Its good for you...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    6am trainer rides...

    It does your heart and soul some good...

    - CA-G can't mountain bike, the trails are like thick soup...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > 6am trainer rides...
    >
    > It does your heart and soul some good...
    >
    > - CA-G can't mountain bike, the trails are like thick soup...
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    There is oxygen at 6am? <shiver> You go girl!

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 6am trainer rides...
    >
    > It does your heart and soul some good...

    Maybe the heart (physiologically) part I ncan buy, but "soul" on a trainer?

    JD

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  5. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    JD wrote:
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> 6am trainer rides...
    >>
    >> It does your heart and soul some good...
    >
    > Maybe the heart (physiologically) part I ncan buy, but "soul" on a trainer?
    >
    > JD

    Sure, It takes soul and it's character building too.

    (7 am spin rides)

    Penny

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >
    >>"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >>
    >>>6am trainer rides...
    >>>
    >>>It does your heart and soul some good...
    >>
    >>Maybe the heart (physiologically) part I ncan buy, but "soul" on a trainer?
    >>
    >>JD
    >

    > Sure, It takes soul and it's character building too.
    >
    > (7 am spin rides)

    And riding the 9.8 miles to work on the single-speed outfitted w/ slicks.... Gets you pumped up for
    the day like _nothing_ else I know of (No Rimmer, not even "that" !-)

    Good thing I have a "spare" car to leave at each end for the days I don't want to ride both ways.

  7. "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > JD wrote:
    > > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> 6am trainer rides...
    > >>
    > >> It does your heart and soul some good...
    > >
    > > Maybe the heart (physiologically) part I ncan buy, but "soul" on a trainer?
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Sure, It takes soul and it's character building too.
    >
    > (7 am spin rides)
    >
    > Penny

    I don't know, prehaps the character building part are 6:00am hair fashions.

    (6am and again at 8:30am, M, W & F, its all I got ... right now)
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Craig Brossman wrote:

    > I don't know, prehaps the character building part are 6:00am hair fashions.
    >
    > (6am and again at 8:30am, M, W & F, its all I got ... right now)

    It's character building to just get out out bed and go to a frickin' exercise class first thing in
    the morning.

    penny

  9. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > 6am trainer rides...
    >
    > It does your heart and soul some good...
    >
    > - CA-G can't mountain bike, the trails are like thick soup...
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Yeah, I guess. It's always the hardest activities that they say build character. Or whatever.

    I used to spin over the winter 4 days/week at 5am. Everybody said I was crazy. OK, go on, so what's
    the point?

  10. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > 6am trainer rides...

    WEIRDO! I do 6am rides because I need to get to work at that time, but I sure wouldn't be up at that
    time to train! I'd vastly prefer an early evening/dusk ride for training.

    Trentus

  11. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > 6am trainer rides...
    >
    > WEIRDO! I do 6am rides because I need to get to work at that time, but I sure wouldn't be up at
    > that time to train! I'd vastly prefer an early evening/dusk ride for training.
    >
    > Trentus

    Ooops, missed the fact that that was "trainer" not "training" Now you're even more of a weirdo. If
    you must ride - at any hour - do it on a real bike in real terrain - road or dirt whichever you
    prefer, but do it for real.

    like the real thing.

    Trentus

  12. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ooops, missed the fact that that was "trainer" not "training" Now you're even more of a weirdo. If
    > you must ride - at any hour - do it on a real bike in real terrain -
    road
    > or dirt whichever you prefer, but do it for real.

    > like the real thing.

    Guess you missed the whole point. The trails are like thick soup right now. I'd rather ride the
    trainer (and watch tv or listen to music at the same time) than to go out and do damage to the
    trails I love by riding in the mud. The trails have to be given a chance to recover from this
    relatively harsh winter we have been having. Its called using some common sense. We did, however, go
    out for a trials session last night, the weather finally settled a bit.

    And I am not a weirdo...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  13. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sitting and pedalling a trainner at any time and looking at four walls a ceiling
    > and floor Its like spending time in a prison cell and pedaling no where. Get out
    > and enjoy sounds, smells,sights,and life. Don't forget that flat tire.

    No riding when the trails are like chunky soup...and I did manage one day to blow out my tire on the
    trainer...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  14. "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > 6am trainer rides...
    > >
    > > WEIRDO! I do 6am rides because I need to get to work at that time, but I sure wouldn't be up at
    > > that time to train! I'd vastly prefer an early evening/dusk ride for training.
    > >
    > > Trentus
    >

    > Ooops, missed the fact that that was "trainer" not "training" Now you're even more of a weirdo. If
    > you must ride - at any hour - do it on a real bike in real terrain -
    road
    > or dirt whichever you prefer, but do it for real.

