It's a small world...........

> little ricky white scribbled in caryon:
> > Gee, could JD actually be a **** in real life too?
>
> I can tell you this, ricky. If you were in Fruita (like that'll ever happen because you are a
> gutless piece of ****) and rode off trail in front of me, I would laugh, as I have been laughing
> at all fools on bikes the last five years or so. So, if laughing at barneys is being a ****, then
> I am the biggest **** you could ever imagine. Now go hump someone else's leg, muttface.

If I was in Fruita, the only thing you would doing is sucking my ****.

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > >But he isn't. I've met him. Neither you nor Stupidski have.
> >
> > That isn't the point. It's how he, and actually you, act towards others on the group.
>
> Spider and JD's other lackeys are too afraid to question his stupid antics, lest they become a
> target of his critism.

Heh. Another short-term memory loss patient. Google would solve that, if you knew how to use it.

> Think of Spider as Scut Farcas's sidekick. He's got to play along as he's too afraid of getting
> his own ass whipped.

Let me ask you this:

What is the functional difference between JD flaming someone and what you have done in this post?

I'll wait for the good hypocrite to be courageous and admit his logical error, or try and attempt
more obfuscation. RW, you may want to think twice about that - I know my way around.

Spider

Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 1 Sep 2003 16:41:09 -0700, [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>

> >Nobody is forcing you to read or reply to any of this, or any other post. You choose to paint
> >yourself as an imbecile in USENET. Don't blame anyone else for that. Trying to change someone who
> >doesn't want to change is a fool's errand. Are you a fool, or are you as bright as you seem to
> >think you are?
> >
> >Spider (who knows a fool's errand when he writes one. *sigh*)
>

> mmmm, I love the smell of irony! specially over a holiday....
>
> Dave (like Sunday beer)

Uh, Dave? It's great that you recognize something when someone explains it to you. You may wish
to read again the parenthetical remarks that I made. I am guessing that you believe you are the
soul of wit.

Spider

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Why do you find this so hard to believe?
> >
> > Too convenient. I just doesn't *sound* real.
> >
> > > Gee, could JD actually be a **** in real life too?
> >
> > But he isn't. I've met him. Neither you nor Stupidski have.
>
> As I stated, Jeffry Dahmer had his friends. David Koresh too. Those people thought Koresh was the
> cat ass.

And what does that have to do with the price of OEM Shimano XT parts?

The simple fact is that the JD of USENET is not the JD of Real Life(tm.)

USENET is full of all sorts of whackjobs who can hide behind a keyboard and be someone they're not.
If JD want to be one of them, what can *you* do about it? That's right, nothing. You can only do
something about *you*.

> JD was very polite to me in private email as a fellow WebTv user. When I questioned his rudness to
> posters, I was suddenly put on his **** list.

Yeah, so? You said your piece, and now you reap the reward. Life's all about choices.

> You can continue to condone his behavior and wipe his ass.

Well, I would have remembered wiping his ass, and I don't think I got that drunk. Actually, I think
I was getting friendly with Paladin, but I just can't remember...

In any case, I do not condone or condemn his posting behavior, because I can do nothing to change
it. That's REALITY, RW, like it or not.

> Some of us choose to go our own way and not kowtow to some Usenet *****.

Yes, I can see that you are plenty tough. It's easy on USENET. Tough guys are a dime a dozen until
you get their noses unglued from their CRTs.

> > He was very polite to all the other trail users, and to the rest of our group. So, as Duhski
> > says, if you haven't been there in person, you don't know ****. (Paraphrase from his bike
> > testing whines.)
>
> Kind of like JD's not riding all the bikes he comments on, eh?

You have applied your brain properly to the analogy.

This is the Duhski method of worldly interpretation. Frankly, I thought you were smarter than to
cast your lot in with the likes of Spanky and DogPoop - but if it takes you to carry their water, it
makes no difference to me. I just don't think there's much future to
it. After all, you're not going to cahnge anything, and you only look like a fool for trying.

BTW, if you want to claim the moral high ground on a.m-b flaming, I suggest you stop doing it
yourself. The righteous don't wear hypocrisy that well...

