unpunished.

"Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1104/2610987_200X150.jpg
>
> According to http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html they are still looking to identify his
> (dead) owner...
>
> Didier
>
> --
> Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
> http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
> University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seems like he was from LA Tri club. Same colors, same sponsor. But surely the police were able to
> find what it took me 1 minute to Google....

that would imply the cops would actually do something ... the do write tickets well;-)

s http://boardnbike.com

If Henry ever comes back under his real name I'll have to buy him a beer.

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fortunately, Henry's still here, despite the description
> http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/changSmile.jpg
>

> > http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html
> > Officers said the bicyclist appears to be an Asian male in his 30s
who is about
> > 5 feet 7 inches tall. He weighs 170 pounds and has short thinning
black hair.

> (BMI 26.65 kg/m^2)

In article <[email protected]>, Dan Connelly
<d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:

> Didier A. Depireux wrote:
> >
> > According to http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html
>

> Seems like he was from LA Tri club. Same colors, same sponsor. But surely the police were able to
> find what it took me 1 minute to Google....

That's what I couldn't understand: he's wearing a club jersey, and they can't get an ID off a club
member? But now you're saying the jersey is from a club on the other coast.

Sad story though. How does a normal, healthy person get fatally injured falling off their bicycle?
Head trauma? Not like a serious roadie to go without a helmet (especially in DC in November). Head
injury despite helmet use? Fell on something?

But you can guess a few things: moderately lonely bachelor, maybe not too many friends he checks in
with regularly, could be gone a week before he misses anything besides work.

I feel for his family.

Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Fortunately, Henry's still here, despite the description
> http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/changSmile.jpg
>

> > http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html
> > Officers said the bicyclist appears to be an Asian male in his 30s who is about
> > 5 feet 7 inches tall. He weighs 170 pounds and has short thinning black hair.
>
> (BMI 26.65 kg/m^2)

Since it is the Washington Park Police that found this bike, my guess is that it belonged to
Vince Foster.

On 11/6/03 12:36 PM, in article [email protected], "Dan Connelly"
<d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote:

> Fortunately, Henry's still here, despite the description
> http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/changSmile.jpg
>

>> http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html Officers said the bicyclist appears to be an Asian
>> male in his 30s who is about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He weighs 170 pounds and has short thinning
>> black hair.
>
> (BMI 26.65 kg/m^2)

Here is Henry when he goes out on the weekends as "Henrietta"

http://www.learndutch.org/Lesson1/who/gifs/henry.jpg

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction....

After reading the mystery dead cyclist post on our team listserve, I decided to post it to D20
convinced someone HAD to know this guy (myself being a HP sprinter too).

Last night, after discussing the issue with a teammate who had google searched the team jersey the
dead guy was wearing only to discover the team in California has 2100 members! No luck there.

Virtually within minutes of hanging up, I get a call from former teammate and good friend Mike Voigt
of Snow Valley. It seems Mike (unknowing of the posts) had a "weird" favor. It seems his uncle's
neighbor, a cycling enthusiast, has been missing since Sunday and wanted some advice (at his uncle's
request) on how to find the guy or could I post something to D20. I was aghast. I relayed to Mike
the story from nbc4. He, nor his uncle or this guy's family had seen the story. Mike didn't know
what the guy looked like or what he rode (or drove). He hung up and called his uncle. He was not
home but his aunt answered. The missing guy's BMW was left in Old Town. The Alexandria Police
apparently did not connect the dots and were not of any help (US Park Police found the body on Hains
Point). Mike called me back shocked and shaken. The guy did in fact ride a Litespeed and drove a BMW
and fit the description. He relayed the Park Police number I had to the family via his aunt. Sadly
but thankfully, mystery solved. No word on exactly how he crashed or the particulars.

James Bellora, Squadra Coppi "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1104/2610987_200X150.jpg
>
> According to http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html they are still looking to identify his
> (dead) owner...
>
> Didier
>
> --
> Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
> http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
> University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512

[email protected] (Phillip Naman) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Fortunately, Henry's still here, despite the description
> > http://www.kenpapai.com/cycling/rbr/changSmile.jpg
> >

> > > http://www.nbc4.com/news/2610082/detail.html
> > > Officers said the bicyclist appears to be an Asian male in his 30s who is about
> > > 5 feet 7 inches tall. He weighs 170 pounds and has short thinning black hair.
> >
> > (BMI 26.65 kg/m^2)
>

> Since it is the Washington Park Police that found this bike, my guess is that it belonged to
> Vince Foster.

The owner has been identified. Please, enough with the smart ass comments. Imagine if it had been a
member of your family.