It's like a jungle out there for bike riders

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:40:33 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Apr 25, 1:17 pm, Gunner <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:19:27 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >*Riding a bike is good for the environment, great for peace, and
>> >excellent for your health. We need facilities, though, like BIKE LANES
>> >to be safe.

>> Yes Indeed.
>>
>> Btw..we managed to successfully avoid the democracy trap here in the
>> US, fortunately the Founders realized how dangerous a democracy is,
>> and gave us a constitutional republic.

>I just have a problem with the language "by the people and for the
>people..."
>
>I wonder what the type of democracy they are exporting to Iraq... ???

If you paid attention to the news, you would know they are exporting a
consitutional republic as well. Its the only thing that actually
works.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

On Apr 26, 4:03 pm, Gunner Asch <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:36:43 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Apr 25, 1:02 pm, Gunner <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Monkeys are well known for throwing **** at passers by and making lots
> >> of noise.

> >> Perhaps that explains some of the posts from bike riders?

> >> Perhaps yall may now have some grasp of the thinking of a longtailed
> >> cat, in a room full of rocking chairs?

> >> Gunner

> >The monkeys --sorry the cyclists-- you are talking about are the ones
> >in lycra. They are much noiser than the commuter type. And don't eat
> >peanuts. ;)

> True indeed  Most commuter types are interested in surviving to make
> it home, or to work.
>
> Its the lycra'd "purists" and endorphine addicts that are the biggest
> problem.  Those and the homeless drunks/druggies that have to resort
> to a second hand store Huffy to make their rounds as they lost their
> DLs years ago.
>
> Hum...sometimes its hard to tell them apart, but for the clothing.

I'm in another forum (Dahon foldables) where, I assure you, their
members are civilized people.

But the Huffy type ride mostly the sidewalks and back alleys. It's the
lycra types that give a bad name to cycling.