Is

NegrosP

Oct 25, 2004
Guys, i got a question....

I started bike riding 2 weeks ago, i have sit on my bike 4 times and i ride
40 km/h for like 50 km. I want to push the gass more to 45 km/h but my parents, say it is bad for your body to go that fast while i don't have riden more then 230 km at my age *(i am 16). But i know and want to go faster, is it really bad for you body?

NegrosP said:
Guys, i got a question....

I started bike riding 2 weeks ago, i have sit on my bike 4 times and i ride
40 km/h for like 50 km. I want to push the gass more to 45 km/h but my parents, say it is bad for your body to go that fast while i don't have riden more then 230 km at my age *(i am 16). But i know and want to go faster, is it really bad for you body?
It most certainly is not. I'm 18. I train with my team 5 days a week and we ride between 25 and 40 mph for 30-80 miles. We train hard and it is hard on our bodies. But we take care of our nutrition and make sure ot get plenty of rest. Your body will adapt to the stress of increased training. Just make sure that you are careful to understand the line between being sore and tired and hurting. It is good to be sore and tired, but is bad to hurt. Train hard, rest hard.

Oke, when i go cycling sometimes it hurts for 10 min, very much then i speed up, and i start liking the feeling is this normal?

NegrosP said:
Oke, when i go cycling sometimes it hurts for 10 min, very much then i speed up, and i start liking the feeling is this normal?
tell me that you spend about 15 minutes of easy riding to warm up?

it would be good to build more of an aerobic base, about 2,000kms, before you do such high intensity riding. but, i don't think it would hurt you to continue what you are doing now.