It figures this was in Detroit...

Chavez

Jul 4, 2007
Detroit Radio Hosts Promote Violence Against Cyclists « LMB Headlines

In their radio show on Greater Media-owned 94.7 WCSX hosts Deminiski and Doyle said, “How many of us drivers are disgusted with how bicyclists take to the road. … I’m sorry, they’re jerks. I doubt very much that any cyclist would have the gumption to call us, but how many of them have seen a bicyclist and would just LOVE to lob something at their heads? … God forbid we try to get by them! The guy on the bike is doing 19 m.p.h., they won’t get over, … and it is just flat-out arrogance. … OH GOD, you just want to go Grand Theft Auto on them. … Just move over. That’s all I’m saying. … I don’t see why they are so arrogant. They are riding something which against your 4,000 pound vehicle could launch them like an acorn.”
The tirade against bicyclists goes on for nearly eight minutes. The audio clip is still on their website at: http://tinyurl.com/lffvvs. It is also archived on LMB’s Facebook page at: http://tinyurl.com/n4z6l6.

Pinheads.

It's not new. Radio guys have done it in California and Florida, if I dismember correctly. It's just another form of stupid.....er....shock radio. It's all about ratings. The really sad thing is that people listen to this kind of kack all over the country.

alienator said:
It's not new. Radio guys have done it in California and Florida, if I dismember correctly. It's just another form of stupid.....er....shock radio. It's all about ratings. The really sad thing is that people listen to this kind of kack all over the country.

lucky for you cyclists you have me on your side cause if there is one thing i can't honestly stand, it's a human disregarding another human and you fight fire with fire, don't you? yes. and when people give me sh!t when i'm riding it's their ass on the line when i catch 'em, not mine.

roadhouse said:
lucky for you cyclists you have me on your side cause if there is one thing i can't honestly stand, it's a human disregarding another human and you fight fire with fire, don't you? yes. and when people give me sh!t when i'm riding it's their ass on the line when i catch 'em, not mine.

No thanks. My team doesn't play like that: they're responsible human beings and not out to screw things up for other cyclists.

alienator said:
No thanks. My team doesn't play like that: they're responsible human beings and not out to screw things up for other cyclists.

responsibility didn't fit into that equation, i know. winning did though.

not too mention~who is responsible for letting that irresponsible and neglectful~radio play to be aired? and it doesn't't take a smartass of any kind to realize that regardless the radio play,those kinds of occurrences happen and all the time and screw if i'm on or off of a bike.

i've attempted that weak little theory, alienator, and i understand and appreciate it for what it is but that is all that it has turned out to be, a theory.

guess what, when i'm on the road i'm a fact.

roadhouse said:
not too mention~who is responsible for letting that irresponsible and neglectful~radio play to be aired? and it doesn't't take a smartass of any kind to realize that regardless the radio play,those kinds of occurrences happen and all the time and screw if i'm on or off of a bike.

i've attempted that weak little theory, alienator, and i understand and appreciate it for what it is but that is all that it has turned out to be, a theory.

guess what, when i'm on the road i'm a fact.

So do you think that whole tough guy image works for you?

As for the theory--and it's not a theory--it's something that works for magnitudes more cyclists than any testosterone tantrum you might throw.

...i'm a fact.

That gave me shivers. No, wait: it caused me spasms of laughter.

That's it. There's nothing more to say, as it appears you don't invest a lot of thought in what you say.

Goodbye.

Ay guys As a courier in my yunger day it was a war out there. People would cut me off and jump out of there cars and come toe to toe with me. I was told buy the company I road for that when this happened hear them out and say your sorry. I had one guy grab my bike and throw it on the sidewalk thats where you belong ass hole. Its road rage theyll kill yu.

i've had my fair share of incidents with ass munches on the road, been knocked completely off the road, yelled at and had numerous items tossed at me and all the while while regarding the normal and obvious rightful and normal rules of the road. it's when it has nothing to do with me at fault ( it never really does) that pisses me off beyond any and all recognizable form of gawdly control and i go irrate.

it's almost as if you're a target out there and there's no reason for it.