Its come to this....God Bless America

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by zapper, Sep 14, 2005.

1. zapper

zapper Banned

What a crock....

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A federal judge declared the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools unconstitutional Wednesday in a case brought by the same atheist whose previous battle against the words "under God" was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court on procedural grounds.

Tags:

2. lyotard

lyotard New Member

the true crock would be the disregard of the principle of seperation of church and state.

but that would leave the current admin wothout a leg to stand on...

3. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

imagine bush not being able to exploit the emotion and sentiment of the church-state to further his criminal syndicate's agenda?

who then could we demonize as an enemy of god and country, the whooshing sound you would hear is all the hot air outta the balloon.

and the hypocrisy of this president declaring a national day of prayer for the katrina victims, at least this did not cost the taxpayer like this
    man-made disaster did.

church-state, tv, and ammunition, the holy bush trinity.
    true opiates of the masses.

4. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

You might separate church and state but you will never separate politics and religion.
    The unfortunate result of such a decision is more division and discontent.
    You now have one happy winner and a crap load of Christian ready to hang him.
    I on the other hand am hoping to get a new frame this week before I go on vacation.
    Separation of me and my money.

5. crithater

crithater New Member

4th Circuit ruled that saying the pledge was a patroitic act not a religious one. 9th curcuit will be over ruled on this by the Supreme Court. Only then will this moron be stopped. This is not a separation of church and state issue. Really you should know about the things you write about BEFORE you give us your lame ass opinions. Elections matter, so get enough of your friends together and vote a new adminstration in the next election........M

6. davidmc

davidmc New Member

Yaay :) Thanks for the update Zap ;) Talk about god on sundays or at home, not on the taxpayer (my) dollar :mad: :D

7. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

critrasher, hold yer line. all your steamin' about opinion aside, this was thrown out because his kid, for whom he was going to court for on this matter, was not in his legal custody. so you can see this was thrown on a technicality.
    now, he is bringing the same matter to court on behalf of some other parents kids who also object to the questionable pledge in public schools, with the anticipated outcome being that the previous ruling will have precedence.

no reason to hate crit, just gotta come up to speed.

8. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

youre right buddy..

i just read that and think the world has gone nuts...

most countries have national anthems, pledges etc that involve the inhabitants being blessed by some diety or another....why shouldnt God bless America, or the Queen for the matter or the Pope?

nuts i tell ya, nuts!

9. BassDave

BassDave New Member

To quote (hopefully correctly) John Stewart lastnight on The Daily Show, he was saying that the words "under God" was added into the Pledge of Allegence during the height of the Cold War, because they were a non-religious country and didn't believe in God. Of course, today we are fighting in Iraq, . . . . . . so maybe we should change it to, "On nation, under. . . . . .a more reasonable God, . . . . . "

10. davidmc

davidmc New Member

I have read the same where the "under god" clause was added during the red scare (1950's) to further differentiate us from the communist's . Either the "bible thumper's", no disrespect intended, aren't aware of this or make a conscious decision to feign ignorance & claim it has been @ for centuries. It's close to, if not, unconstituional. Proclaiming one's faith in the "public square" does not bode well for humility/meekness which, by the way, is one of the cornerstones of christianity. The one's who go about shouting are the one's w/ the least amt. of humility.

11. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Absolutely correct! The verbage was not added until 1954, I believe. The use of dieties and symbols on coinage,official building and such is far from new.
    Sumarians, Romans etc. had gods on their coinage and in their text.
    When Constantine took rule of Rome or a while after he had Pagan symbols removed and replaced them with Christian ones.
    So this is far from a new concept and the turmoil that goes with it.
    Constantine had some harsh laws ,but one stated that anyone that taxed the public excessively would be put to death.
    I can certainly relate to his thinking.

Seriously, any doctrine, text ,pledge or oath has little meaning without the conviction,belief and intent of a living by it.
    This is the higher issue at hand. IMHO.

12. Mister Nick

Mister Nick New Member

It's just word, folks! It's not like it really matters if God blesses anyting or anyone!

13. Chance3290

Chance3290 New Member

"...Under GOD..." was added in the 50s, so most everyone around now has grown up with it.
    Now we're going to have to pay millions of dollars (all of which say 'In GOD We Trust') because some boob is too stupid to explain to his child; "Honey, some people believe in GOD, but I don't, so you don't have to say Under GOD when the other kids do."

14. TrekDedicated

TrekDedicated New Member

Wow. This is becoming ridiculous.

15. crithater

crithater New Member

Wrong again!!!!! He went to court for himself, he just used his kid for a reason to file. His ex-wife and his daughter when interviewed had no problem with the pledge. Now he using some friends to get it back to the court. I guess he wants more than his 15 minutes of fame. The previous ruling by the 9th circuit will have precedence (the only court in the country where this crap will fly) but it will reach the Supreme Court again and this time his little hope that those words UNDER GOD will be throw out will be crushed.......There is no hate in my post, just know what you are talking about before you post an opinion.....M

16. davidmc

davidmc New Member

It is endorsed by our gov't CONTRARY to the Constitution. It is a relic of the 1950's that needs to be done away with :mad:

17. Eldron

Eldron New Member

I pledge Allegiance to the flag
    of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands,
    one nation under God, indivisible,
    with Liberty and Justice for all.

What's the big deal? If you don't believe in god/God then pretend you mean the word 'sky'when you say god/God.

One nation under sky - the word after all is only as important and you think it is.

Doing away with national pride is bad idea. Next you guys will be doing away with your national anthem.

Here are some reasons: the word BRAVE is insulting to the Indians from whom you stole the country, the word BOMB must be removed as it incites violence, BLOOD in a national anthem? with the current AIDS/HIV awareness programmes it's in poor taste, SLAVE? begone THAT word and many others.

I guess IN GOD WE TRUST is next....

C'mon people this is crazy. What happened to being proud of being american?

18. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

As is the ACLU ,a relic of the 1920's and well over due for the trash heep.

19. Colorado Ryder

Colorado Ryder New Member

Maybe he'll want to do away with Roe v Wade. After all its a relic from the 1970's.

20. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I propose we substitute "One Nation Under Educated With the Liberty to Screw Up and Blame Someone Else".