Spider

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > little ricky white scribbled in caryon:
> > > Gee, could JD actually be a **** in real life too?
> >
> > I can tell you this, ricky. If you were in Fruita (like that'll ever happen because you are a
> > gutless piece of ****) and rode off trail in front of me, I would laugh, as I have been laughing
> > at all fools on bikes the last five years or so. So, if laughing at barneys is being a ****,
> > then I am the biggest **** you could ever imagine. Now go hump someone else's leg, muttface.
>
> If I was in Fruita, the only thing you would doing is sucking my ****.

You'd have to sprout one first there, little ricky.

JD

[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Re: It's a small world........... From: [email protected] (JD) Date: 9/1/2003 7:56 PM
> >Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >
> >[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>... <snip a hilarios rambling pisser of a
> >"paragraph">
> >
> >Oh, I feel sooo discredited. Please stop spanking me!
> >
> >> I went on to explain that I knew who he was, and the couple was in total amazement.
> >
> >This is by far the funniest part because you have absolutely no idea who or what I am. Keep
> >humping away, howdy eat my doody.
> >
> >JD
>
> The funny part is that I meet two strangers on the East Coast and describe you just as you act on
> this discussion group. If you act different in person then you do on the internet, that only
> discredits you even more.

Yup, you are as clueless as ever. It's impossible to be discredited by a faceless piece of ****,
especially a sidewalk riding one.

JD

[email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Too convenient. I just doesn't *sound* real.

> > > But he isn't. I've met him. Neither you nor Stupidski have.
> >
> > As I stated, Jeffry Dahmer had his friends. David Koresh too. Those people thought Koresh was
> > the cat ass.
>
> And what does that have to do with the price of OEM Shimano XT parts?
>
> The simple fact is that the JD of USENET is not the JD of Real Life(tm.)
>
> USENET is full of all sorts of whackjobs who can hide behind a keyboard and be someone they're
> not. If JD want to be one of them, what can *you* do about it? That's right, nothing. You can only
> do something about *you*.
>
> > JD was very polite to me in private email as a fellow WebTv user. When I questioned his rudness
> > to posters, I was suddenly put on his **** list.
>
> Yeah, so? You said your piece, and now you reap the reward. Life's all about choices.
>
> > You can continue to condone his behavior and wipe his ass.
>
> Well, I would have remembered wiping his ass, and I don't think I got that drunk. Actually, I
> think I was getting friendly with Paladin, but I just can't remember...
>
> In any case, I do not condone or condemn his posting behavior, because I can do nothing to change
> it. That's REALITY, RW, like it or not.
>
> > Some of us choose to go our own way and not kowtow to some Usenet *****.
>
> Yes, I can see that you are plenty tough. It's easy on USENET. Tough guys are a dime a dozen until
> you get their noses unglued from their CRTs.

I'm in Clearfiled, Pa whenever you want to unglue me.

> > > He was very polite to all the other trail users, and to the rest of our group. So, as Duhski
> > > says, if you haven't been there in person, you don't know ****. (Paraphrase from his bike
> > > testing whines.)
> >
> > Kind of like JD's not riding all the bikes he comments on, eh?
>
> You have applied your brain properly to the analogy.
>
> This is the Duhski method of worldly interpretation. Frankly, I thought you were smarter than to
> cast your lot in with the likes of Spanky and DogPoop - but if it takes you to carry their water,
> it makes no difference to me. I just don't think there's much future to
> it. After all, you're not going to cahnge anything, and you only look like a fool for trying.
>
> BTW, if you want to claim the moral high ground on a.m-b flaming, I suggest you stop doing it
> yourself. The righteous don't wear hypocrisy that well...
>
> Spider

[email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > That isn't the point. It's how he, and actually you, act towards others on the group.
> >
> > Spider and JD's other lackeys are too afraid to question his stupid antics, lest they become a
> > target of his critism.
>
> Heh. Another short-term memory loss patient. Google would solve that, if you knew how to use it.

Yeah, I Google Dave W. and find you.

