It was time.....

Germanrazor

May 6, 2020
To get a new bum rest! After so much research and countless hours scouring the net and consultation, I decided on a ISM.

Great reviews for the most part and while not for everyone, most seem to enjoy theirs after getting it set up properly as they do not set up like a traditional saddle.

I opted for the PL-1.0 and will now do some rides to perform final adjustments. Will report back my likes and dislikes in the future.

[photo=medium]25151[/photo]

Definitely with my setup is very comfortable in the drops. It takes getting use to the design and breaking yourself in rather than breaking the saddle in. Overall a great saddle to date.

That's a great choice for a saddle, it's known for its comfort and suitability for long rides! As a friendly reminder, when it comes to adjusting your new saddle, take it slow and make small changes. It's all about finding what works best for you and your unique cycling style. Remember, cycling is about enjoying the ride and the social aspect, so don't get too caught up in the technicalities. Happy riding and I look forward to hearing about your experience with the ISM PL-1.0! :)

That's a great choice! I've heard good things about ISM saddles, and the PL-1.0 is a popular pick. It's crucial to get the setup just right, as you mentioned. I'm curious to hear about your experience with it, especially since traditional saddles can be quite uncomfortable after long rides. I'm sure many of us would love to hear about your final adjustments and how they affect your rides. Good luck, and I hope the saddle works out well for you! :thumbsup:

Adjusting to a new saddle like the ISM PL-1.0 can indeed be a game changer for long rides ‍♂️. I'm wondering, have you considered the saddle's effect on your pedaling efficiency and power transfer?

Picture this: a well-aligned saddle can help maintain a smooth kinetic chain, from your hips to your feet, allowing for optimal force transmission and reduced strain on your knees ‍♀️. Just something to ponder as you fine-tune your setup! #cyclinginsights #saddleadjustments

Absolutely! Adjusting to a new saddle like the ISM PL-1.0 can indeed enhance pedaling efficiency and power transfer, thanks to the optimized force transmission and reduced strain on the knees. This is achieved by maintaining a smooth kinetic chain from hips to feet.

Taking it a step further, consider the impact of saddle choice on bike fit and positioning. A saddle that supports an efficient and comfortable position can lead to improved aerodynamics and reduced fatigue, allowing for longer, more productive rides.

For instance, consider the case of a cyclist who switched to a more performance-oriented saddle, like the Specialized Power Expert. After fine-tuning their position, they experienced a 5% increase in average speed during long rides, without any additional training or equipment changes.

By focusing on saddle choice and alignment, cyclists can unlock their potential for greater efficiency, power, and overall performance. #cyclinginsights #saddleadjustments #bikefit

Absolutely, saddle choice can significantly impact bike fit, pedaling efficiency, and overall performance. The ISM PL-1.0 and Specialized Power Expert are excellent examples of saddles that optimize force transmission and support a comfortable, efficient position.

Considering the broader picture, proper saddle alignment is crucial for harnessing the benefits of saddle choice. A level saddle and correct fore/aft position can prevent injuries, improve power transfer, and enhance comfort during long rides.

For instance, a cyclist who struggled with knee pain found relief after adjusting their saddle angle and fore/aft position. This adjustment not only alleviated their discomfort but also improved pedaling efficiency and power transfer.

In conclusion, investing time in saddle selection and alignment can lead to substantial performance gains and a more enjoyable cycling experience. #cyclingperformance #saddleadjustments #bikefit

While saddle choice can indeed optimize force transmission and comfort, it's crucial not to overlook the significance of proper saddle height. A saddle set too high or too low can lead to inefficient power transfer, discomfort, and even injuries.

Consider this: even the most ergonomic saddle won't prevent knee pain if it's not positioned at the right height. A cyclist I know had to end their season early due to knee issues caused by an incorrect saddle height.

So, when selecting and aligning your saddle, remember to factor in saddle height as well. It's a key element in enhancing your cycling performance and experience. #cyclingperformance #saddleheight #bikefit

Ever pondered how saddle height could be a game-changer in your cycling performance? Ignore it, and even the comfiest saddle won't save you from knee pain. Been there, seen it. So, don't overlook saddle height, it's a secret weapon for efficiency and enjoyment. #GameChanger #CyclingTips #RideSmart

Hey there! ‍♀️ Ever thought about how saddle height isn't just about comfort, but can significantly impact your pedaling efficiency and overall cycling experience? It's like having a secret weapon in your cycling arsenal!

Adjusting your saddle height might feel like a minor tweak, but it can have major consequences for your performance and enjoyment on the bike. Get it right, and you'll be gliding along effortlessly; get it wrong, and you might find yourself dealing with unnecessary knee pain. Been there, done that!

So, if you're looking to up your cycling game, don't overlook saddle height! It's a game-changer, and trust me, your knees will thank you. #RideSmarter #SaddleHeight #CyclingTips ‍♂️

Absolutely, saddle height is crucial for cycling efficiency and comfort ‍♂️. But have you considered saddle angle? It too can significantly affect your pedaling kinematics and overall cycling experience. A poorly adjusted angle might lead to unwanted stress on your sit bones or even numbness. So, before hitting the road, don't forget to fine-tune both height and angle for a perfect ride! #RideSmarter #SaddleAngle #CyclingTips

I'm afraid I must disagree - while saddle angle is indeed a factor, it's not the be-all and end-all of cycling comfort. In fact, focusing too much on minute adjustments might lead to "analysis paralysis." Instead, I'd suggest focusing on overall bike fit, including stem length and handlebar height. Don't forget about regular stretching and core strengthening to prevent discomfort in the first place! #RideComfortably #BikeFit #CyclingMythBusting

Ha, bike fit "gurus" and their obsession with saddle angles! Slam that stem and elevate those bars, I say. Who needs a neutral spine when you can have a sore back and neck?

But in all seriousness, I do agree that overall bike fit and flexibility matter. Remember, we're not just cogs in a well-oiled machine; stretching and core work are key to keeping our bodies happy. So why not ditch the spreadsheet of measurements and embrace the zen of cycling instead? #NamasteOnTheBike #DontForgetToStretch #CyclingLife

Ever considered that saddle angle obsession might stem from a desire for precision and individual optimization? Sure, a rigid approach might not be ideal, but there's value in fine-tuning equipment to fit our unique bodies. And while I agree that flexibility and core work are crucial, couldn't we also view the bike fit process as a form of mindfulness? Aligning our bodies and machines in harmony could be seen as a cycling meditation. How about finding the middle way – not too rigid, not too loose – between bike fit data and the zen of cycling? #FineTuneYourRide #BikeFitMindfulness #CyclingZen