ITM Millenium Carbon Post Kaput?

BikingBrian

Sep 25, 2003
Do any of you use the ITM Millennium Carbon seatpost? Just to let you know....be careful when tightening your seat clamp! Mine has a !CRIMP! in it right where the post shows through the seat tube clamp! I have used countless carbon seatposts before - USE Alien, Look Ergopost, Latido (Toray Japanese carbon), etc. This is the FIRST time something like this has ever happened. Anyone else have the same experience? For what it's worth, no I don't use a torque wrench (on a seat pin?? You must be kidding...) and I don't have gorilla arms. I'm a 64 kilo skinny climber-type of guy.

Originally posted by BikingBrian
Do any of you use the ITM Millennium Carbon seatpost? Just to let you know....be careful when tightening your seat clamp! Mine has a !CRIMP! in it right where the post shows through the seat tube clamp! I have used countless carbon seatposts before - USE Alien, Look Ergopost, Latido (Toray Japanese carbon), etc. This is the FIRST time something like this has ever happened. Anyone else have the same experience? For what it's worth, no I don't use a torque wrench (on a seat pin?? You must be kidding...) and I don't have gorilla arms. I'm a 64 kilo skinny climber-type of guy.

I'm currently using ITM Millennium carbon post as replacement for my Campy Record carbon post which broke near the slotted area of the seat tube. I think I overtightened it so to prevent this from happening again, I replaced the original Bianchi seat clamp with a Campy seat clamp specially designed for carbon seat posts. Unlike the conventional clamps where pressure is concentrated on the seat tube slot, it literallry hugs the seat tube thereby distributing pressure evenly across the tube diameter.

Originally posted by gclariosa
...SNIP....I replaced the original Bianchi seat clamp with a Campy seat clamp specially designed for carbon seat posts. Unlike the conventional clamps where pressure is concentrated on the seat tube slot, it literallry hugs the seat tube thereby distributing pressure evenly across the tube diameter.

Thank you for your advice! The Campy clamp makes perfect sense. I'll be on the lookout for one and replace my current clamp.