> > Think of Spider as Scut Farcas's sidekick. He's got to play along as he's too afraid of getting
> > his own ass whipped.
>
> Let me ask you this:
>
> What is the functional difference between JD flaming someone and what you have done in this post?

JD flames a poster (newbie) for asking a simple question. AFAIK, I've never done that.

When I was a newbie and on Webtv to boot, JD would email me asking me not to leave am-b because I
had been in flame wars with more experianced posters and he didn't want all the webtv people being
run off. Now, as soon as a newbie posts, he's all over their ass for being stupid (in his opinion)
and they post a little, then give up.

> I'll wait for the good hypocrite to be courageous and admit his logical error, or try and attempt
> more obfuscation. RW, you may want to think twice about that - I know my way around.

See above.

[email protected] (Dickie White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm in Clearfiled, Pa whenever you want to unglue me.

Oh, that's a HUGE mountain biking destination. Maybe we should forego Idaho and go there to ride
next Summer. Yeah, leave it to a kerr like you to hyde in a shithole like clearfield. Maybe
being the town
psycho there has its rewards though. I'm sure everyone "knows" you in a barney one bullet burg
like that.

JD

> [email protected] (Dickie White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm in Clearfiled, Pa whenever you want to unglue me.
>
> Oh, that's a HUGE mountain biking destination.

That's a HUGE insult! I get tired of hearing about your size, your military rank, and how nice you
are in person. You're just as your prototype Spider described, a Usenet wuss that only acts like
this behind the keyboard. Then again, the folks I met this weekend illustrated how one person can
shape an opinion of a town.

>Maybe we should forego Idaho and go there to ride next Summer.

Please do, there would be lots to do for you daughter. OOOOOPPSSS, I forgot, you claim to be a good
father, but all you really do is galavant across the country and support her with money, and claim
that you are a good father.

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Spider and JD's other lackeys are too afraid to question his stupid antics, lest they become a
> > > target of his critism.
> >
> > Heh. Another short-term memory loss patient. Google would solve that, if you knew how to use it.
>
> Yeah, I Google Dave W. and find you.

I google JD and find you. So what?

> > > Think of Spider as Scut Farcas's sidekick. He's got to play along as he's too afraid of
> > > getting his own ass whipped.
> >
> > Let me ask you this:
> >
> > What is the functional difference between JD flaming someone and what you have done in
> > this post?
>
> JD flames a poster (newbie) for asking a simple question. AFAIK, I've never done that.

So, flaming isn't the problem, but who gets flamed is. That's an artificial distinction that I don't
recognize as significant. If you are whining about somebody being an asshole, being one yourself
carries no moral authority.

> When I was a newbie and on Webtv to boot, JD would email me asking me not to leave am-b because I
> had been in flame wars with more experianced posters and he didn't want all the webtv people being
> run off. Now, as soon as a newbie posts, he's all over their ass for being stupid (in his opinion)
> and they post a little, then give up.

But some don't. The fact is, too many people come to view USENET as some magical "free answer zone."
Frankly, if they don't like the iniation, they don't have to join the club. Anyone who lurks for a
few days could figure out that this ng has a certain cast of characters.

If you're not adult enough to take some heat for a dumb question, then you shouldn't be hanging out
in USENET.

> > I'll wait for the good hypocrite to be courageous and admit his logical error, or try and
> > attempt more obfuscation. RW, you may want to think twice about that - I know my way around.
>
> See above.

Sorry, but I don't accept your artificial distinction. But it is a very nice weasel.

Spider

> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Dickie White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I'm in Clearfiled, Pa whenever you want to unglue me.
> >
> > Oh, that's a HUGE mountain biking destination.
>
> That's a HUGE insult! I get tired of hearing about your size, your military rank, and how nice you
> are in person.

The reason you keep hearing it is because *you* are being an asshole. If you don't like assholes in
a.m-b., why do you insist on being one?

> You're just as your prototype Spider described, a Usenet wuss that only acts like this behind the
> keyboard.

And you are different, how?

> Then again, the folks I met this weekend illustrated how one person can shape an opinion of
> a town.

Except that this "meeting" never actually happened. You just made the whole thing up.

