"Israel must be wiped out" What gives?

Cannibal2

Oct 12, 2005
Little wonder there can be no peace in the Middle East with comments like this....

"During a meeting with protesting students at Iran's Interior Ministry, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Ayatollah Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

Events in Iraq caused Iran to elect a more extremist leader.
The other side of the coin we need to consider is the images of Lyndie England and other military personnel humiliating Iraqis (across the border from Iran) and the statistics of those killed in the conflict. That is, all these events add together to fuel extremism in moslem countries. We are now seeing that.
As bad as those Iranian comments are, we shouldn't be surprised Iran has now taken such an anti-western stance.
Another point is what Iran threatens at a student meeting and what Iran will actually do are two different kettles of fish. I recall Ronald Regan making threats about wiping the USSR off the map but, politically speaking, he couldn't so it without retaliation.
As one or two of us predicted, Blair is using all of this to further his own aims as Bush's errand boy. Blair already knows Iran will be targeted and we are now seeing the propaganda campaign to convince us all Iran will blast us all to kingdom come with rockets.
We've been here before and we should know better than to be fooled. I don't think Iran would ever attack Israel.

Cannibal2 said:
Little wonder there can be no peace in the Middle East with comments like this....

"During a meeting with protesting students at Iran's Interior Ministry, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Ayatollah Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

Carrera said:
Events in Iraq caused Iran to elect a more extremist leader.
The other side of the coin we need to consider is the images of Lyndie England and other military personnel humiliating Iraqis (across the border from Iran) and the statistics of those killed in the conflict. That is, all these events add

Naw, we don't need to go that far. The Israeli cabinet have been calling for genocide of Arabs for many years now. Cannibal2 is quite right to draw attention to that kind of nonsense, because it is stupid, but if he/she/it had a shred of decency and integrity they would offer a few choice quotes from Knessett.

That "president" of iran is a total imbecile or something. Where is his presidential etiquette? No self respecting human being would ever say something like that about another country or it's people.

Even more of a reason for Iran not to get nukes, at least not until a normal leader comes into power. Well I sure hope the Israelis will not step up to the demands of the islamic world next time, as this is what they get every time they do something to keep the peace on their little piece of land which arabs surely don't need. :)

Various peoples and/or governments and/or religions have been trying or wanting to wipe out Israel for millenia.

Nothing new here...move along. :rolleyes:

israel has been spiraling out of control with retaliatory attacks in an ever escalating spiral of violence without ever stopping to consider it's part towards true diplomacy, un ruling adherence, and recognition of human rights.

i fear the us is moving closer and closer to this conundrum, the more the us demonizes,invades, occupies and retaliates the more the outright cause for opponents to be created and incited is fostered.

as for this anti israeli iranian government wording, of course it is a shockingly low blow against any progress towards peace.

but no more so than bush rhetoric toward the "axis of evil" and all the thinly veiled threats dished out by him & his.

Wurm said:
Various peoples and/or governments and/or religions have been trying or wanting to wipe out Israel for millenia.

Nothing new here...move along. :rolleyes:

As long as there is a anti-Arab junta in place like the Neo Con one we have now in the US, there is no chance of peace between Palestine & Israel.

Wurm said:
As long as there is a anti-Arab junta in place like the Neo Con one we have now in the US, there is no chance of peace between Palestine & Israel.
Yep and as long as Arabs keep blowing up Israelis there will be no peace

Bikerman2005 said:
Yep and as long as Arabs keep blowing up Israelis there will be no peace

Bikerman2005,

You have the same signature as Bikerman2004.

Curious.

And you only joined on the 27th October.

Very curious.

limerickman said:
Bikerman2005,

You have the same signature as Bikerman2004.

Curious.

And you only joined on the 27th October.

Very curious.
You show up in a thread titled ""Israel must be wiped out" with a "free palestine" signature...curious, very curious

Bikerman2005 said:
You show up in a thread titled ""Israel must be wiped out" with a "free palestine" signature...curious, very curious

As you're a new member here - you did only join here yesterday after all - you need to be made aware that members are permitted to include a signature on their user profile.

