It's A Whole New Race

It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
end of the Saturday TT.

It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
him into 6th.

Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
they take the top step!

My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
again.

Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
concentration without psyching themselves out.

On Jul 26, 4:18 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
> end of the Saturday TT.
>
> It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
> him into 6th.
>
> Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
> being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
> they take the top step!
>
> My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
> point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
> again.
>
> Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
> it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
> concentration without psyching themselves out.

Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember
that
it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
concentration without psyching themselves out.

Where did you learn that? I know many Olympic Champions in a variety
of sports who were under 25.

As long as he is juiced he will be fine

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
> end of the Saturday TT.
>
> It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
> him into 6th.
>
> Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
> being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
> they take the top step!
>
> My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
> point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
> again.
>
> Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
> it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
> concentration without psyching themselves out.

I think Contador has a score to settle with Evans when Cadel took
the final time trial in the 2006 Tour of Romandie, leapfrogging over
two Spaniards, one being Contador when he was with Liberty Seguros.
Contador managed to finish 2nd, but I'm sure memories are not forgotten.

It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
Fignon meltdown.
-tom

On Jul 27, 7:01 am, "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > It is possible that any one of the top three can be in yellow at the
> > end of the Saturday TT.

> > It's also possible that Popo could gain enough time on Valverde to put
> > him into 6th.

> > Imagine the position of Discovery Channel looking for a new sponsor
> > being able to say that they put 3 riders in the top 6 - especially if
> > they take the top step!

> > My guess is that Cadel will take the win but it's hard to say at this
> > point. Levi has been known to really pull off super TT's every now and
> > again.

> > Contador has the capability of doing well but we have to remember that
> > it's really difficult for someone under 25 to maintain total
> > concentration without psyching themselves out.

> I think Contador has a score to settle with Evans when Cadel took
> the final time trial in the 2006 Tour of Romandie, leapfrogging over
> two Spaniards, one being Contador when he was with Liberty Seguros.
> Contador managed to finish 2nd, but I'm sure memories are not forgotten.
>
> It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
> 34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
> in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
> Fignon meltdown.
> -tom

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/tour05/?id=results/tour0520#res

7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
Lotto 2.06
14 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
Gerolsteiner 3.13
48 Alberto Contador (Spa) Liberty Seguros-
Würth 6.12

On Jul 27, 7:49 am, Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m>
wrote:
> Tom Nakashima wrote:
> > It's a long-shot, but I'm pulling for Leipheimer, although the TT is 55.5km,
> > 34.486 miles, news of the weird if he could make up 2'49" seconds
> > in that distance. Shades of '89... wouldn't mind seeing another
> > Fignon meltdown.

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/tour06/?id=results/tour0619
> 34 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Gerolsteiner 6.02

8 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
Lotto 3.41

phillip brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2005/tour05/?id=results/tour0520#res

> 7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Davitamon-
> Lotto 2.06
> 14 Levi Leipheimer (USA)
> Gerolsteiner 3.13
> 48 Alberto Contador (Spa) Liberty Seguros-
> W?rth 6.12

According to the logic dictating that Rasmussen's doped based on his
TT in 2005 and 2006 those results would indicate that Condaor doped as
well.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.