It will take 10 years to recover.

www.ttdown.com

Guest
Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
from this in the near future.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Guest
www.ttdown.com <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
> from this in the near future.

It looks like the 'cycling community' had been trying to recover from the
1998 tour by coming up with another way of doping. Ofcourse we have
probably all read statements like 'blood doping is becoming popular again',
but to me at least it was unclear what this meant exactly.

yeahyeah

Guest
www. ttdown. com wrote:
> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
> from this in the near future.

Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
Hope springs eternal...

Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Guest
"yeahyeah" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> www. ttdown. com wrote:
>> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
>> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
>> from this in the near future.

> Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
> Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
> the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
> pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
> spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
> distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
> close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
> Hope springs eternal...

There is a possibility that some teams have organized doping through other
channels than Fuentes' network.

David Ferguson

Guest
On 30 Jun 2006 11:18:08 -0700, "yeahyeah" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>www. ttdown. com wrote:
>> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
>> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
>> from this in the near future.

>Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
>Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
>the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
>pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
>spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
>distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
>close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
>Hope springs eternal...

Yeah, this really cleaned things up. Now there will be no blood doping
going on.

:-/

With the top 4 finishers from last years tour missing.... the tour
isn't half of what it could be.

Dan Gregory

Guest
Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

> There is a possibility that some teams have organized doping through other
> channels than Fuentes' network.

Never!!
:)
:-(

Curtis L. Russell

wrote:

>Hope springs eternal...

What? She ride bulls on OLN?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Simon Brooke

Guest
in message <[email protected]>, Jonathan v.d.
Sluis ('[email protected]') wrote:

> "yeahyeah" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected] 75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
>> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
>> the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
>> pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
>> spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
>> distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
>> close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
>> Hope springs eternal...

> There is a possibility that some teams have organized doping through
> other channels than Fuentes' network.

Surely not. How could that be possible?

;; If Python is executable pseudocode,
;; then Perl is executable line noise
-- seen on Slashdot.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Guest
>> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
>> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
>> from this in the near future.

> Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
> Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
> the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
> pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
> spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
> distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
> close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
> Hope springs eternal...

That's right! We'll have the excitement of watching the return of David
Millar to take away the thoughts of a doping peloton. Sigh.

It really is too bad; David Millar's story could be one of the great ones, a
return from the ashes, a (hopeful) redemption. Look at Virenque to prove it
can happen. But that story is likely to be lost, or used to reinforce the
idea that everybody cheats.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"yeahyeah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> www. ttdown. com wrote:
>> Were it not for the Armstrong years we'd just now be recovering from
>> the '98/Festina fiasco. I don't see how cycling is going to rebound
>> from this in the near future.

> Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
> Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
> the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
> pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
> spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
> distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
> close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
> Hope springs eternal...

Keith

Guest
>> Or 3 weeks - one of the two.
>> Honestly, I think that this year's tour will be even more fun to watch.
>> At least there won't be any extraterrestrials putting 15 minutes into
>> the rest of the field now, right? Right now everyone is wailing and
>> pulling their hair, but come tomorrow evening (or afternoon) the
>> spectacle that is the Tour will start, and perhaps the spectacle will
>> distract us from all the speculation. Maybe the tour will actually be
>> close, like 2003, and be even more fun to watch than ever.
>> Hope springs eternal...
>>

>There is a possibility that some teams have organized doping through other
>channels than Fuentes' network.

Obviously yes, but you've got to start cleaning the **** somewhere !
Hitting the stars is certainly a clever approach.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Guest
Dan Gregory <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
>
>> There is a possibility that some teams have organized doping through
>> other channels than Fuentes' network.

> Never!!
>:)
>:-(