ISO: Battered or breaded Sweet Potato Fries

Thomas Shunick

Guest
Have had them at several different restaurant, but they always say that they buy them from a
supplier. Anyone have a recipe or idea where I can purchase them. Thanks.

Thomas Shunick wrote:
> Have had them at several different restaurant, but they always say that they buy them from a
> supplier. Anyone have a recipe or idea where I can purchase them. Thanks.

Never had them battered or breaded. Take 2-3 large sweet potatoes and use a mandoline or food
processor to cut them into julienne sticks. Rinse them then pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry in
400F vegetable oil until crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.

Jill

I don't know about battered or breaded ones but roasted sweet potato fries
are a new favorite of mine. This isn't so much a recipe as a "suggestion":

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees w/ baking sheet inside.
2) Cut the sweet potato in quarters lengthwise. Then cut each quarter in 2 or 3 pieces lengthwise,
depending on size of potato.
3) Mix them up in a bowl with some olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
4) Take the baking sheet out of the oven and brush some olive oil over the surface and then put the
fries on the sheet. Make sure they're spread out and laying on one side.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes and then turn them to the other side and cook for another 15-20 minutes.

They're great on their own but I personally like them with a chipotle ketchup or sauce.

lj

"Thomas Shunick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have had them at several different restaurant, but they always say that they buy them from a
> supplier. Anyone have a recipe or idea where I can purchase them. Thanks.

>From: Thomas Shunick

>Have had them at several different restaurant, but they always say that they buy them from a
>supplier. Anyone have a recipe or idea where I can purchase them. Thanks.

One of my favorite vegies served Tempura style in Japanese restaurants are sweet potatoes. This
recipe may help.

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/japanese/00/rec0090.html

Ellen

"lj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't know about battered or breaded ones but roasted sweet potato fries are a new favorite of
> mine. This isn't so much a recipe as a
"suggestion":

> 1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees w/ baking sheet inside.
> 2) Cut the sweet potato in quarters lengthwise. Then cut each quarter in
2
> or 3 pieces lengthwise, depending on size of potato.
> 3) Mix them up in a bowl with some olive oil, salt & pepper to taste.
> 4) Take the baking sheet out of the oven and brush some olive oil over the surface and then put
> the fries on the sheet. Make sure they're spread out and laying on one side.
> 5) Bake for 15-20 minutes and then turn them to the other side and cook
for
> another 15-20 minutes.
>
> They're great on their own but I personally like them with a chipotle ketchup or sauce.

Great recommendation, I do this all the time. They are also great cut in cubes, a little olive oil
and some herbs and roasted. I used to make regular potato fries this way but tried sweet potatoes a
while back, now that's all I use!

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Thomas Shunick wrote:
> > Have had them at several different restaurant, but they always say that they buy them from a
> > supplier. Anyone have a recipe or idea where I can purchase them. Thanks.
>
> Never had them battered or breaded. Take 2-3 large sweet potatoes and use a mandoline or food
> processor to cut them into julienne sticks. Rinse them then pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry in
> 400F vegetable oil until crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve hot.
>
> Jill

Not fries, but find a recipe for tempura. Dip thin slices of sweet potato in the batter and
deep fry them.

-bwg

news:[email protected]... <snip>
> Take 2-3 large sweet potatoes and use a mandoline or
> food processor to cut them into julienne sticks. Rinse
> them then pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry in 400F
> vegetable oil until crispy. Sprinkle with salt and
> pepper and serve hot.
>
> Jill

Fry them exactly the way described above by Jill, then
sprinkle with sugar and serve hot. Sweet, savoury and crispy
- addictive stuff.

Angela