It finally happened-On Velonews.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...

Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
design run amok..

And the gent that reported and rode it talked about how 'smooth' the
aluminum rear end is(???)...and a propriatary headset, crank(?) great
ideas....I guess they don't remember Fisher, Merlin, Schwinn
propriatary, now non existant stuff....if it's new, it must be good,
right???

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
> rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
> titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...
>
> Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
> design run amok..
>
> And the gent that reported and rode it talked about how 'smooth' the
> aluminum rear end is(???)...and a propriatary headset, crank(?) great
> ideas....I guess they don't remember Fisher, Merlin, Schwinn
> propriatary, now non existant stuff....if it's new, it must be good,
> right???

"My own impressions
I found in my brief time on the new bike that there is a huge contrast
between the stiffness of the front end and the bottom bracket, and the
smooth ride the rear end provides. This seems to me, to be a
combination that any rider could appreciate, whether they are a paid
professional or a weekend warrior. "

Straight from the likes of Bicycling...

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> "My own impressions
> I found in my brief time on the new bike that there is a huge contrast
> between the stiffness of the front end and the bottom bracket, and the
> smooth ride the rear end provides. This seems to me, to be a
> combination that any rider could appreciate, whether they are a paid
> professional or a weekend warrior. "
>
> Straight from the likes of Bicycling...

Okay, Peter, we hear you. But have you ridden it ;-) ?

D'ohBoy

On 16 Jun 2006 06:06:59 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

[OP quoting an article]
>"My own impressions
>I found in my brief time on the new bike that there is a huge contrast
>between the stiffness of the front end and the bottom bracket, and the
>smooth ride the rear end provides. This seems to me, to be a
>combination that any rider could appreciate, whether they are a paid
>professional or a weekend warrior. "
>
>Straight from the likes of Bicycling...

ISTR hearing that in successive issues of that mag, two different
reviewers attributed diametrically opposite characteristics to
aluminum frames in general. I've always just assumed that their
writers don't understand the concept of "it's the design and the
execution, not the materials."
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

D'ohBoy wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
> > "My own impressions
> > I found in my brief time on the new bike that there is a huge contrast
> > between the stiffness of the front end and the bottom bracket, and the
> > smooth ride the rear end provides. This seems to me, to be a
> > combination that any rider could appreciate, whether they are a paid
> > professional or a weekend warrior. "
> >
> > Straight from the likes of Bicycling...

> Okay, Peter, we hear you. But have you ridden it ;-) ?

"You don't need to be a weatherman
to know which way the wind blows." - R. Zimmerman

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
> rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
> titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...
>
> Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
> design run amok..

Isaac have been offering a frame, the "force" like this for a couple of
years. The first time I saw one I had a good laugh.

Stan Cox

p.s. I have 3 bikes. One steel, one alu, one carbon... like to keep the
bases covered :)

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
> rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
> titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...
>
> Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
> design run amok..
>
> And the gent that reported and rode it talked about how 'smooth' the
> aluminum rear end is(???)...and a propriatary headset, crank(?) great
> ideas....I guess they don't remember Fisher, Merlin, Schwinn
> propriatary, now non existant stuff....if it's new, it must be good,
> right???

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. ;-)

From: [email protected]

>"You don't need to be a weatherman
>    to know which way the wind blows." -
>R. Zimmerman

I thought that was Dylan?

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Stan Cox wrote:

> p.s. I have 3 bikes. One steel, one alu, one carbon... like to keep the
> bases covered :)

You missed ti, mg, bamboo, scandium-alloyed aluminium, stainless, doug
fir, and pot metal (Huffy).

;-)

D'ohBoy, who has the fe, ti, and carbon bases covered.

Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:
> From: [email protected]
>
> >"You don't need to be a weatherman
> > to know which way the wind blows." -
> >R. Zimmerman

> I thought that was Dylan?
>
> - -

Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman. "Dylan" was a tribute to the poet
of the same name.

