Issues with BD Logic meter and E-3 errors

B

Bernard

Can you please let me know if you are using the BD Logic meter and are
having a lot of problems with:

1. A lot of E-3 errors. That is, at least 3 errors per vial of 25 strips.
2. Issues with accuracy. For example one test gives a reading of 150 and the next one (taken shortly
after) gives a reading of 90.

Thanks

Bernard

My daughter had the same problem. Called BD they replaced the meter and all of her strips. From what
I have been reading, the problem lies in the strips. Since the replacement she doesnt have E-3
errors anymore. Call them first, see if that will help.

Bernard. In this weeks FDA letter--BD is recalling "variuos " lots of strips. This due to E-3 error.
They will replace these strips. I would call the number listed on the back of the meter for further
information. Bob H

I have wasted several hundred BD strips, and this from a hand-picked batch of replacements they told
me were their best. They claim the meter is fine, and the problem is with the strips, but they can't
seem to fix the problem. I've requested a refund, and have been told that it will be sent.

This product does not belong on the market. They are not out of beta test yet, and neither BD nor
Medtronic/Minimed has any right selling a product that doesnt work 80% of the time and doesn't work
right the remaining 20%.

Randy

Bernard <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can you please let me know if you are using the BD Logic meter and are having a lot of
> problems with:

> 1. A lot of E-3 errors. That is, at least 3 errors per vial of 25 strips.
> 2. Issues with accuracy. For example one test gives a reading of 150 and the next one (taken
> shortly after) gives a reading of 90.

> Thanks

> Bernard

See the BD site: http://www.bd.com left hand column under news. They have a recall underway for
the strips.

"Randy Sigman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have wasted several hundred BD strips, and this from a hand-picked batch of replacements
> they told me were their best. They claim the meter is fine, and the problem is with the
> strips, but they can't seem to fix the problem. I've requested a refund, and have been told
> that it will be sent.
>
> This product does not belong on the market. They are not out of beta test yet, and neither BD nor
> Medtronic/Minimed has any right selling a product that doesnt work 80% of the time and doesn't
> work right the remaining 20%.
>
> Randy
>
>
> Bernard <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Can you please let me know if you are using the BD Logic meter and are having a lot of
> > problems with:
>
> > 1. A lot of E-3 errors. That is, at least 3 errors per vial of 25 strips.
> > 2. Issues with accuracy. For example one test gives a reading of 150 and the next one (taken
> > shortly after) gives a reading of 90.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Bernard

Irish <[email protected]> wrote:
> See the BD site: http://www.bd.com left hand column under news. They have a recall underway for
> the strips.

The problem with this is that it is too little too late. None of the strips furnished have worked as
they should, and the replacements are only marginally better. Furthermore, BD has put the onus upon
the consumer to request a replacement. This is a medical device. People's health is at risk when
this product provides erroneous readings. How can BD not see that? If my automobile had faulty
brakes, and the manufacturer knew it, but wanted to see if I would crash first before they would fix
the brakes, wouldn't that be against a bunch of laws, as well as ethics?

I don't see any way out of this for BD, and that really is too bad.

Randy

> "Randy Sigman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I have wasted several hundred BD strips, and this from a hand-picked batch of replacements
>> they told me were their best. They claim the meter is fine, and the problem is with the
>> strips, but they can't seem to fix the problem. I've requested a refund, and have been told
>> that it will be sent.
>>
>> This product does not belong on the market. They are not out of beta test yet, and neither BD nor
>> Medtronic/Minimed has any right selling a product that doesnt work 80% of the time and doesn't
>> work right the remaining 20%.
>>
>> Randy
>>
>>
>> Bernard <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Can you please let me know if you are using the BD Logic meter and are having a lot of problems
>> > with:
>>
>> > 1. A lot of E-3 errors. That is, at least 3 errors per vial of 25 strips.
>> > 2. Issues with accuracy. For example one test gives a reading of 150 and the next one (taken
>> > shortly after) gives a reading of 90.
>>
>> > Thanks
>>
>> > Bernard

I too have had many, many E-3 error messages. I am now on my 3rd meter and hand picked test strips
sent directly from BD. I have not seen any better results with their replacement strips. BD tells me
I am not getting enough blood or too much blood. I have spent out of my own pocket $299. to upgrade
to the 512 pump and meter and another $99. for software to communicate with the pump and meter. At
80¢ + - per strip I can not afford to continue as I have in the past 4 weeks. Has anyone received a
refund from minimed or BD?

I too have had many, many E-3 error messages. I am now on my 3rd meter and hand picked test strips
sent directly from BD. I have not seen any better results with their replacement strips. BD tells me
I am not getting enough blood or too much blood. I have spent out of my own pocket $299. to upgrade
to the 512 pump and meter and another $99. for software to communicate with the pump and meter. At
80¢ + - per strip I can not afford to continue as I have in the past 4 weeks. Has anyone received a
refund from minimed or BD?

trub <[email protected]> wrote: [snipped]
> Has anyone received a refund from minimed or BD?

Yes, I received a refund from Minimed for my out of pocket cost for the pump upgrade, and I'm
awaiting a refund for the strips from BD.

Neither was easy to obtain. In fact, until I went over his head, the

Ask to speak to supervisor's supervisors. If you get nowhere, let me know, and I will give you the
name of the person who ultimately helped me. I can't guarantee that they will help you too, as it
doesn't appear that it is company policy to stand behind defective product. :(

Randy