Islamic Extremists To Target France

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Not that I'm seeking to blow my own trumpet but have I or have I not been proven right? Months ago I said France would be attacked by militant Islamicists and, although the attacks haven't taken place yet, there has been a specific threat and France is worried:
"PARIS - Deputy al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has urged a militant Algerian Islamist group to punish “Crusader nation” France, even though it vehemently opposed the U.S.-led war in Iraq, a newspaper said on Thursday."
http://superfrenchie.com/?p=955
France is probably being targeted because it placed a ban on burkhas and Islamic dress in its schools:
"A ban of the traditional Muslim headscarf in secular state schools, close French intelligence links with its former North African colonies combating Islamist extremists, and its role in NATO operations in Afghanistan against the Taliban militia, have secured France’s status as a “Crusader nation”, experts say."
So, in conclusion, I stand by my original argument that it doesn't really matter how open European countries may be on the immigration issue, it will win them no real immunity.
China has strict laws on organized religion within its borders and rigidly controls immigration. China has neither been attacked, nor threatened to date. China offers Islamic extremists no base of footing within its country to stir up trouble.
Surely, there is something to be learned from China's position. give its economic stability is booming, stable and secure?

Carrera said:
Not that I'm seeking to blow my own ......

I stand by my original argument that it doesn't really matter how open European countries may be on the immigration issue, it will win them no real immunity.?
China cannot be used as an example. It has no interaction with the Islamic communities.

Carrera said:
Not that I'm seeking to blow my own trumpet but have I or have I not been proven right? ...
I don't think you get it. France never claimed to be immune from islamic terrorists. This has also nothing to do with immigration or headscarfs... France simply has a long colonial history in North-Africa and had to deal with islamic terrorism for decades already. And since they haven't been hit in about 10 years they seem to be effective...

This really started already in 1992 when the islamic party FIS won the elections in Algeria but were denied the victory by the Algerian military and government, backed by France. In the mid-nineties some attacks took place in Paris, with few casualties as result.

Let's also not forget that France is still an ally of the US and is supportive of Israel to a large extent.

As stated above, China never colonised or interfered with islamic countries as indeed France, Uk and US have done.

This is my point. Colonialism got nobody anywhere. Colonialism proved to be the undoing of the Roman Empire - all the meddling and forming of colonies finally led to mass immigration from the colonies into Rome, which led to Romans and Italians becoming a minority (even in the army).
The same thing is happening in Britain and France. They meddled in the Islamic World and now they're in it up to their necks, with the U.S. also digging for itself a hole by meddling in Iraq.
So, my point is, look at China: The economy is booming and there are millions of Chinese they can employ in urban areas. China has no interest in multiculturalism or this bizarre idea of merging western democracy and the Islamic World - which, as I predicted years ago, isn't working out.
Another big point about China: The Chinese would not tolerate, fund or encourage Islamic centres, mosques, and radical religious periodicals to flourish in Bejing or any other part of China. They simply don't allow Islam in any form as, the truth is, they've seen clearly where this has taken Europe and the U.K.
Mark my words: China will be the next global superpower within a decade. Neither will they make the mistake of excessive tolerance over religion which is why China will be a secure economic environment to invest in.
The proof in the pudding is the Chinese are now taking over British car industries which have fallen flat over here as Blair has pumped billions of dollars into his fake war in Iraq.

Jupiler said:
I don't think you get it. France never claimed to be immune from islamic terrorists. This has also nothing to do with immigration or headscarfs... France simply has a long colonial history in North-Africa and had to deal with islamic terrorism for decades already. And since they haven't been hit in about 10 years they seem to be effective...

This really started already in 1992 when the islamic party FIS won the elections in Algeria but were denied the victory by the Algerian military and government, backed by France. In the mid-nineties some attacks took place in Paris, with few casualties as result.

Let's also not forget that France is still an ally of the US and is supportive of Israel to a large extent.

As stated above, China never colonised or interfered with islamic countries as indeed France, Uk and US have done.

It may seem I have an axe to grind against Islam and partly that's true. It's true in as much as there are people out there who want to impose Islam on Europe - check out the placards and demonstration slogans if you doubt me.
Having said that, my real gripe is with religion as whole and Islam just happens to be the belief system that's spreading the most in Europe. At other times it was Orthodox Judaism or Christianity. Islam is probably no better or worse than those others. Each faith believes in a dictatorial, monotheistic creed which condemns unbelievers to Hellfire and brimstone.
As for Mike Mentzer, check out his slogan below. Most religion is imposed on people without them ever making a personal choice. You're simply born either a moslem, Catholic or Anglican according to what family and society deems best.