Is Wiggle OK for delivering the goods

Maud

Guest
Hi All

I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?

Anyone had any problems ?

Many thanks

Maud

Maud wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
>ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
>them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
>the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
>Anyone had any problems ?

It depends on who Wiggle get to deliver the stuff. Now the Christmas
rush is over the couriers and Royal Mail should get things to you
pretty sharpish but it's what happens if you aren't in and where you
have to go to get the stuff that is the nub of the problem.

Maud wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?

Wiggle usually aren't the cheapest, but they are very good at delivering, in
my experience.

;; This email may contain confidential or otherwise privileged
;; information, though, quite frankly, if you're not the intended
;; recipient and you've got nothing better to do than read other
;; folks' emails then I'm glad to have brightened up your sad little
;; life a tiny bit.

On 27/12/2007 19:55, Maud said,

> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?

The problem is that you don't know whether they will use CityLink or
Royal Mail to post stuff. If you're happy with CityLink (i.e. you can
guarantee someone will be in to sign for it) then there is no problem.
If you're not in to sign, and you don't have a local depot, then you're
stuffed!

FWIW, wiggle aren't necessarily the cheapest - I often use
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ Service is excellent, prices are
good and you know how it's going to arrive.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Maud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maud

In the last 5 years I have bought regularly from Wiggle, on line, and I have
never had a bad experience! There have been minor hiccups but always resolved
easily!

I have no commercial connection with Wiggle, just a satisfied customer!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

"Maud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?

Never had any problems with any of the many orders that I have placed with
Wiggel over the past three years. There was an unsubstantiated tale that
Wiggle was the source of some credit card fraud the took place after
customers of Wiggle had placed an order with them. The allegations were
difficult to prove or disprove but it did cause protracted debates on
several cycling forums. Wiggle refuted all allegations and took several
steps including the provision to pay by PayPal to offer a 'risk free'
purchasing experience.

Like another poster has suggested, Chain Reaction is worth a look as their
post free prices can sometimes beat those of Wiggle.

Maud wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and
> found them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something
> on here to the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?

I've used many online suppliers for bike bits, and Wiggle quite often. I
reckon Wiggle have the joint-best service in terms of speed and reliability,
along with Chain Reaction. Wiggle send the small items I order by Royal
Mail.

If you list the particular products you're considering, we may be able to
suggest alternative decent suppliers if they happen to be better on price or
choice.

~PB

Paul Boyd <[email protected]> writes:

> If you're not in to sign, and you don't have a local depot,
> then you're stuffed!

Exactly how I feel. With my cycle club discount I find local shop
prices good enough for many things that I'd rather not go through the
lottery of Wiggle delivery.

Jon

On Dec 27, 7:55�pm, "Maud" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. �I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. �Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maud

I can only speak as I find and Wiggle have been excellent with my
orders. I thoroughly recommend them.

vernon wrote:

> "Maud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
>> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and
>> found them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on
>> here to
>> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>>
>> Anyone had any problems ?
>>

> Never had any problems with any of the many orders that I have placed with
> Wiggel over the past three years. There was an unsubstantiated tale that
> Wiggle was the source of some credit card fraud the took place after
> customers of Wiggle had placed an order with them. The allegations were
> difficult to prove or disprove but it did cause protracted debates on
> several cycling forums. Wiggle refuted all allegations and took several
> steps including the provision to pay by PayPal to offer a 'risk free'
> purchasing experience.
>
> Like another poster has suggested, Chain Reaction is worth a look as their
> post free prices can sometimes beat those of Wiggle.

Or Parker International (http://www.parker-international.co.uk/, /NOT/
http://www.parkerinternational.co.uk/). They do charge P&P, but for many
items their prices are so much lower than Wiggle's that it's worth it. Or
the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op (http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/). Chain
Reaction are mainly (not exclusively) mountain bike stuff, Parkers are
mainly (not exclusively) road bike; Edinburgh Bicycle do it all.

This is not to say that Wiggle aren't good and reliable. In my experience
they are. And they seem to understand online retailing better than anyone
else in the bicycle business.

to err is human, to lisp divine
;; attributed to Kim Philby, oddly enough.

I've used Wiggle a lot over the years and not had problems apart from one
minor one sorted quickly and fairly. Indeed for 99.99% of the time I'd say
they are very, very good. I have no hesitation using Wiggle and continue to
use the company (as well as some others).

On 28 Dec, 10:02, "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
> I've used Wiggle a lot over the years and not had problems apart from one
> minor one sorted quickly and fairly. Indeed for 99.99% of the time I'd say
> they are very, very good. I have no hesitation using Wiggle and continue to
> use the company (as well as some others).

Um, choosing my words carefully, there have been issues with card
cloning after people have used certain online cycle goods retailers...

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, spindrift <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 28 Dec, 10:02, "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've used Wiggle a lot over the years and not had problems apart from one
> > minor one sorted quickly and fairly. Indeed for 99.99% of the time I'd say
> > they are very, very good. I have no hesitation using Wiggle and continue to
> > use the company (as well as some others).

> Um, choosing my words carefully, there have been issues with card
> cloning after people have used certain online cycle goods retailers...

Yeah. And sometimes _before_ as well. That proves it, dunnit.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

"spindrift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
On 28 Dec, 10:02, "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
>> I've used Wiggle a lot over the years and not had problems apart from one
>> minor one sorted quickly and fairly. Indeed for 99.99% of the time I'd
>> say
>> they are very, very good. I have no hesitation using Wiggle and continue
>> use the company (as well as some others).

>Um, choosing my words carefully, there have been issues with card
>cloning after people have used certain online cycle goods retailers...

*Alledgedly* and never proved and with cards used elsewhere and before the
card was used at Wiggle... it all smelled a bit of overhype IIRC.

No problems with Wiggle for me either (but there is usually someone in
to take deliveries). Refunds have been trouble free too.
As others have said, chainreaction are good too, and frequently less
expensive.

spindrift wrote:

> On 28 Dec, 10:02, "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
>> I've used Wiggle a lot over the years and not had problems apart from one
>> minor one sorted quickly and fairly. Indeed for 99.99% of the time I'd
>> say they are very, very good. I have no hesitation using Wiggle and
>> continue to use the company (as well as some others).

> Um, choosing my words carefully, there have been issues with card
> cloning after people have used certain online cycle goods retailers...

Wiggle now accept PayPal.

For office use only. Please do not write or type below this line.

"Maud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maud

Had a delivery just before Christmas with no problems. Ordered some items
yesterday and received an email, on the same day, to say 'processed and
ready for dispatch'.

John

Maud wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle. I have dealt with them in the past and
> found them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something
> on here to the contrary going back a bit. Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maud

No problems here. Make sure you select free delivery on the check-out page.
They say it takes longer, but it doesn't. Sometimes you get wine gums. I
think it's when an item is not in stock.
--

Martin Bulmer

Another good one is ProBikeKit. Items ordered yesterday, free delivery,
arrived this morning. This is the usual standard I get from PBK.

On Dec 27 2007, 7:55 pm, "Maud" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am needing a few bits and pieces for the bike, and was considering
> ordering online from Wiggle.  I have dealt with them in the past and found
> them to be fine ~ but a friend's said there had been something on here to
> the contrary going back a bit.  Is there any truth in it?
>
> Anyone had any problems ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Maud

I have used wiggle a lot for all sorts of stuff. Everything has always
arrived promptly and if there has been a problem with stuff they have
resolved it quickly.

I have just used totalcyclings on line shop and was amazed that the
item arrived the following day b y express post!!

Vic
www.stratfordbikehire.com