Is "Under Armour" wind resistant?

JoseM

Nov 18, 2005
I was thinking about getting some Under Armour Cold Weather jerseys/leggings but wanted to know if they're good on their own (i.e. do they block wind). Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Thanks!

JoseM said:
I was thinking about getting some Under Armour Cold Weather jerseys/leggings but wanted to know if they're good on their own (i.e. do they block wind). Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Thanks!
I wear the shirts under my jerseys when it gets colder, short sleeve "heat gear" and when it's real cold the "cold gear" mock turtleneck. Not windproof, but they do the job as a base layer.

depends. Under Armour does make some products that offer wind protection. go to http://www.underarmour.com/ for the list of products. in general, though, Under Armour is for warm weather conditions or are more for wicking than for thermal or wind protection.

JoseM said:
Shouldn't the outer layer be the one that is windproof?

Dondare said:
Shouldn't the outer layer be the one that is windproof?
depends...i use to wear those nifty undies with nylon windbreaker fabric on the front underneath my ski suit when i raced. :p

While I've not seen all of their offerings, I don't think they make a windproof garment. However, overall their products are fantastic. I've only had one problem with their products: color-fastness. One of their hoodies has string... i'm not sure if it was color from the string or the logo on the front, but it bled through the string onto the main fabric of the hoodie.

JoseM said:

laffingbilly said:
depends...i use to wear those nifty undies with nylon windbreaker fabric on the front underneath my ski suit when i raced. :p
Craft's "S3" line has the jerseys and shorts with the windproof layer over the polypro. Don't know of anyone else making a windproof underlayer.