ITB syndrome and cortisone shots

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pat, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Pat

    Pat Guest

    I got the dreaded ileotibial band syndrome in August and later the doc said I needed a cortisone
    shot to calm things down so that my knee could get better. The weird thing about it is that now
    whenever the barometric pressure goes down, my knee aches. Has this happened to anybody else? Will
    it go away after awhile? OTOH, my ITB pain is gone....

    Pat in TX

    Tags:

  2. Chuck Dahl

    Chuck Dahl Guest

    Don't know about the cortisone shot in relation to this, but I've had ITB for years.

    Bad news, my knees always ache with the barometric pressure change.

    Did have a cortisone shot about 6 months ago. I'm riding better than ever. 700+ miles last month.

    Slowpokey