> >Maybe we should forego Idaho and go there to ride next Summer.

[snip lameness]

You sure are courageous behind your keyboard there, tough guy.

Come to ID next year to see if you can hack real MTB terrain. I can hear the excuses already...

Spider

> [email protected] (Dickie White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I'm in Clearfiled, Pa whenever you want to unglue me.
>
> Oh, that's a HUGE mountain biking destination.

See, that's why you're such a putz. The trails here are uncrowded. Devoid of pussies like you who
have to keep crying about access, off-trail riding, barnies, etc. Keep enjoying your overcrowded
biking hotspot while I enjoy the solitude of unknown and underused trails.

[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> So I'm travelling along Interstate 90 yesterday, headed to the Cleveland Air Show. I stopped at a
> rest stop to get something to drink. On the way out,

<snip the poor fiction>

> LOL! Loving every minute of it!

Even *if* this event happened, then your "friends" were probably royally destructive barney fools
that deserved some constructive instruction. Maybe even a decent ass-whuppin. If we don't speak up,
then these idiots get our trails closed.

I yelled at an idiot to get a helmet one afternoon. Half an hour later I was patching up his bloody
mug, (risking Aids and who knows what, mind you) because he was a clueless fool.)

So this gal was riding Fruita trails after a month on a mountainbike? Come on, even a
veracity-challenged, fabricating prevaricator like yourself can do better than that.

Besides, the more you rail at JD, (whom you haven't even met) the smaller you shrink and the greener
with envy you appear.

To Spider, you're good at this flame-fest bizness, but be careful who you invite to Idaho. My
razorback hog back at the trailer has standards regarding the company its willing to keep.

Paladin

[email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Heh. Another short-term memory loss patient. Google would solve that, if you knew how to
> > > use it.
> >
> > Yeah, I Google Dave W. and find you.
>
> I google JD and find you. So what?

> > > Let me ask you this:
> > >
> > > What is the functional difference between JD flaming someone and what you have done in this
> > > post?
> >
> > JD flames a poster (newbie) for asking a simple question. AFAIK, I've never done that.
>
> So, flaming isn't the problem, but who gets flamed is. That's an artificial distinction that I
> don't recognize as significant.

Good for you. Others see it differently.

> If you are whining about somebody being an asshole, being one yourself carries no moral authority.

Said the pot.

> > When I was a newbie and on Webtv to boot, JD would email me asking me not to leave am-b because
> > I had been in flame wars with more experianced posters and he didn't want all the webtv people
> > being run off. Now, as soon as a newbie posts, he's all over their ass for being stupid (in his
> > opinion) and they post a little, then give up.
>
> But some don't. The fact is, too many people come to view USENET as some magical "free answer
> zone." Frankly, if they don't like the iniation, they don't have to join the club. Anyone who
> lurks for a few days could figure out that this ng has a certain cast of characters.
>
> If you're not adult enough to take some heat for a dumb question, then you shouldn't be hanging
> out in USENET.

So who gets to deterime what's dumb and what's not? JD? You?

> > > I'll wait for the good hypocrite to be courageous and admit his logical error, or try and
> > > attempt more obfuscation. RW, you may want to think twice about that - I know my way around.
> >
> > See above.
>
> Sorry, but I don't accept your artificial distinction. But it is a very nice weasel.

Others do. Your influence on what I percieve to be true is insignificant. Keep following Farcas.

[email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (Dickie White) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > Oh, that's a HUGE mountain biking destination.
> >
> > That's a HUGE insult! I get tired of hearing about your size, your military rank, and how nice
> > you are in person.
>
> The reason you keep hearing it is because *you* are being an asshole. If you don't like assholes
> in a.m-b., why do you insist on being one?
>
> > You're just as your prototype Spider described, a Usenet wuss that only acts like this behind
> > the keyboard.
>
> And you are different, how?
>
> > Then again, the folks I met this weekend illustrated how one person can shape an opinion of a
> > town.
>
> Except that this "meeting" never actually happened. You just made the whole thing up.

If wrenches in State College have heard of Mike " ", why would it be so impossible for this
encounter to have occurred?

