It was easier second time round

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MSeries, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Last Saturday I did the Humber Bridge Ride again, this time with a
    friend. In contrast to last time the weather was calm for the first 40
    miles then we had a headwind for about 30 then a tailwind for the last
    65 (woo hoo). No rain and some sun. Was a great day, I was tanking
    along through the lonely desolate part that was so tough last time, my
    partner was struggling to hold my wheel at times !! Total door to door
    time was 10h32m, 25 mins longer than last time but moving average was
    15.5mph, 0.2mh faster than last time. We stopped more or for longer, my
    partner is quite fit but not so used to high speed riding for as long
    as I am so she tired sooner and this was her longest ever bike ride. We
    then went out and did 70 miles with the trundlies on Sunday giving us
    another 200mile weekend, and on Monday I didn't feel like a truck had
    driven over me !!!

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Last Saturday I did the Humber Bridge Ride again, this time with a
    > friend. In contrast to last time the weather was calm for the first 40
    > miles then we had a headwind for about 30 then a tailwind for the last
    > 65 (woo hoo). No rain and some sun. Was a great day, I was tanking
    > along through the lonely desolate part that was so tough last time, my
    > partner was struggling to hold my wheel at times !! Total door to door
    > time was 10h32m, 25 mins longer than last time but moving average was
    > 15.5mph, 0.2mh faster than last time. We stopped more or for longer, my
    > partner is quite fit but not so used to high speed riding for as long
    > as I am so she tired sooner and this was her longest ever bike ride. We
    > then went out and did 70 miles with the trundlies on Sunday giving us
    > another 200mile weekend, and on Monday I didn't feel like a truck had
    > driven over me !!!

    Yes, there was a nice Easterly last Saturday which is my favourite wind
    meaning I could head out East for 20 odd miles and then bomb back home at 25
    mph. Glad you enjoyed yourself again Martin!
    --
    Simon M.