I am thinking about getting a set of Itm cx2 aheadset aerobars for my bike. I currently have standard roadbike handlebars with clip-on aerobars. I believe that I have seen these aerobars mounted with conventional road shifters as opposed to bar-end shifters, but I am not certain. Anyone out there know if this is indeed possible? Are there any other good aerobars which are compatible with road shifters?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Itm Cx2 Aheadset Aerobars
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 30 May 2005
- Last activity
- 30 May 2005
- Original author
- lohsnest
- Posts
- 2
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,559
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
lohsnest said:
I am thinking about getting a set of Itm cx2 aheadset aerobars for my bike. I currently have standard roadbike handlebars with clip-on aerobars. I believe that I have seen these aerobars mounted with conventional road shifters as opposed to bar-end shifters, but I am not certain. Anyone out there know if this is indeed possible? Are there any other good aerobars which are compatible with road shifters?
You can use normal shifters with these tri-bars, but they look a bit untidy as the cables cannot be routed internally. If you intend to use these bars all of the cables have to be taped on. A better option is the Cinelli Angel as you can at least route the brake cable through the bar- needs a hacksaw and a bit of fiddling. If you are likely to swap bars back and forth bar end shifters and seperate brake levers are best. Keep your other set-up and swap the lot. If you race it saves time to use the bar enders as you don't have to change position to change gear. Campag (cannot get this American "campy" name!) make Record brake levers and end shifters, expensive but as ever excellent quality and great to use. For bars with integrated levers the Hed ones are the best I have seen and used. Again pricey but quality costs
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.