Isle of Wight camping

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve Watkin, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Anyone recommend a tent camp site at the southern end of route 22 in the centre of IOW. I am hoping
    to spend a week later in the year touring on my trike and I'm trying to find a reasonably central
    spot to camp.

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Steve Watkin wrote:
    > Anyone recommend a tent camp site at the southern end of route 22 in the centre of IOW. I am
    > hoping to spend a week later in the year touring on my trike and I'm trying to find a reasonably
    > central spot to camp.

    Hi I Live on the IW... route 22 means nothing to me though:-( I asume you are looking for somewhere
    in the Newport area.However most camp sites afaik tend to be on the coast or nearby. I can though
    recommend the campsite at Adgestone ( between Alverstone and Brading). Rural setting and a swimming
    pool. Beaper Farm between Ryde & Brading is also OK from what I've heard. I haven't yet picked up a
    copy of the 2003 tourist guide so I can't give you further details. I'm sure a "google" will give
    more info.

    HTH Jan

    ---

  3. Wainwright

    Wainwright Guest

    You could try the Isle of Wight newsgroup ... but be prepared for some silly arguments. Remember the
    Tea and Scones one the other day Jan.. what a bunch of sad losers some of them are. Nice to see you
    get around a couple of other groups too!!

    Wainwright.

    Drop Dead if you want to reply personally..

  4. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Wainwright wrote:
    > You could try the Isle of Wight newsgroup ... but be prepared for some silly arguments. Remember
    > the Tea and Scones one the other day Jan.. what a bunch of sad losers some of them are.

    Thats why I don't post there very often !!! And in the case of the Scones... just couldn't
    resist it!

    > Nice to see you get around a couple of other groups too!!

    Yep this group and a few travel newsgroups.

    Jan

    ---

  5. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Thanks Jan.

    The route 22 is shown on my new OS map as running north to south from Cowes through Newport and
    ending near Merstone. It runs down the west side of the Medina.

    Regards SW

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Steve Watkin wrote:
    > Thanks Jan.
    >
    > The route 22 is shown on my new OS map as running north to south from Cowes through Newport and
    > ending near Merstone. It runs down the west side of the Medina.
    >
    > Regards SW

    You could phone Geoff Smith at the Bike Shed. He's very knowledgeble and the "shop" is based at
    Perreton Farm. Merstone, so he'll know if there's any suitable camp sites around that area. The
    phone number is 01983 868786

    Jan

    ---