It's a small world...........

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mtbscottie, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    So I'm travelling along Interstate 90 yesterday, headed to the Cleveland Air Show. I stopped at a
    rest stop to get something to drink. On the way out, I noticed a Toyota pickup with a Klein hardtail
    on the roof, with a Colorado license, and went over and started conversing with it's owner and his
    wife. I asked where he was from in Colorado, and he stated Fort Collins. I asked him if he had ever
    rode or been to Fruita. He said, "yeah, but not sure if I'll go there again". "Why is that", I
    asked, "from what I've read and seen, it's like heaven there". "It's beautiful there, that's for
    sure" he answered, "great trails too." I asked what turned him off. "Well, it was my first ride with
    my wife, I've been trying so long to get her to ride with me. She finally agreed to, and so a month
    into her riding career, we decided to head to Fruita for the weekend. I got her used to fire roads
    and double track first. So Fruita was her first real shot at single track. So we were just riding
    along, minding our own business, not bothering anyone. She's having some trobule staying in the
    single track, veering off trail here and there, totally unintentional. Out of nowhere comes this guy
    way over 6 feet tall and starts yelling at both of us for her veering off trail. My wife was in
    tears, and I tried to be reasonalbe to this guy and let him know she's just starting out. He didn't
    care though, it's as if he owned all the trails. He was a real jerk. So the next day we found this
    shop called Over The Edge. Great group of people! They asked us how our stay was going, and we told
    them about the incident. They told me this guy, who goes by the name of JD takes great pride in
    maintaining and policing the trails. They apologized, and said, he does take it to far sometimes."
    All the time, I'm trying my hardest to keep from breaking out in laughter! I went on to explain that
    I knew who he was, and the couple was in total amazement. The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him
    I said hello, and that it must be great to be a world reknown idiot!"

    LOL! Loving every minute of it!

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 31 Aug 2003 21:10:37 GMT, MTBScottie wrote:

    > The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it must be great to be a world
    > reknown idiot!"

    Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.

  3. BB says:

    >> The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it must be great to be a world
    >> reknown idiot!"
    >
    >Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.

    And I'll bet Elvis' grammar would have been better than that, too. For future reference, Spanky,
    it's "reknowned idiot...."

    Steve

  4. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > LOL! Loving every minute of it!

    Now JD gets his own fan fiction?!

    Why do you care so much about someone you've never even met? This is just usenet, get over it.

    Chris

  5. Deluxe Model

    Deluxe Model Guest

    "ctg" <n/[email protected]/a.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > LOL! Loving every minute of it!
    >
    > Now JD gets his own fan fiction?!
    >
    > Why do you care so much about someone you've never even met? This is just usenet, get over it.

    That's right, it's 'just' Usenet. JD can be an asshole, Scottie can poke fun, you can disagree, and
    I can point it out. Get used to it. :)

  6. Super Slinky

    Super Slinky Guest

    Stephen Baker said...

    > And I'll bet Elvis' grammar would have been better than that, too. For future reference, Spanky,
    > it's "reknowned idiot...."
    >
    > Steve

    Nope. It is 'renowned'. See why being a spelling flamer is so lame?

  7. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    >Subject: Re: It's a small world........... From: BB [email protected] Date: 8/31/2003
    >5:58 PM Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >On 31 Aug 2003 21:10:37 GMT, MTBScottie wrote:
    >
    >> The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it must be great to be a world
    >> reknown idiot!"
    >
    >Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.
    >
    >--
    >-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    Whatever, couldn't be more serious.......

  8. Firewalker

    Firewalker Guest

    "Super Slinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Stephen Baker said...
    >
    > > And I'll bet Elvis' grammar would have been better than that, too. For future reference, Spanky,
    > > it's "reknowned idiot...."
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Nope. It is 'renowned'. See why being a spelling flamer is so lame?

    If you're going to be a dink, make sure you're correct.

    ---

  9. R.White

    R.White Guest

  10. R.White

    R.White Guest

    BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 31 Aug 2003 21:10:37 GMT, MTBScottie wrote:
    >
    > > The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it must be great to be a world
    > > reknown idiot!"
    >
    > Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.

    Why do you find this so hard to believe? There are chance meetings that are way more bizarre
    than this.

    Gee, could JD actually be a dick in real life too? With those he doesn't know, he probably is. I'm
    sure Dahmer had friends who defended him no matter what the facts were too.

  11. Spider

    Spider Guest

    [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > On 31 Aug 2003 21:10:37 GMT, MTBScottie wrote:
    > >
    > > > The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it must be great to be a
    > > > world reknown idiot!"
    > >
    > > Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.
    >
    > Why do you find this so hard to believe?

    Too convenient. I just doesn't *sound* real.

    > Gee, could JD actually be a dick in real life too?

    But he isn't. I've met him. Neither you nor Stupidski have.

