Its catching ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by W K, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. W K

    W K Guest

    ( on the subject of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf )

    US Central Command would not confirm his claim that he had been interrogated and freed.

    "We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up
    these reports"

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3024046.stm

    Tags:

  2. >"We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up
    >these reports"

    I fell about laughing when I read that.

    However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively, a
    white-haired old man. The fact is he worked for a repugnant regime and one can but hope that is now
    gone - but the way we "liberators" appear to be cocking-up the supposed peace and rebuilding of
    Iraq, one can wonder.

    But it's still a sad sight to see the white-haired old guy he now appears to be. Mind you, it may be
    he was white-haired before, but under Saddam, he had access to unlimited supplies of chemicals
    suitable for use as hair dye - and now the supplies have been looted!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ( on the subject of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf )

    > "We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up these
    > reports"

    But we know where he is, don't we? Step forward Mohammed Saeed Al-Smith...

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.com

    > >"We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up these
    > >reports"
    >
    > I fell about laughing when I read that.
    >
    > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively,
    > a white-haired old man. The fact is he worked for a repugnant regime and one can but hope that is
    > now gone - but the way we "liberators" appear to be cocking-up the supposed peace and rebuilding
    > of Iraq, one can wonder.
    >
    > But it's still a sad sight to see the white-haired old guy he now appears to be. Mind you, it may
    > be he was white-haired before, but under Saddam, he had access to unlimited supplies of chemicals
    > suitable for use as hair dye - and now the supplies have been looted!

    The stocks of Grecian 2000[1] have dried up since the war. The thought of Chemical Ali dying Comical
    Ali's hair is a nice one though.

    Colin
    [1] Is it still called that or is it now Grecian 3000.

  5. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
    <[email protected]> typed:

    > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively,
    > a white-haired old man.

    Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
    person. The only good thing about such people is they all eventually grow old and die but
    unfortunately never soon enough for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot,
    Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or Comical Ali.

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  6. Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]ocalhost>...

    > The stocks of Grecian 2000[1] have dried up since the war. The thought of Chemical Ali dying
    > Comical Ali's hair is a nice one though.
    >
    > Colin
    > [1] Is it still called that or is it now Grecian 3000.

    Good point. And did Grecian 2000 suffer from the Y2K bug, causing loads of men to turn grey again
    shortly after 11:59pm on Dec. 31st 1999? ;-)

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  7. Tony Raven wrote:

    [snip]

    > > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to,
    > > effectively, a white-haired old man.
    >
    > Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
    > person. The only good thing about such people is they all eventually grow old and die but
    > unfortunately never soon enough for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot,
    > Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or Comical Ali.

    What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person ? As far as I could tell,
    from watching him on television, he was doing exactly what his counterpart would have done in any
    country that was currently being invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and that the
    invaders would without doubt be repelled. If ([email protected] forbid), Britain were in the same position, do you
    really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving televised broadcasts telling Britons that they
    were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was hopeless ?

    Philip Taylor

  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to,
    > > > effectively, a white-haired old man.
    > >
    > > Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
    > > person. The only good thing about such
    people
    > > is they all eventually grow old and die but unfortunately never soon
    enough
    > > for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot, Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or
    > > Comical Ali.
    >
    > What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person
    ?
    > As far as I could tell, from watching him on television, he was doing
    exactly
    > what his counterpart would have done in any country that was currently
    being
    > invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and that the
    invaders
    > would without doubt be repelled. If ([email protected] forbid), Britain were in the
    same
    > position, do you really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving
    televised
    > broadcasts telling Britons that they were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was
    > hopeless ?
    >
    > Philip Taylor

    I thought he was already doing that ;-) Dave.

  9. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP] <[email protected]> typed:

    > What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person ? As far as I could
    > tell, from watching him on television, he was doing exactly what his counterpart would have done
    > in any country that was currently being invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and
    > that the invaders would without doubt be repelled. If ([email protected] forbid), Britain were in the same
    > position, do you really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving televised broadcasts telling
    > Britons that they were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was hopeless ?

    He was a senior member of the Saddam government as Foreign Minister (taking over from Tariq Aziz)
    from 1991 - 2001 before becoming the Information Minister i.e. in the post 1st Iraq war period. You
    don't hold a senior position in the government like that without knowing what that government is
    doing. A far different kettle of fish to Campbell Ali

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com