The user profile signature pertains to all posts made on all threads throughout the site.

limerickman said:
As you're a new member here - you did only join here yesterday after all - you need to be made aware that members are permitted to include a signature on their user profile.

The user profile signature pertains to all posts made on all threads throughout the site.
Hey, thanks for the info but you must admit it is ironic...Wouldn't you agree?

Bikerman2005 said:
Hey, thanks for the info

You are welcome.
I wouldn't want you to start off on the wrong footing now, would I ?

Bikerman2005 said:
but you must admit it is ironic...Wouldn't you agree?

As explained to you earlier - user profile signatures accompany all messages posted by each member, regardless of the thread subject.
So it's not ironic, in fact.

What I do find ironic is that you - as a new member - have chosen to register with a very closely aligned name to an existing member and you have chosen to use the same wording in your signature as that existing member.
That is ironic.

What I find wasteful and redundant is registering yet another username for no good reason, with only one character being different than the previous moniker. That would be like me re-registering as "Worm" or "Wurd". :rolleyes:

Maybe bikerman[insert model year here] should re-register as "Flappy Flapkins2"? Or in 6 weeks, are we going to have a "bikerman2006"?

limerickman said:
You are welcome.
I wouldn't want you to start off on the wrong footing now, would I ?

As explained to you earlier - user profile signatures accompany all messages posted by each member, regardless of the thread subject.
So it's not ironic, in fact.

What I do find ironic is that you - as a new member - have chosen to register with a very closely aligned name to an existing member and you have chosen to use the same wording in your signature as that existing member.
That is ironic.
No more Ironic than you making that observation. Are you the “username” police or something? Do you harass all new members in this fashion? You just joined in January 2004. In my opinion, you are somewhat of a “new member” yourself although you have 6 million posts to your credit….

Bikerman2005 said:
No more Ironic than you making that observation. Are you the “username” police or something? Do you harass all new members in this fashion? You just joined in January 2004. In my opinion, you are somewhat of a “new member” yourself although you have 6 million posts to your credit….
As explained to me when I first joined, that is his job although he told me he doesn't get paid. He sticks around to keep an eye on things. He is also cycling fan. He did the same thing to me...I found the tactic rather intrusive but I suppose he is just doing his job?

Cannibal2 said:
As explained to me when I first joined, that is his job although he told me he doesn't get paid. He sticks around to keep an eye on things. He is also cycling fan. He did the same thing to me...I found the tactic rather intrusive but I suppose he is just doing his job?
Some "welcome wagon" he is....:confused: :confused:

Bikerman2005 said:
Are you the “username” police or something?

I noted the username that you have and your date of joining us here.
I noted the fact that your name and your user signature is that same as an existing member.

Bikerman2005 said:
You just joined in January 2004. In my opinion, you are somewhat of a “new member” yourself although you have 6 million posts to your credit

Not as new as somone who joined yesterday, though.

Melanie Phillips of the Daily Mail reproduces the full text of Ahmadinejad’s speech. Here it is:

"We are in the process of an historical war between the World of Arrogance [i.e. the West] and the Islamic world, and this war has been going on for hundreds of years. In this historical war, the situation at the fronts has changed many times. During some periods, the Muslims were the victors and were very active, and looked forward, and the World of Arrogance was in retreat. Unfortunately, in the past 300 years, the Islamic world has been in retreat vis-à-vis the World of Arrogance...
During the period of the last 100 years, the [walls of the] world of Islam were destroyed and the World of Arrogance turned the regime occupying Jerusalem into a bridge for its dominance over the Islamic world...

This occupying country is in fact a front of the World of Arrogance in the heart of the Islamic world. They have in fact built a bastion from which they can expand their rule to the entire Islamic world... This means that the current war in Palestine is the front line of the Islamic world against the World of Arrogance, and will determine the fate of Palestine for centuries to come.

Today the Palestinian nation stands against the hegemonic system as the representative of the Islamic Ummah [nation]. Thanks to God, since the Palestinian people adopted the Islamic war and the Islamic goals, and since their struggle has become Islamic in its attitude and orientation, we have been witnessing the progress and success of the Palestinian people."

ALL the world becomes a little more evil when hate mongerers get first page news.....