    He was very polite to all the other trail users, and to the rest of our group. So, as Duhski says,
    if you haven't been there in person, you don't know shit. (Paraphrase from his bike testing whines.)

    Spider

  12. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.
    > >
    > > Why do you find this so hard to believe?
    >
    > Too convenient. I just doesn't *sound* real.
    >
    > > Gee, could JD actually be a dick in real life too?
    >
    > But he isn't. I've met him. Neither you nor Stupidski have.

    As I stated, Jeffry Dahmer had his friends. David Koresh too. Those people thought Koresh was
    the cat ass.

    JD was very polite to me in private email as a fellow WebTv user. When I questioned his rudness to
    posters, I was suddenly put on his shit list. You can continue to condone his behavior and wipe his
    ass. Some of us choose to go our own way and not kowtow to some Usenet pussy.

    > He was very polite to all the other trail users, and to the rest of our group. So, as Duhski says,
    > if you haven't been there in person, you don't know shit. (Paraphrase from his bike testing
    > whines.)

    Kind of like JD's not riding all the bikes he comments on, eh?

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>... <snip a hilarios rambling pisser of a
    "paragraph">

    Oh, I feel sooo discredited. Please stop spanking me!

    > I went on to explain that I knew who he was, and the couple was in total amazement.

    This is by far the funniest part because you have absolutely no idea who or what I am. Keep humping
    away, howdy eat my doody.

    JD

  14. Mtbscottie

    Mtbscottie Guest

    >Subject: Re: It's a small world........... From: [email protected] (JD) Date: 9/1/2003 7:56 PM
    >Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >
    >[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>... <snip a hilarios rambling pisser of a
    >"paragraph">
    >
    >Oh, I feel sooo discredited. Please stop spanking me!
    >
    >> I went on to explain that I knew who he was, and the couple was in total amazement.
    >
    >This is by far the funniest part because you have absolutely no idea who or what I am. Keep humping
    >away, howdy eat my doody.
    >
    >JD

    The funny part is that I meet two strangers on the East Coast and describe you just as you act on
    this discussion group. If you act different in person then you do on the internet, that only
    discredits you even more.

  15. On 31 Aug 2003 21:58:45 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 31 Aug 2003 21:10:37 GMT, MTBScottie wrote:
    >
    >> The wife looked at me and said, "Tell him I said hello, and that it
    must be
    >> great to be a world reknown idiot!"
    >
    >Yeah sure, and I met Elvis yesterday.

    I slept with Elvis yesterday (he loves to be spanked "authoritatively").

  16. On 02 Sep 2003 01:12:10 GMT, [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote:

    >>I slept with Elvis yesterday (he loves to be spanked "authoritatively").
    >>
    >I'll bet you used your black dildo too, didn't you?

    I don't have a black dildo fruitcake.

  17. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 1 Sep 2003 16:41:09 -0700, bee[email protected] (Spider) wrote:

    >Nobody is forcing you to read or reply to any of this, or any other post. You choose to paint
    >yourself as an imbecile in USENET. Don't blame anyone else for that. Trying to change someone who
    >doesn't want to change is a fool's errand. Are you a fool, or are you as bright as you seem to
    >think you are?
    >
    >Spider (who knows a fool's errand when he writes one. *sigh*)

    mmmm, I love the smell of irony! specially over a holiday....

    Dave (like Sunday beer)

  18. Tj

    Tj Guest

    "MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > own business, not bothering anyone. She's having some trobule staying in
    the
    > single track, veering off trail here and there, totally unintentional.
    Out of
    > nowhere comes this guy way over 6 feet tall and starts yelling at both of
    us
    > for her veering off trail. My wife was in tears, and I tried to be
    reasonalbe
    > to this guy and let him know she's just starting out. He didn't care
    though,
    > it's as if he owned all the trails. He was a real jerk.

    Hey..That was me. How the hell did I get to be 6'7"? Oh yeah, I got "streched".

    TJ

  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "ctg" <n/[email protected]/a.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "MTBScottie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > LOL! Loving every minute of it!
    >
    > Now JD gets his own fan fiction?!

    There are so many holes in his little "story", it makes a sieve look solid. Only a moron would think
    it has even a little truth in it. Then again, it was written (sic) by one of the biggest morons in
    Usenet history.

    > Why do you care so much about someone you've never even met?

    Maybe he wants to spank me, though it's a wooden-headed fantasy that our resident howdy doody will
    never fulfill.

    JD

  20. Jd

    Jd Guest

    little ricky white scribbled in caryon:
    > Gee, could JD actually be a dick in real life too?

    I can tell you this, ricky. If you were in Fruita (like that'll ever happen because you are a
    gutless piece of shit) and rode off trail in front of me, I would laugh, as I have been laughing at
    all fools on bikes the last five years or so. So, if laughing at barneys is being a dick, then I am
    the biggest dick you could ever imagine. Now go hump someone else's leg, muttface.

    JD