It's days like today...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave W, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly endless
    blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December. Sunny and
    55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

    Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 at 19:23 GMT, Dave W penned:
    > that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    > endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    > Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.
    >
    > Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)

    Two sundays ago, we were biking in 60 degree weather here in sunny Colorado =P Probably could have
    done the same yesterday, but we chose to go skiing instead.

    --
    monique

  3. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:23:33 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    >that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly endless
    >blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December. Sunny and
    >55 today.

    I must have missed the seemingly endless blizzards that I have been digging out from.

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Dave Worthless <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    > endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    > Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.
    >
    > Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)

    ...and posts like this that help you remind us how narrow-minded you truly are. Thanks for the
    clarification post, fool.

    JD

  5. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    > endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    > Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.
    >
    > Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)

    good for you, Dave. Our ski hill just opened, which sits just 20 mi above the valley.

    paladin

  6. Iddqd

    Iddqd Guest

    Dave W wrote:

    > that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    > endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    > Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

    Go away :)

    It's 3 degrees, raining and the sun went down at 15.30 pm :-(

    On the other hand just came home from a Sheryl Crow concert and I can live a long time on the
    thought of sucking up some sun with her:)

    Kind regards

    Bruno, Denmark

    PS. I did get a ride in - on pavement and only 2x10 km's.
    --
    To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

    More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less polution.

  7. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n murmured while asleep:
    > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:23:33 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    >> endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    >> Sunny and 55 today.
    >
    > I must have missed the seemingly endless blizzards that I have been digging out from.

    you aren't at home then? Since when does it snow in the Easy Bay, eh?

    ;-)

    Penny

  8. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (Paladin) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    >> endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    >> Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.
    >>
    >> Dave (12 miles today...woohoo!)
    >
    > good for you, Dave. Our ski hill just opened, which sits just 20 mi above the valley.
    >
    > paladin

    Well I then I guess I know where your heads at. Enjoy the carve.

    D.W

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "Penny S" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > P e t e F a g e r l i n murmured while asleep:
    >> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:23:33 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
    >>> endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
    >>> Sunny and 55 today.
    >>
    >> I must have missed the seemingly endless blizzards that I have been digging out from.

    What, you dig? Aww, quit messing around. You'd probably just have some migrant farmworkers rise @
    0330 am, just to shovel every inch of snowfall that surrounds Casa de Fagerlin...thus you'd never
    even know it snowed, even if it did. :)

    > you aren't at home then? Since when does it snow in the Easy Bay, eh?
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > Penny

  10. MattB

    MattB Guest

    "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Penny S" <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected].com

    <snip>

    > What, you dig? Aww, quit messing around. You'd probably just have some migrant farmworkers rise @
    > 0330 am, just to shovel every inch of snowfall that surrounds Casa de Fagerlin...thus you'd never
    > even know it snowed, even if it did. :)

    Would they then be migrant snowworkers?

    Matt (more snow here, please!)

  11. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:25:35 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Penny S" <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected]
    >
    >> P e t e F a g e r l i n murmured while asleep:

    >>> I must have missed the seemingly endless blizzards that I have been digging out from.
    >
    >What, you dig? Aww, quit messing around. You'd probably just have some migrant farmworkers rise @
    >0330 am, just to shovel every inch of snowfall that surrounds Casa de Fagerlin...thus you'd never
    >even know it snowed, even if it did. :)

    I've shoveled plenty of snow of course.

    The fact that we haven't been experiencing seemingly endless blizzards, nor has much of the country,
    was at the heart of my comment.

    Hyperbole.

    It's what's for lunch.

  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "Penny S" <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected]
    >>
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> What, you dig? Aww, quit messing around. You'd probably just have some migrant farmworkers rise @
    >> 0330 am, just to shovel every inch of snowfall that surrounds Casa de Fagerlin...thus you'd never
    >> even know it snowed, even if it did. :)
    >>

    > Would they then be migrant snowworkers?

    They adapt for the seasons. But they much prefer the warmer clims. Reminds them of home.

    > Matt (more snow here, please!)

    I would offer you our share this year, but it is usually so pawltry I would be embarrassed to make
    said offer...

    Dave (talk about laughing at me...)

  13. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Dave W wrote:

    > [email protected] (Paladin) had this to say news:[email protected]
    >

    >>Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >>>
    >>good for you, Dave. Our ski hill just opened, which sits just 20 mi above the valley.
    >>
    >>paladin
    >>

    > Well I then I guess I know where your heads at. Enjoy the carve.
    >
    > D.W

    Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet higher, ski all you want.
    Nothing quite like getting above the inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the
    valley, and breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with islands poking up.
    Where's that wax, anyway?