On 3 Sep 2003 15:33:09 -0700, [email protected] (Paladin) wrote:

>[email protected] (MTBScottie) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> So I'm travelling along Interstate 90 yesterday, headed to the Cleveland Air Show. I stopped at a
>> rest stop to get something to drink. On the way out,
>
><snip the poor fiction>
>>
>> LOL! Loving every minute of it!
>
>Even *if* this event happened, then your "friends" were probably royally destructive barney fools
>that deserved some constructive instruction. Maybe even a decent ass-whuppin. If we don't speak up,
>then these idiots get our trails closed.
>
>I yelled at an idiot to get a helmet one afternoon. Half an hour later I was patching up his bloody
>mug, (risking Aids and who knows what, mind you) because he was a clueless fool.)
>
>So this gal was riding Fruita trails after a month on a mountainbike? Come on, even a
>veracity-challenged, fabricating prevaricator like yourself can do better than that.
>
>Besides, the more you rail at JD, (whom you haven't even met) the smaller you shrink and the
>greener with envy you appear.
>
>To Spider, you're good at this flame-fest bizness, but be careful who you invite to Idaho. My
>razorback hog back at the trailer has standards regarding the company its willing to keep.
>
>Paladin

them hawgs make for some good vittles...

Dave (shot one between the eyes once!)

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > JD flames a poster (newbie) for asking a simple question. AFAIK, I've never done that.
> >
> > So, flaming isn't the problem, but who gets flamed is. That's an artificial distinction that I
> > don't recognize as significant.
>
> Good for you. Others see it differently.

Other people also think the world is flat, and that the moon landings were faked. I don't put much
stock in what any particular group of people think.

> > If you are whining about somebody being an asshole, being one yourself carries no moral
> > authority.
>
> Said the pot.

Heh. I'm not whining about anyone being an asshole. I'm not posting *****ing about it, or calling
names about it, or any other thing. So, it is *not* actually the pot calling the kettle black, but
exposing your hypocrisy on the issue.

> > > When I was a newbie and on Webtv to boot, JD would email me asking me not to leave am-b
> > > because I had been in flame wars with more experianced posters and he didn't want all the
> > > webtv people being run off. Now, as soon as a newbie posts, he's all over their ass for being
> > > stupid (in his opinion) and they post a little, then give up.
> >
> > But some don't. The fact is, too many people come to view USENET as some magical "free answer
> > zone." Frankly, if they don't like the iniation, they don't have to join the club. Anyone who
> > lurks for a few days could figure out that this ng has a certain cast of characters.
> >
> > If you're not adult enough to take some heat for a dumb question, then you shouldn't be hanging
> > out in USENET.
>
> So who gets to deterime what's dumb and what's not? JD? You?

Yes. And you, and Duhski and anyone else. There are plenty of people who have trouble with what the
"alt" in the newsgroup hierarchy means, and you seem to be one of them. If you or he or anyone else
doesn't like my methods or posts, you are quite free to learn to operate your newsreader in a manner
that facilitates filtering on authors or content - or both.

I have posed some dumb questions in USENET, and taken heat. Life is hard. I got over it. What's
your excuse?

> > > See above.
> >
> > Sorry, but I don't accept your artificial distinction. But it is a very nice weasel.
>
> Others do.

Reference faked moon landings.

> Your influence on what I percieve to be true is insignificant.

Ahh, but I am not trying to influence you in any way. As I have said before, in case you weren't
paying attention, I do not believe that you can change anybody who does not wish to change, and in
USENET, the only real influence someone has is on themselves. Having a laugh at the expense of the
hypocritical fools who think that they can stop flaming by flaming is all part of this great medium
that provides so much enjoyment.

I speak to you about logic because I had imagined that you would be able to discern logical truth
from logical fallacy. I am sorry that I was wrong.

Spider

[email protected] (R.White) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> > Except that this "meeting" never actually happened. You just made the whole thing up.
>
> If wrenches in State College have heard of Mike " ", why would it be so impossible for this
> encounter to have occurred?

I am considering the source and the message. Impossible? No. Highly improbable, in the realm of
fiction? Most certainly.

Spider