Its catching ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
>"We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up
>these reports"

I fell about laughing when I read that.

However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively, a
white-haired old man. The fact is he worked for a repugnant regime and one can but hope that is now
gone - but the way we "liberators" appear to be cocking-up the supposed peace and rebuilding of
Iraq, one can wonder.

But it's still a sad sight to see the white-haired old guy he now appears to be. Mind you, it may be
he was white-haired before, but under Saddam, he had access to unlimited supplies of chemicals
suitable for use as hair dye - and now the supplies have been looted!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ( on the subject of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf )

> "We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up these
> reports"

But we know where he is, don't we? Step forward Mohammed Saeed Al-Smith...

--
Guy
===

WARNING: may contain traces of irony. Contents may settle after posting.
http://www.chapmancentral.com

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> >"We don't have him, and there is no information from our people on the ground to back up these
> >reports"
>
> I fell about laughing when I read that.
>
> However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively,
> a white-haired old man. The fact is he worked for a repugnant regime and one can but hope that is
> now gone - but the way we "liberators" appear to be cocking-up the supposed peace and rebuilding
> of Iraq, one can wonder.
>
> But it's still a sad sight to see the white-haired old guy he now appears to be. Mind you, it may
> be he was white-haired before, but under Saddam, he had access to unlimited supplies of chemicals
> suitable for use as hair dye - and now the supplies have been looted!

The stocks of Grecian 2000[1] have dried up since the war. The thought of Chemical Ali dying Comical
Ali's hair is a nice one though.

Colin
[1] Is it still called that or is it now Grecian 3000.

In news:[email protected], wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
<[email protected]> typed:
>
> However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to, effectively,
> a white-haired old man.

Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
person. The only good thing about such people is they all eventually grow old and die but
unfortunately never soon enough for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot,
Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or Comical Ali.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<MPG.196615bb6a46a0b8989a9b@localhost>...
>
> The stocks of Grecian 2000[1] have dried up since the war. The thought of Chemical Ali dying
> Comical Ali's hair is a nice one though.
>
> Colin
> [1] Is it still called that or is it now Grecian 3000.

Good point. And did Grecian 2000 suffer from the Y2K bug, causing loads of men to turn grey again
shortly after 11:59pm on Dec. 31st 1999? ;-)

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

Tony Raven wrote:

[snip]

> > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to,
> > effectively, a white-haired old man.
>
> Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
> person. The only good thing about such people is they all eventually grow old and die but
> unfortunately never soon enough for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot,
> Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or Comical Ali.

What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person ? As far as I could tell,
from watching him on television, he was doing exactly what his counterpart would have done in any
country that was currently being invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and that the
invaders would without doubt be repelled. If (G@d forbid), Britain were in the same position, do you
really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving televised broadcasts telling Britons that they
were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was hopeless ?

Philip Taylor

"Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Tony Raven wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > However, what I thought was incredibly sad, was the sight of Comical Ali reduced to,
> > > effectively, a white-haired old man.
> >
> > Not really sad at all. Putting aside his comical briefings he was underneath an extremely nasty
> > person. The only good thing about such
people
> > is they all eventually grow old and die but unfortunately never soon
enough
> > for the people they terrorise. I shed no tears for Pol Pot, Honecker, Ceausescu, Hoxha or
> > Comical Ali.
>
> What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person
?
> As far as I could tell, from watching him on television, he was doing
exactly
> what his counterpart would have done in any country that was currently
being
> invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and that the
invaders
> would without doubt be repelled. If (G@d forbid), Britain were in the
same
> position, do you really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving
televised
> broadcasts telling Britons that they were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was
> hopeless ?
>
> Philip Taylor

I thought he was already doing that ;-) Dave.

In news:[email protected], Philip TAYLOR [PC87S-O/XP] <[email protected]> typed:
>
> What is your evidence for asserting that he was an extremely nasty person ? As far as I could
> tell, from watching him on television, he was doing exactly what his counterpart would have done
> in any country that was currently being invaded : reassuring his countrymen that all was well and
> that the invaders would without doubt be repelled. If (G@d forbid), Britain were in the same
> position, do you really think that Alistair Campbell would be giving televised broadcasts telling
> Britons that they were doomed, should give up, and that resistance was hopeless ?
>

He was a senior member of the Saddam government as Foreign Minister (taking over from Tariq Aziz)
from 1991 - 2001 before becoming the Information Minister i.e. in the post 1st Iraq war period. You
don't hold a senior position in the government like that without knowing what that government is
doing. A far different kettle of fish to Campbell Ali

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

Status
Not open for further replies.