iTeamNova.com running out of money?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
The following is a quote from an interview cyclingnews.com did with the great Sean Yates.

"The money ran out at iTeamNova," Yates explains. "The idea was that it was funded by subscribers, and the amount they attracted wasn't sufficient to keep the program going, the riders kept going but they weren't being paid as far as I know, and I certainly wasn't. There were insufficient funds to pay me so I had no choice, I had to go home and get a job. I've been gardening for 6 months. When you've got to work you've got to work."

does anyone know anymore about this? I assume the situation has changed since they have merged with Flanders?

I would be a shame to see a team like this fold :mad:

cheers!

I think that they ran dry late in the season last year and curtailed their planned program of events. I, too, thought that the merger with Flanders was intended to remedy the problem.

I always wondered though, if they wanted to move up the ranks of teams and get a shot in the big races, they would need some riders with major UCI points...so, how many memberships do you have to sell just to get one true blue-chipper?

Originally posted by easyrider
I think that they ran dry late in the season last year and curtailed their planned program of events. I, too, thought that the merger with Flanders was intended to remedy the problem.

I always wondered though, if they wanted to move up the ranks of teams and get a shot in the big races, they would need some riders with major UCI points...so, how many memberships do you have to sell just to get one true blue-chipper?

Makes sence.....$200 AUD per member doesnt go far, 1,000 members wouldnt even cover all that much (not even a good riders wage for a few months)

I hope they keep going, I think this sort of thing is great for aussie cycling.

cheers

I got an e-mail from Susan Stewart, director of iteamNova.com and wife of rider David McKenzie. The team does not appear to be in any financial trouble whatsoever. In fact, the team has a full squad in Malaysia right now getting ready for the Tour de Langkawi.

Check out the Website at www.iteamnova.com