    > like the real thing.
    >
    > Trentus

    It is just not always possible to do it on a real bike on real terrain. Injuries, schedules, snow,
    rain, kids ... it is just not always possible.
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  15. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > Guess you missed the whole point. The trails are like thick soup right
    now.
    > I'd rather ride the trainer (and watch tv or listen to music at the same time) than to go out and
    > do damage to the trails I love by riding in the mud. The trails have to be given a chance to
    > recover from this relatively harsh winter we have been having. Its called using some common sense.
    > We did, however, go out for a trials session last night, the weather finally settled a bit.
    >
    > And I am not a weirdo...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    Sorry, didn't know about the mud and the winter. I take back the weirdo. Down Here we are in the
    midst of one of the worst droughts on record, so I've actually forgotten what mud looks like. Our
    trails are so hard baked by sun that you could do donoughts in a tank and wouldn't scratch the
    surface. I appreciate you not riding in the mud, too many doing that gives mtn bikers a bad name.
    Though I do confess to riding in the rain once, it was a trail I'd travelled over 200Kms to get to,
    and then it chose to rain, and since this trail is an unknown, almost never used trail in a tiny
    outback town (1100 population) the damage done by our bikes (the only ones the trail had seen in a
    long time - in fact I suspect the only ones on the trail since the last trip WE made there) would be
    pretty minor, and quickly repaired by nature itself, especially as the trail in question was
    actually a fire trail for fire vehicles, that was marked and mapped and sign posted for bike riders.
    And having travelled so damned far to ride the trail, I wasn't going to turn back unless I felt it
    would harm the trail, and I seriously doubt in the situation that it would, but we did check with
    the trail manager first.

    Mind you the whole idea of riding on a trainer fascinates me, I really want to try that some day to
    see how the balance etc works when the bike isn't actually moving.

    It's like the plan I've heard some person has to build a MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE disk TILTED on
    a huge hill, and motorise this disk so that it rotates, and get people to pay to ride "down" the
    upward moving side of the disk so that they have a never ending downhill ride. And if they do ride
    faster than the disk then they get carried back to the top on the other side of the disk. This idea
    intriques me, as in theory the bike isn't actually moving, so do the technicalities change re.
    balance, etc. And what happens when you go over the jumps etc, the bump is actually passing up under
    you, you aren't actually moving, so do you get much air, etc. etc. Also how does moving from the
    inner circle to the outer circle affect the ride, because the outside of a disk moves faster than
    the inside of the disk, so the speed the ground is moving underneath you would change, so your speed
    would need to change, and the only way to do that might actually be to PEDAL down the hill. In the
    winter he intends to make it a never ending downhill ski slope as well. But I suspect the cost to
    build this thing would make it VERY VERY expensive to ride on, and I know one won't be built near
    me, as we have irregular winters, and WAY WAY WAY TOO SMALL a population of bikers who'd ever
    consider paying for riding.

    Trentus

  16. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Penny S. wrote:
    > > JD wrote:
    > >
    > >>"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>Maybe the heart (physiologically) part I ncan buy, but "soul" on a trainer?
    > >>
    > >>JD
    > >

    > > Sure, It takes soul and it's character building too.
    > >
    > > (7 am spin rides)
    >
    > And riding the 9.8 miles to work on the single-speed outfitted w/ slicks.... Gets you pumped up
    > for the day like _nothing_ else I know of (No Rimmer, not even "that" !-)

    Heheheh, well, I find that good lovemaking for an hour or so in the morning followed by a 6-7 mile
    3/4 uphill ride to work on the 36lb fat tyred BASE beast gets me completely pumped ',;~}X

    > Good thing I have a "spare" car to leave at each end for the days I don't want to ride both ways.

    Heh, yeah, can see how that would come in handy ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  17. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Craig Brossman wrote:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>>
    > > I don't know, prehaps the character building part are 6:00am hair fashions.
    > >
    > > (6am and again at 8:30am, M, W & F, its all I got ... right now)
    >
    > It's character building to just get out out bed and go to a frickin' exercise class first thing in
    > the morning.

    It's also character building to sit down with a sheet of A4, a pen, a set of dice, and a TSR AD&D
    book or 3.

    Shaun aRe - Half Elf rogue/warriors spec. 2 handed fighting, longsword, are good in a
    tight spot.....

    P.s. - Roll those 18's folks!!!!

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Heheheh, well, I find that good lovemaking for an hour or so in the
    morning
    > > by a fat beast gets me completely pumped ',;~}X
    >
    > Really?

    Ooo look everybody! See how the clever man changed the words I wrote to me look bad?

    Shaun aRe - will I ever recover form that one?

  20. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > It's also character building to sit down with a sheet of A4, a pen, a set
    of
    > dice, and a TSR AD&D book or 3.

    AD&D...that's so 80's...

    - CA-G