    Paladin

  14. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >(snip Dave dribble)<

    > Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet higher, ski all you want.
    > Nothing quite like getting above the inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the
    > valley, and breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with islands poking
    > up. Where's that wax, anyway?
    >
    > Paladin

    I've been on the road between SE Virginia and Washington DC for the past two days watching damp
    flatlands and wet sludge that was once snow seep into the mud of the coastal flatlands. I read the
    above and it caused me much mental anguish. I can picture the entire scene, right down to the angle
    of the sun and and shadow cast by the mountains.

    Tom....dreaming of snow and yearning to go West!

  15. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >(snip Dave dribble)<
    >
    > > Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet higher, ski all you want.
    > > Nothing quite like getting above the inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the
    > > valley, and breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with islands poking
    > > up. Where's that wax, anyway?
    > >
    > > Paladin
    > >

    > I've been on the road between SE Virginia and Washington DC for the past two days watching damp
    > flatlands and wet sludge that was once snow seep into the mud of the coastal flatlands. I read the
    > above and it caused me much mental anguish. I can picture the entire scene, right down to the
    > angle of the sun and and shadow cast by the mountains.
    >
    > Tom....dreaming of snow and yearning to go West!

    Since you brought it up, it is so awesome, it's hard to believe it's real. To be up there on a xc
    trail and look down over this huge valley, with occasional mtn peaks poking up, looking like islands
    amongst a vast sea of blinding white cotton. Right now, its perfectly clear, and I don't know
    whether to ride, ski, or just hole up with a book by the fire.

    paladin

  16. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Paladin wrote:

    > "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>(snip Dave dribble)<
    >>

    >>>Yeah, its pretty funny when you can ride the foothills, and 3k feet higher, ski all you want.
    >>>Nothing quite like getting above the inversions that occasionally hold the clouds down in the
    >>>valley, and breaking into sunlight. Looks like a huge ocean of white cotton with islands poking
    >>>up. Where's that wax, anyway?
    >>>
    >>>Paladin
    >>>

    >>I've been on the road between SE Virginia and Washington DC for the past two days watching damp
    >>flatlands and wet sludge that was once snow seep into the mud of the coastal flatlands. I read the
    >>above and it caused me much mental anguish. I can picture the entire scene, right down to the
    >>angle of the sun and and shadow cast by the mountains.
    >>
    >>Tom....dreaming of snow and yearning to go West!
    >

    > Since you brought it up, it is so awesome, it's hard to believe it's real. To be up there on a xc
    > trail and look down over this huge valley, with occasional mtn peaks poking up, looking like
    > islands amongst a vast sea of blinding white cotton. Right now, its perfectly clear, and I don't
    > know whether to ride, ski, or just hole up with a book by the fire.

    It's rainy here. Rain, alternating with sleet. But my son's home - Christmas cycle break
    already - and his best buddy, Brandon came over to play. Little Jerry just showed up, too.
    Talks up a storm, but I can't understand half of what he's saying. Julian and Brandon can
    follow, though, so that's all that really matters here and now. They're eating PB&J waffles
    and watching "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". They are happy guys.

    Kathleen

  17. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > They're eating PB&J waffles and watching "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". They are
    > happy guys.

    Copycats, except that I had PB&J sandwiches while watching that yesterday. I was happy to be warm
    after a bit of a cold ride in the AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak
    quesadilla, no movie.

    JD

  18. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Paladin wrote:
    >
    > > "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>"Paladin"> >>

    > > real. To be up there on a xc trail and look down over this huge valley, with occasional mtn
    > > peaks poking up, looking like islands amongst a vast sea of blinding white cotton. Right now,
    > > its perfectly clear, and I don't know whether to ride, ski, or just hole up with a book by
    > > the fire.
    >
    > It's rainy here. Rain, alternating with sleet. But my son's home - Christmas cycle break
    > already - and his best buddy, Brandon came over to play. Little Jerry just showed up, too.
    > Talks up a storm, but I can't understand half of what he's saying. Julian and Brandon can
    > follow, though, so that's all that really matters here and now. They're eating PB&J waffles
    > and watching "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman". They are happy guys.
    >
    > Kathleen

    So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and
    clear. Awesome traction with the decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
    bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick or benched by the weather, it
    was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a big
    climb. Being alive.

    paladin

  19. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    JD <[email protected]> typed:
    > Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> They're eating

    > AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak quesadilla, no movie.
    >
    > JD

    Thanks to Kathleen and Penny, I have an image of Jer curled up in a fresh killed elk ribcage with a
    hunk of cheese and some tortillas.

    JD - "Just call me 'red'"

    Mike

  20. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and
    > clear. Awesome traction with the decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
    > bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick or benched by the weather, it
    > was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a
    > big climb. Being alive.
    >
    > paladin

    Now you're just being a sadist. You're probably going to go skiing this weekend too, right? What's
    next, breast torture? (okay, just kidding there.....)

    Tom (eating my heart out)