[email protected] wrote:
> Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:
> > From: [email protected]
> >
> > >"You don't need to be a weatherman
> > > to know which way the wind blows." -
> > >R. Zimmerman

> > I thought that was Dylan?
> >
> > - -

> Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman. "Dylan" was a tribute to the poet
> of the same name.

Well, that wasn't very clear.....meant "Dylan Thomas".

Stan Cox wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
> > rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
> > titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...
> >
> > Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
> > design run amok..
> >

> Isaac have been offering a frame, the "force" like this for a couple of
> years. The first time I saw one I had a good laugh.
>
> Stan Cox
>
> p.s. I have 3 bikes. One steel, one alu, one carbon... like to keep the
> bases covered :)

perhaps a Ti bike for home plate?

-bdbafh

Chris Z The Wheelman wrote:
> From: [email protected]
>
>> "You don't need to be a weatherman
>> to know which way the wind blows." -
>> R. Zimmerman

> I thought that was Dylan?

Hey Chris,

Would you mind posting in this style /all/ the time? It's so much better
than "naked replies" with no quoted text.

Just a friendly suggestion to the friendly Wheelman :)

Thanks, Bill

[email protected] wrote:
> Stan Cox wrote:
>> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>>> First it was aluminum with carbon seat stays, then aluminum with carbon
>>> rear ends, then titanium and steel with carbon back ends and then
>>> titanium lugs with carbon plugs....now...
>>>
>>> Cannondale system 6..carbon front with an ALUMINUM rear....yikes,
>>> design run amok..
>>>

>> Isaac have been offering a frame, the "force" like this for a couple of
>> years. The first time I saw one I had a good laugh.
>>
>> Stan Cox
>>
>> p.s. I have 3 bikes. One steel, one alu, one carbon... like to keep the
>> bases covered :)

> perhaps a Ti bike for home plate?
>
> -bdbafh

There is a Litepeed that has been calling me :)

Stan Cox

[email protected] wrote:
>>Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman. "Dylan" was a tribute to the poet
>>of the same name.

> Well, that wasn't very clear.....meant "Dylan Thomas".

"He doesn’t dig poetry. he’s so unhip that
When you say dylan, he thinks you’re talking about dylan thomas,
Whoever he was.
The man ain’t got no culture,..."

Mark (bonus points for recognizing the author)

Frank Drackman wrote:
> "Chris Z The Wheelman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> From: [email protected]
>

>>"You don't need to be a weatherman
>>to know which way the wind blows." -
>>R. Zimmerman

> I thought that was Dylan?
>

> He is trying to show that he knows a lot about music by using his original
> last name.

He was just testing your musical trivia knowledge.

Mark wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>> Bob Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman. "Dylan" was a tribute to the poet
>>> of the same name.

>> Well, that wasn't very clear.....meant "Dylan Thomas".

> "He doesn’t dig poetry. he’s so unhip that
> When you say dylan, he thinks you’re talking about dylan thomas,
> Whoever he was.
> The man ain’t got no culture,..."
>
> Mark (bonus points for recognizing the author)

Paul Simon

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:37:22 GMT, Werehatrack
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 16 Jun 2006 06:06:59 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>[OP quoting an article]
>>"My own impressions
>>I found in my brief time on the new bike that there is a huge contrast
>>between the stiffness of the front end and the bottom bracket, and the
>>smooth ride the rear end provides. This seems to me, to be a
>>combination that any rider could appreciate, whether they are a paid
>>professional or a weekend warrior. "
>>
>>Straight from the likes of Bicycling...

>ISTR hearing that in successive issues of that mag, two different
>reviewers attributed diametrically opposite characteristics to
>aluminum frames in general. I've always just assumed that their
>writers don't understand the concept of "it's the design and the
>execution, not the materials."

Remember, if the bike is expensive, then it's "plush." If it's
inexpensive, then it's "whippy." If the bike is expensive, then it's
"responsive." If it's inexpensive it's "harsh."

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com