It clicked !!!!!

norry

Guest
Oh yes :)

First off thanks all for the advice you gave a couple of days ago. I've
ordered a new post as riding on my friends was a lot easier (it has a higher
post).

But on to the good stuff. After a really disappointing 30min lunch session
this afternoon I was getting a little fed. After getting tea etc. I thought
right I'm going to take my uni onto the streets and ride. I was only going
to do that after I was confident of not looking silly. To h**l with that,
besides it'll give the neighbours a laught anyway.

After about 25 mins (usual session length) I was still getting nowhere fast
(still v heavy on the seat) and then it suddenly clicked! I just got on and
rode about 100m without any wobble. I found I had been sitting too far back
on the seat before and just moving forward made all the difference. So to
check it wasn't a fluke I rode another, then another. By the forth time I
only stopped because I was so tired :) I laughed all the back to my starting
point, grinning ear to ear :) Even got a thumbs up from the neighbour on
that run! I also found my turning getting better as well as there was less
friction on the road.

So sorry for going on but I've got no one else to share this with, (I've txt
my work uni buddy) and I feel so good.

Oh and found out the sandwich man from work used to ride (he saw us and came
and had a go) and he said he will join us in the future!

Thanks again for the inspiration.

norry (going out again)

i wish i could unlearn unicycling and relearn it, just to get that same
feeling again...

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

tennisgh22 wrote:
> *i wish i could unlearn unicycling and relearn it, just to get that
> same feeling again...
> -grant *

It's not exactly the same, but just learn a new skill - and you'll get
that feeling. ;)

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown