ISIS w/ External Bearings for replacement?

On 2007-10-23, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've got a set of Raceface Turbines with an ISIS bb that's churning
> its way to oblivion. Does anyone make an external bb that works with
> these cranks? I found this:
>
> http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/bottombrackets/howitzer/team.php
>
> but I think it only works with new versions of ISIS splined cranks.

The manual says "Compatible only with Howitzer system crankarms". Even
if a standard ISIS crank fits on the spindle, the chainline will be off
and the tread will be noticeably wider.

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got a set of Raceface Turbines with an ISIS bb that's churning
> its way to oblivion. Does anyone make an external bb that works with
> these cranks? I found this:
>
> http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/bottombrackets/howitzer/team.php
>
> but I think it only works with new versions of ISIS splined cranks.
>
> TIA.

Try these out
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=model&Category=173&Brand=571&type=T

Working well so far on the MTB under wet and muddy use.

On Oct 23, 10:58 am, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've got a set of Raceface Turbines with an ISIS bb that's churning
> its way to oblivion. Does anyone make an external bb that works with
> these cranks? I found this:
>
> http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/bottombrackets/howitzer/team.php
>
> but I think it only works with new versions of ISIS splined cranks.
>
> TIA.
>
> Scott

ISIS and external BB , 2 piece systems are not intercompatible. Get
some spare ISIS BBs or new crank.

On Oct 23, 2:38 pm, Steve Gravrock <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2007-10-23, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I've got a set of Raceface Turbines with an ISIS bb that's churning
> > its way to oblivion. Does anyone make an external bb that works with
> > these cranks? I found this:

> >http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/bottombrackets/howitzer/team.php

> > but I think it only works with new versions of ISIS splined cranks.

> The manual says "Compatible only with Howitzer system crankarms". Even
> if a standard ISIS crank fits on the spindle, the chainline will be off
> and the tread will be noticeably wider.

Yeah, I thought about that. I guess the interface point on newer
versions of the external ISIS cranks are much narrower?

/s