Issue with reattatching my front wheel

ukrocky

Jun 26, 2012
Hey,

So I'm totally new here, but have been cycling for a little while now, and doing it more and more. I had to bring my back back from university, so detatched the front wheel. It's a 2nd hand bike, and the wheel was on a quick release system.

Went to put on my wheel today, and having never done it before have hit a bit of a snag. Before I describe the problem, it seems as though the front forks are too thin. Basically, when placing the wheel over, there's the black plastic that covers the tube where the skewer sits and is attatched to the wheel, then a small section of the skewer, and then on the oustide either the nut or quick release lever. I assume the wheel has to sit in the 'middle' section.

The issue is that if one side of the fork is lined up with this middle section, the other side is lined up with the black plastic which is much too large to fit inside the fork.

So basically, I have no idea what to do, or what's happened, but I can't get my tire back on!

Can u post a photo, I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is. Is it just that the QR nut needs tightening up a little (by rotating it) before the quick release lever is tightened?

Ok, managed to get some photos, the first two are the left hand side of the bike, and the second two are the right hand side when the left hand side is lined up;