ISIS BB Sizing - Trek 1.5

WhyteFox

Oct 4, 2009
Hello

Can anybody help me with the sizings of ISIS BBs?

I have a Trek 1.5 2009 model and despite the tapered BB and FSA Vero cranks I'm more than happy.

So I tootled off to Chain Reaction and bought the FSA SLK Carbon Chainset:

FSA SLK Carbon Chainset ISIS | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Now I need to find a decent ISIS BB...but road BBs don't seem to be as straight forward as MTB BBs.

Does anyone know what size BB I need? I have a feeling it's 68mm by 108mm but need confirmation!

Cheers!

WhyteFox said:
Does anyone know what size BB I need? I have a feeling it's 68mm by 108mm but need confirmation!
Either 108mm or 113mm ISIS BB spindle will work with a double crankset on a road bike frame that typically uses a crank with a (now-standard) 150mm Q-factor.

The ISIS BBs that I have/use with my road doubles are 113mm because they were more readily available at the moment in time AND the 2.5mmm wider-on-each-side crank is inconsequential to me.

On a frame which has a 135mm rear spacing, I use a 118mm ISIS with the double to allow the crank arms to clear the stays.

WhyteFox said:
Hello

Can anybody help me with the sizings of ISIS BBs?

I have a Trek 1.5 2009 model and despite the tapered BB and FSA Vero cranks I'm more than happy.

So I tootled off to Chain Reaction and bought the FSA SLK Carbon Chainset:

FSA SLK Carbon Chainset ISIS | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Now I need to find a decent ISIS BB...but road BBs don't seem to be as straight forward as MTB BBs.

Cheers!

Yes an english threaded, 68mm(BB shell width) by 108mm ISIS BB for this crank. Get a couple as these are leaving the market pretty quickly.