It's days like today...

tcmedara wrote:

> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>So I went riding. The hills were pink and lavender in the bright winter sunshine. Cold, crisp and
>>clear. Awesome traction with the decomposed granite packed down and slightly damp. Runners, dogs,
>>bikes, you could see your breath. Over a month of being laid up sick or benched by the weather, it
>>was WONDERFUL. Everything felt so intense, so exquisite, even the fear of a heart attack after a
>>big climb. Being alive.
>>
>>paladin
>>

> Now you're just being a sadist. You're probably going to go skiing this weekend too, right? What's
> next, breast torture? (okay, just kidding there.....)
>
> Tom (eating my heart out)

Well, considering that my boy is begging to be taken up snowboarding, and

that one of my Christmas presents I get to open Friday (before we travel

to the relatives), is new xc ski boots, and wax, I gotta check em out & see

how they work, right? Or a little alpine downhill.

Yes, it was amazing out riding tonight. Everybody was grinning big.

paladin

> that I'm glad I live in the south. While the rest of the nation is digging out of seemingly
> endless blizzards, Mother Nature has slipped in a beautiful day in an otherwise dreary December.
> Sunny and 55 today. No rain until late Tuesday. Hope everyone gets a ride in today.

Me too. Year round riding weather is nice. If you can call summer in the deep south "riding
weather", when it is nearly impossible to enjoy a ride after 11 AM because of the heat and humidity.
Not to mention the swarms of biting flies and big-ass spiders.

Winter is the season for mountain biking in the deep south. Summer is for the die-hards. The others
remove their visors and become roadies.

Scott "Die-Hard" G.

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In news:[email protected], JD <[email protected]> typed:
> > Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >> They're eating
>
> > AM. Today was warmer and followed up with an elk steak quesadilla, no movie.
> >
> > JD
>
> Thanks to Kathleen and Penny, I have an image of Jer curled up in a fresh killed elk ribcage with
> a hunk of cheese and some tortillas.
>
> JD - "Just call me 'red'"
>
> Mike

Gub'mint cheese.