isnt it funny...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael Pitt, May 23, 2003.

  1. Michael Pitt

    Michael Pitt Guest

    isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....

    Tags:

  2. On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:04:56 +0200, Michael Pitt wrote:
    >isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....

    Goes to show that doping has very little net result on races.

  3. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Ewoud Dronkert
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:04:56 +0200, Michael Pitt wrote:
    > >isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....
    >
    > Goes to show that doping has very little net result on races.

    Goes to show the doping Simoni did was meaningless for his performance and Garzelli's was from
    tainted chicken of a drug that really is meaningless.

    -WG

  4. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    I think it is fricken hilarious.......

  5. warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<230520030714409547%[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Ewoud Dronkert
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:04:56 +0200, Michael Pitt wrote:
    > > >isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....
    > >
    > > Goes to show that doping has very little net result on races.
    >
    > Goes to show the doping Simoni did was meaningless for his performance and Garzelli's was from
    > tainted chicken of a drug that really is meaningless.
    >
    > -WG

    Actually, it doesn't 'go to show' anything. You don't know if they were doping then. You don't know
    if they are doping now. Nor do you know the doping habits of their competition.

    Why does everyone in cycling think they can ferret out who is doping, when they are doping, and
    whether it works or not, when nobody knows what anyone is actually doing?

    -RJ

  6. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Michael Pitt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....

    In fact Simoni was never punished. His team convinced him to withdraw. Later, he was acquitted from
    any doping charge.

  7. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Michael Pitt" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....
    >
    > In fact Simoni was never punished. His team convinced him to withdraw. Later, he was acquitted
    > from any doping charge.

    I think that you may be correct, he actually overdosed on Padan food!

    Hawke

  8. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....

    Even better: look at the top10: Simoni, Garzelli, Rumsas, Casagrande, Pantani (i'm not sure about
    totschnig)

  9. Michael Pitt

    Michael Pitt Guest

    "Kenny" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > > isn´t it funny that both leaders in giro were punished for doping are leading again....
    >
    > Even better: look at the top10: Simoni, Garzelli, Rumsas, Casagrande, Pantani (i'm not sure about
    > totschnig)

    you´re so right.... i´m afraid trouble started really when Indurain retired...

  10. "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Actually, it doesn't 'go to show' anything. You don't know if they were doping then. You don't
    > know if they are doping now. Nor do you know the doping habits of their competition.

    Renaldo Jeremiah is correct.