Richard said:MartinM said:I've just ridden through Forest Row, there is a new similarly wide
strip enclosed by a white line (with hashed lines on the driveways)
painted green if you please, no bike symbol, GOK what it is for,It's a corralling line for the potholes. They're not allowed to
encroach on the main surface of the road, so they all line up on the
left of this line to gaze enviously at the quadruple sets of alloy rims
rushing past at great speed just beyond their reach, whilst feeding
hungrily on the occasional double sets of alloy rims pottering past in
their kill zone.
well I just asked a resident and got this reply;
The green strip in Forest Row is not a cycle lane but represents the
spiritual path that we take in this brief life on earth before we
return to
the spiritual realm. In Forest Row we pay our own taxes for the upkeep
of
this path as we feel it is important. At Midsummer and other key points
in
the passage of the seasons we gather to walk this path which leads us
not
to Hartfield as one might imagine but to enlightenment. FYI we do this
naked.
I hope this makes it all clear.
Yours in peace and love
M
If anyone knows Forest Row and the locals' penchant for spelling out
eco-warrior messages on the frosty Forest with their nekkid bodies they
will understand. Perhaps more worrying is that I have routed this
year's Audax ride along it, I sense bad karma if riders do not keep to
the 10cm strip.