Isn't Bike Gear getting too expensive?

JTE83 said:
Vadiver --

companies like you just encourage people like me to "screw the system." If you deny people jobs who are capable of the job (like my excellent college degree and 4.5 years of experience) then I will definitely screw the system and apply for public housing, welfare, food stamps, etc. You screw more desperate people into being shop lifters, theives, burglurs, or drug dealers - none of which I have done yet.
It is not my company. You will find the same problems with most defense contractors, finantial institutions etc.

There is nothing stoping you from getting a job. You are just not getting the jobs you want. That does not give anyone the right to scam the system. Getting caught scamming the system with nail your coffin.

The felony is stoping you from getting many jobs and particularly high paying jobs.

Before you start criticizing these companies stop and think a moment. The type of work we do, as I mentioned above, would have the potential to put you in direct contact with individuals in their homes. With that said. What would you do if we sent someign into your parents home and they assulted them? Then to boot you found out that person had a felony rap for assulting a senior citizen.

That is why we cannot hire you.

JTE83 said:
<snip>
Whine? I guess if you happened to get a felony for possession of pot just enjoying a New Years, then no one would hire you with your hard earned Phd, and you were denounced to working Walmart jobs - I guess you would be a tough guy and not whine? Life would suck major but you're a tough guy, right? Like the value of your hard earned Phd meant nothing, and that's perfectly ok with you?.
It is called accepting responsibility for your actions. I have worked very hard to get where I am. I try really hard not to commit felonies, because as you have found, they really screw you.

Where I live a felony possesion of pot would be very serious. Possetion of a small amount (personal use) is a misdemenor.

JTE83 said:
Excellent college degree means nothing? Isn't a Harvard lawyer worth more than a lawyer from the University of Mohawk, Mississippi? And then proclaim that to a lot of students that try hard for admission to the excellent colleges - that it's not worth it? I've run into employers that cared about the college I went to and some that didn't - so it matters to a degree.
I only care about where the person went to school in relation to where they grew up. If I had two applicants from Boston applying for a job the one who went to the University of Mohawk would have the edge going into the interview over the person from Harvard.

I also do not care about their GPA. I am more interested in how well they can think moreso than they can regurgitate.

JTE83 said:
I've accepted my hardship from my felony. I spread my wings wide and will do well paid temp jobs from the Midwest to East Coast. Why work a $6.50 an hr Walmart job FT when a good 3 month high paid temp job is equivalent to a year's worth of FT Walmart work? Half the recruiters check for a felony and half don't care, so my situation isn't so bad but it just takes longer to get a job. And that my financial future is uncertain, except for SSDI.

Going to church every Sunday means a lot of **** to me. It's a mortal sin not too. So go to Hell if you want to miss mass every Sunday - you will.
You do not get it. Talk to your Priest about your situation with SSDI. If you really do not think you are doing anything wrong explain what you do with the money to the SSA.

JTE83 said:
I have no problems whining about the price of SRAM Force shifters.

I would definitely have no qualms about "screwing the system" if 100% of employers rejected me because of my felony. Given no option to earn an honest living, I would have no choice. That's what idealistic companies like who Vadiver works for put felons through. But I don't have to do that because I still can find a job although it's harder.
Because SRAM is actually trying to earn a profit?

Since not 100% of the employers reject you what is your excuse? Can you get a job with the City of Chicago with your Felony? State of IL? Federal Gov? That is a lot of people out there.

Do not blame the companies that will not hire you as a result of your felony. Accept your responsibility. Companies like who I work for do not buy the bikes with the access cash you earn but cannot save because it is outside the limits of SSDI. You could always return it, or even donate it to your parrish. (ask your Priest if they would accept that money)