itallian and english bottom brackets

onyx1357

Oct 4, 2004
ok so heres the deal i bout a set of cranks with an itallian bb and i have a sworks which requires a english bb. i have a fsa ultimax Ti bb that is to nice for me not to try to make it work before i sell it and buy a new one. so is there anyway to make an itallian bb work in an english frame? if anyone could help that would be great thanks!

onyx1357 said:
ok so heres the deal i bout a set of cranks with an itallian bb and i have a sworks which requires a english bb. i have a fsa ultimax Ti bb that is to nice for me not to try to make it work before i sell it and buy a new one. so is there anyway to make an itallian bb work in an english frame? if anyone could help that would be great thanks!
If the threaded cups are replaceable,get english ones from FSA. Otherwise have your BB shell rethreaded to Italian.

I don't follow.

What type of cranks are they, and why can't you put them on an English bottom bracket?

its not that i cant put my cranks on its i cant get my bottom bracket in. i have english threads and my bb is itallian treaded and im trying to make it work.

if it was my bike, I definitely wouldn't touch the frame -- I'd get an English threaded BB. You've then go to make sure you get the correct length and taper(?) for your cranks.