Is white not right?

Most cycling shorts sold to the general public are black for a reason--they help hide the impression of our non-public body parts. It's probably more acceptable for men to wear a white jersey than women, though women often also wear a sports bra to help retain their modesty.

Jason

I see nothing wrong with it at all. I have a capo cima set in white and they are my favorite. I get nothing but compliments when I wear it. as long as it isn't completely see through, I see nothing wrong with it. You cant see through mine at all, so I guess I never worry about it.

It's not just about see-through--it's also about hiding the outline of the parts, assuming you're not wearing underwear (which you shouldn't be). If you're just riding a non-stop loop starting and ending at home, it's not a big deal, but if you're stopping at a public place anywhere, folks might be a little offended, even if they don't say anything.

Besides, if you get wet, the white can become more see-through.

Jason

Originally Posted by jpr95 .

It's not just about see-through--it's also about hiding the outline of the parts, assuming you're not wearing underwear (which you shouldn't be). If you're just riding a non-stop loop starting and ending at home, it's not a big deal, but if you're stopping at a public place anywhere, folks might be a little offended, even if they don't say anything.

Besides, if you get wet, the white can become more see-through.

Jason
good point. I know a lot of people will ride to a public place and walk around or whatnot. I ride to ride. ride out and then back home. the only problem i would have is if i were to get wet. on a dry day and if you were to go on just a ride and not to your local coffee shop, I say go for the white.

Originally Posted by bianchi10 . You cant see through mine at all, so I guess I never worry about it....
Have you ever ridden behind a guy wearing white shorts on a hot day where he sweats a lot? It's generally not flattering...

Maybe you don't sweat when you ride, but many folks do and white shorts have a habit of becoming increasingly transparent when they get soaked with sweat. You might not notice it glancing down at the front of your own shorts, but everyone notices when following that guy.

But who cares, wear whatever you like, just don't be surprised if you take flack from other riders in group rides if you choose white shorts.

-Dave

Reactions: jpr95
White is good; however, it usually isn't that great near genitalia, arousal appendages, sweaty places, or... that's about it.

I have a white jersey and I've gotten a nice sum of compliments. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif ...I don't own any white shorts though.

I just looked at mine to see and I had forgotten that mine is white with black on the backside and has a greyish design on the front. Probably strategically put it there for this very reason. I sweat a heep when cycling and I have never had an issue with seeing though the other areas.Guess my rear and front are covered though.

let me retract my previous statement and elaberate......I can see plain white/all white bibs could be an issue. :)